Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing much to add to E Sheds excellent report except to say Zac Clarke was every where today ,big marks showed lots of pace and gets the TTHD award. Hard to tell in the sims where they play but I think Zac was CHF and Collins played on him . Thats the second time I've seen Collins have trouble coping with Zac. Collins learning a lot about how to negate the big forwards you would imagine.
The groundsman showed me some pics of the grass at the new training facility where he has just cut the grass. Looks brilliant.

hahahaahah oh god! that start of video is hilarious!! Good match sim footage though for those who can't make it to training....lol at the annoyed grunt by Johnson. And Ibbo kicking into the man on the mark...HA

I kept wanting Barra to be hit in the head by a footy - but no such luck.

One came kinda close nearly two minutes in, but fell short of the boundary... so clearly the kicking skills aren't quite up to scratch yet.

:p

You're right, I forgot about Clarke, he was indeed impressive.
I haven't seen enough of Deluca to really give an opinion on whether his kicking is generally good or bad. The one I saw from up close today (after he took a great mark) was very high and loopy and not what you'd hope to see from an AFL player.
Maybe he's a gun kick. I'd consider it unlikely with that action but happy to be wrong.

When he is at speed Deluca generally does hit targets but I cant comment when he is shooting for goals after a mark as I cant recall seeing him shoot for goal. I also recall today at Northern end goals another of our players was high and loopy when kicking it to Mayney.

sherrif has previously commented when we have been watching that last year he wasn't kicking all that well but has improved somewhat but he isn't a gun at kicking but may get there.

Nothing much to add to E Sheds excellent report except to say Zac Clarke was every where today ,big marks showed lots of pace and gets the TTHD award. Hard to tell in the sims where they play but I think Zac was CHF and Collins played on him . Thats the second time I've seen Collins have trouble coping with Zac. Collins learning a lot about how to negate the big forwards you would imagine.
The groundsman showed me some pics of the grass at the new training facility where he has just cut the grass. Looks brilliant.
Thanks Salim,

How were Clarke's knees looking, how much strapping?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff from the training watchers as usual. Really getting excited to see some of the pre-season matches now. Has the intra-club match happened yet?

Thanks Salim - so with Griff I believe in the rehab group today does this mean that after training really well all pre-season Clarke is back as the front runner for Rd1 over Griff? How do you see that selection panning out? Also if we use comparison to Collins as a guide did Griff cause him similar grief (Ha!) in previous weeks?

Did anyone see how Hurley's looking at the moment?

Isn't he injured ATM? Rehab group if at all. Till then I think he has been coming along really well.

I have always said based on his WAFL games I can see Hurley playing for us late this year or early next - has all the skills and I rate him almost on par with APearce going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back