Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe the young boys start on Monday and then the older guys a week or 2 later. If they are training next week then I'll be heading there on Monday unless something comes up.

Yep - club website has training starting next week... and we have been instructed to watch them too... or at least 8 of them.

Amazing to think Bennell has over 80 games under his belt already, but is only one year older than Sherro.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-11-18/8-players-to-watch-in-2016

I'll be able to make it down to a few sessions this year too.

salim malik - what's the best day if I'm only going to make the trek once a week? (ie: is there a 'main' session that's the most worthwhile coming too?). And do they do ball work straight away or will the first few weeks just be running?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

salim malik - what's the best day if I'm only going to make the trek once a week? (ie: is there a 'main' session that's the most worthwhile coming too?). And do they do ball work straight away or will the first few weeks just be running?

Before Chistmas it doesn't really matter which day as it's more about fitness than ball work.

I'll be able to make it down to a few sessions this year too.

Last season the footies came out first day. Pretty much the same procedure every session before Christmas , a bit of ball work and then lots of running .

Probably changed since but I remember when Acker was at the Dogs he said that they pretty much don't touch a footy for the first few weeks.
They got the footys out early last year. I made it to training the first session after the draft and they had them out.

So it was getting dark, and I was hurrying across the oval to get to the hospital, but it sure looked like Connor Blakely training by himself at Rosalie Park on Wednesday evening. He was doing repeat sprints between two sets of markers. Private fitness work, or my poor eyesight?
Since the club isn't allowed to keep tabs on the players during their time off anymore they pay extra close attention to the return to training fitness levels of the players.

Conner is smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back