2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was in the shed for the 1st time since the GFU left the shed a few years ago and it was awesome tonight. It makes me feel that even if the terrace started up again I'd just go in the shed.

The performance was great. The only one this season to match it is the semi v City and the Adeliade game. We didn't have 1 weak player and even Warren played well. Reiners needs to start from now on and thank god Risdon is back. The app on my phone says Victory had 72% possession which is surely a load of crap.

Games lost when gaskin has attended this season at home in the a-league: 0
% of games won with above criteria: 100%.
Go more often plz

My mate said much the same. The only other game I have been to was a mid week game and that was the FFA Cup semi and we belted City.

Like I said, a bit of belief goes along way. That win on the weekend would have really given he side a boost.

Good to hear Reiners was given a go. How'd he play?

He played well, played the full 90 mins. Worked really hard and ran to the right spots.
Good to see Glory has won 2 in a row.

Good to hear Reiners was given a go. How'd he play?

He was good. Got the assist for Castro with a fantastic run and was holding the ball up well all game. He offered more in that 1 game than I have seen from Fernandez.

Reiners was really good, let alone for a 17 y.o. in his first start in the league against the champions.

He moved well, held up the ball when he needed to and ran at defenders when he could. His run to set up the goal was quality.

Castro looked good as the creative player in the middle of the park. It's a shame that his performance came at the expense of Nebo's hamstring.

Risdon added some quality to the back four. He was man of the match for me.

I really liked Grant's game too. He loves getting stuck in.

Overall a good performance, but Victory looked really flat. I can see them getting turned over by City on Saturday: City are 14-2 in their last three for three wins and Victory are 0-5 for three losses.

Good result although it's a shame we didn't hold on. 7 points from 3 games that included Victory and WSW is a good effort.

He is only 17. Needs some more miles in the legs.

Still probably could have played that first 45.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Teenagers from youth team stands out in debut.
-Fans want him to start every game from now on.
-Repeat.

Like what was said, Reimers is only 17 and just doesn't have the legs to play week in week out let alone 2 games in 4 days. Still, going on the track record of the average Glory fan they'll think it's some Lowy led conspiracy to refuse to play youth and get in some "30 year old Brit" which hasn't happened in years.

-Teenagers from youth team stands out in debut.
-Fans want him to start every game from now on.
-Repeat.

Like what was said, Reimers is only 17 and just doesn't have the legs to play week in week out let alone 2 games in 4 days. Still, going on the track record of the average Glory fan they'll think it's some Lowy led conspiracy to refuse to play youth and get in some "30 year old Brit" which hasn't happened in years.

No doubt.

I don't think people on this board have been calling for Reiners to play 90 minutes every week. It's obvious and necessary that the squad was being managed through three games in eight days. The point being made is that Reiners has showed he has skill and heart and brings energy (which is crucial when we're playing one up front) which is more than can be said for Fernandez who sulks around, is offside most of the time, and couldn't hold the ball up to save himself.

Interesting to read in today's West that Thwaite has said that Keogh is only 50% fit.

I'll take the point. I thought we were pretty good without creating a helluva lot of chances. Castro continues to improve and I'm loving his work more and more each game. Harold is still gash though and I have no idea how a striker can reach that level and miss the amount of sitters he does.

Berisha is still a campaigner though. Someone needs to snap his legs.

The FFA needs to do something about this. It damaged the league in general when the average ocker sports fan sees this happen. Doesn't help the stereotype. Still, another good result again the champs/chumps.

I've given up on this game. This 2nd half is f****** atrocious and there is no way we are coming back from 2 down.

Somebody remind me why we let JMac go to Brisbane? Or did he want out?

He wanted out. We refused. Players association got involved. We relented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back