2015/16 Melbourne Victory Thread - Goodbye and Thankyou Archie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That would be a huge loss.

To lose a quality player at the age of 25/26 is going to hurt if he does indeed go, especially when Archie is retiring, FBK is on the wrong side of 30 and our back up options are Ingham and Pain.

Hopefully we free up some cash for him.

It's hard to criticise Barba if they want to make him their marquee though. I don't think we'd ever be able to match that money - and honestly? Nor should we. If we want a viable Phoenix side in the A-League, and a Phoenix side that NZ, their FA, and their tv stations and sponsors will support, maybe having the best Australiasian-based All-Whites playing in NZ is for the good of the competition.

And to be really frank about it, I don't think Victory are going to be overly disappointed about losing 2 visa players in Delpierre and Barbarouses and being able to replace them - at some point we have to take a longer view, consider the ACL, and use one of our visa spots on an Asian player. It's hard to compete with money in the Emirates, or in China, Japan or Korea. But if the Wanderers managed to get Ono for 2 seasons (who wanted to stay at least one more year) it's got to be possible.

Alternatively, Barba and MDP are 2 players that are on good coin inside the salary cap. If we aren't going to use that money to improve our depth, I would hope we could move Bozanic into the cap and spend some big money on another marquee, regardless of where they're from. Robinho still doesn't have a club after leaving China...

Given the recent penalties and response from the RBB, I'd like to see the NT put out a statement saying they absolutely DO NOT support the use of flares and will turn anyone who lights one into authorities.

Sadly, can't see that happening.

Generally the NT is very respectful towards AAMI Park.
Rarely are flares lit.

I've just fallen completely off the wagon now that we won it all.

Its crazy that the hunt seemed more enjoyable than rolling in the spoils of winning but compared to previous seasons i haven't been keeping up anywhere near as much.

Can't believe i was a member and attended every home game of the Mehmet Durakovic season but can't pay attention to the champs!

The fact that they (Melb City) play 3-5-2 means we should be able to slice through them at will in behind with Barbarouses/FBK/Berisha- so long as these guys look to make runs into those channels and spaces and our mids deliver the ball into those areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently the club has just bought a Serie D team in Italy. Anyone heard or seen anything about this??

So apparently the club has just bought a Serie D team in Italy. Anyone heard or seen anything about this??
Here's a rough translate

"The chief judge Richard Hake , in the presence of the curator decided to open the package already filed February 10, 2016 which is found to contain an offer from Mr. irrevocable purchase Union sports company Triestina 2012, Mario Vittorio Biasin as sole administrator of MET511 PTY LTD (Australia), a company belonging to the indicated Metricon Group, operating in real estate in Australia, cauzionata by check of 100 thousand euro. in the same offer Mr. Biasin, he has indicated it will undertake the next initiative in partnership with Anthony Di Pietro , president of Melbourne Victory FC, expressing right now which of the sports technical referent Mr. Mauro Milanese .

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste...uo-scendere-in-campo-fino-all-asta-1.12945750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back