2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stating fact .....guarantee you didn't see his games last season ....so why comment

IF you had read my texts (all) in context on this subject, you'll find it's a pretty balanced view that doesn't dispute for one second his talent

But you're saying we select players in our team on talent alone .....not form ....not fitness .....and that's just a plain ridiculous position to take

So Lever everyone agree's is a huge talent .....so on your stated position he should have been a walk up start for round 1 last year :rolleyes:

Milera is hugely talented, as much as Menzel .....so according to you he's a walk up start for round 1 next season :rolleyes:

I don't care how talented a player is .....if he's not in form ....if he's not AFL fit .....he doesn't get picked

Ever heard of team culture .....players themselves know who should be in a team and who's been gifted

I watched a lot of Carlton last year however your kidding yourself if you think that Pyke is going to be influenced by 2015 form for round 1 selection

Round 1 selection starts now, it's all about pre-season training, player understanding and adoption of game plan and form during pre-season games

You can bang on all you like about Menzel's 2015 form which was below his best but reality is that's it has no bearing on round 1 selection

On Milera when did I say he walks into our round 1 side, you do make a real goose of yourself when you make stuff up

Surely I don't have to point out the difference between Milera and Menzel, with that said I wouldn't rule out Milera playing round 1 if he makes the most of his pre season game chances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a lot of Carlton last year however your kidding yourself if you think that Pyke is going to be influenced by 2015 form for round 1 selection

Round 1 selection starts now, it's all about pre-season training, player understanding and adoption of game plan and form during pre-season games

You can bang on all you like about Menzel's 2015 form which was below his best but reality is that's it has no bearing on round 1 selection

On Milera when did I say he walks into our round 1 side, you do make a real goose of yourself when you make stuff up

Surely I don't have to point out the difference between Milera and Menzel, with that said I wouldn't rule out Milera playing round 1 if he makes the most of his pre season game chances
Suggest you re-read your posts to see the main point you were trying to make .......consistency in your argument is missing

Just stating fact .....guarantee you didn't see his games last season ....so why comment

IF you had read my texts (all) in context on this subject, you'll find it's a pretty balanced view that doesn't dispute for one second his talent

But you're saying we select players in our team on talent alone .....not form ....not fitness .....and that's just a plain ridiculous position to take

So Lever everyone agree's is a huge talent .....so on your stated position he should have been a walk up start for round 1 last year :rolleyes:

Milera is hugely talented, as much as Menzel .....so according to you he's a walk up start for round 1 next season :rolleyes:

I don't care how talented a player is .....if he's not in form ....if he's not AFL fit .....he doesn't get picked

Ever heard of team culture .....players themselves know who should be in a team and who's been gifted

Ironic coming from someone who supported the continual selection of Dmac, Wright and VB last year. Every single time they were selected.

Geez I'd love that to be true but I'm conditioned to expect VB and Dmac in the 22 after yet another stellar preseason.

Really hope CEY picks up from where he left off in the first half of 2015. Believe he could be a very handy/unique midfielder to have in our side if he can further develop/improve.
Absolutely agree with this - I know I was initially a critic of CEY, but he showed some signs there may just be quite a special player in there.

2016 really is case of now or never

Potential round 1
Brown Hartigan Lever
Laird Talia Seedsman
Smith B Crouch Knight
Lynch Tex Menzel
Betts Jenkins Cameron
1R Jacobs Thompson Sloane
I/C M Crouch , Douglas, Atkins , Henderson
Emerg CEY , Milera , Otten

Potential round 1
Brown Hartigan Lever