Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Probably the rehab group. Good to see him out there!

Apeness did some running today but has a noticeable limp and was in the rehab group where the biomechanist filmed Yarran,Apeness and some others doing some straight line running.But as Salim and Jedi said it was a light session.

Not much happened ,very easy quiet session. Fyfe and Ballic ran goal to goal together. When you see Fyfe and a newbie together you realise how big Nathan is and how much work the youngsters need to do. Apeness and Yarran in the rehab section running, Yarran with his knee strapped. A lot of laughter and good humour on the track . It was light skill work with a competition to see who would be the last the last man standing in a don't drop the ball exercise. That little comp was won by Mayne much to his delight. . General consensus amongst those watching was that all the older players seemed to have lightened of. Barlow in particular seemed to have lost a lot of weight. Tomorrow is the 3klm run so that will be interesting to see how they stack up against last years run. Friday should be a lot more interesting than today.

Slim who was that old bloke who bottled me up when I was trying to watch training? Next time I'll hide. He sprayed a bucket full of saliva on me and his breath stunk and wanted to give me a history lesson is union regulations West Australia.

On Friday I'll be hanging on the other side of the oval under a fig tree instead. It can be someone else's turn next time.

Slim who was that old bloke who bottled me up when I was trying to watch training? Next time I'll hide. He sprayed a bucket full of saliva on me and his breath stunk and wanted to give me a history lesson is union regulations West Australia.

On Friday I'll be hanging on the other side of the oval under a fig tree instead. It can be someone else's turn next time.

Yeh he is someone you avoid ,down wind of him is the place to be.

Were Ueber and Nyhuis there? Didn't see them in any of the club photo's.
They were both there but they were in different groups with the Yoga group doing their thing in South Freo's lounge area within the Grif John Pavilion which is alongside Dockers HQ and the other groups were rehab, skills, and Gym.

Yeh he is someone you avoid ,down wind of him is the place to be.
salim malik, jedi mind tricksTheInjuryFactory. I copped him first if your talking about the guy with the long grey hair with the stomach bulge who carried on to me about Hawthorn and then proceed to talk about Hird and Essendon. He also mentioned what his brother who lives in Toorak thought of Hirdy. I couldn't get away from him initially but did later when I told him to seek you Salim and JMT out ha ha ha and that you were the most knowledgeable and interesting of the fossils and others attending the session. No I didn't really send him your way.

Actually we could direct him towards Hugo or his brother Bernard (the WP boys) and he can speak to Hugo about the biomechanist's theory of kicking goals versus the Suma theory.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know Reginald Perrin was back from Tasmania.

From the club snapchat it shows Fyfe doing running with Balic one on one. It may be a way of easing Balic in to training after his wrist operation and at the same time learning the rope from the best in the business. it would be great if Balic can hang around Fyfe as much as possible as there are similarities in the two of them from when Fyfe was first drafted.

I recommended that he get next to Sutty and try and go with him . I warned him that the smile on Suttys face can be deceiving but that if he uses him as a role model he won't go wrong with his development . His reply was that he saw Fyfe as the role model he was aspiring to follow so it looks like he got his wish.

Long Hair , knee strap and swears like a trooper , louder than a fog horn and know it all .
We have all had a spray from time to time .Thank your luck stars that he didn't try to tell you his life story , its the never ending one :drunk:

Long Hair , knee strap and swears like a trooper , louder than a fog horn and know it all .
We have all had a spray from time to time .Thank your luck stars that he didn't try to tell you his life story , its the never ending one :drunk:

Yep that's him. He kept using the 'C' word and I'm still scrubbing his odour off my face.

I am sure I met this guy last year. I was waiting around for Gaskin and thankfully I can talk a lot of s**t too if I need to so I think he gave up after I started on my own life story.

I recommended that he get next to Sutty and try and go with him . I warned him that the smile on Suttys face can be deceiving but that if he uses him as a role model he won't go wrong with his development . His reply was that he saw Fyfe as the role model he was aspiring to follow so it looks like he got his wish.

Hang on are you giving AFL footballers advice on how to train when the club employs sports scientists of the highest calibre plus coaches of the ilk of Ross Lyon.

Good God :confused:

Hang on are you giving AFL footballers advice on how to train when the club employs sports scientists of the highest calibre plus coaches of the ilk of Ross Lyon.

Good God :confused:

Correct - that was a :confused: moment for me too.

Think its time Coulda took over the reins of an under 9's team to impart his wisdom on those guys. Stop putting ideas in the freo lads' heads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back