2015/16 SkyBet Championship

Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
They should have sacked him in the offseason then. 4 games surely doesn't give you enough of a chance to see if things have changed.

Pearson is available though!

Probably, but this is Blackburn after all. They haven't been well-run for almost 10 years.

Pearson would be interesting, not entirely sure that he's the right fit for Blackburn though.

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
Don't think we'll perform well in the top of the table clash this weekend. Having lost a few people associated with the club in the horrific Shoreham plane crash and our training facilities being used by the emergency servies as their base of operations it doesnt auger well with the mood at the club being very sombre.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
It's complicated to say the least, but I'll give it a go...

Leeds were previously owned by a group called Gulf Finance House, who took %100 ownership of the club in 2012 from Ken Bates.

Our shirt sponsor, Enterprise Insurance, was apart of a syndicate called Sports Capital Group, a consortium featuring ex-Leeds managing director David Haigh and Andrew Flowers. They had plans to buy the club in 2014 but after 3 months the deal fell through.

The failure of that bid cleared the pathway for current owner Massimo Cellino, to buy a %75 stake in the club, the other %25 still belonging to Gulf Finance House.

So, Sports Capital (Sponsors group), accuses GFH of breaking the terms of the SPA by negotiating the sale of United to Cellino and the Italian’s UK firm, Eleonora Sport Limited, and launched a £33m claim for damages against Gulf Finance House over the collapse of its deal.

Hence, why you don't see them on the shirt this season.

#bringbackstrongbow

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Also sold Dallas and a few others I think, so will certainly be an interesting season for them.
Moved the Brentford (my 2nd team) chat to here. They really are going with this moneyball thing and running with it. I'm sure the prices they get for all will be re-invested. Looking at their ins and outs they've made roughly 10m so far. Whilst not household names at all the 7 guys from the continent they've brought in + McEacheran they'd have done endless analysis on and wouldn't surprise me if a couple of them are this season's Jota

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
What a day for away teams. Hull and Wolves the only teams to win at home. Not one draw either.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Still undefeated in 5th. Playing average football but getting the job done which is what matters. Slade has done a ripper job with the resources he has.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Tommy Oar at Ipswich will be interesting, he created the most chances in the Erevidise last year and also had the highest cross completion rate, over the likes of Depay etc, he knocked back a contract from Ajax because he wanted to leave Holland, was obviously lose to joining Bilbao.

Personally think he might rip it up there.

The schedule is already released isn't it? They normally do it 2 or 3 months in advance.

Nope. Bein/International feeds can pick up one of the 3pm games pretty short notice, like they did with our game against Charlton the other week, and Brighton-Ipswich.

Makes sense to be able to do that, otherwise they run the risk of trying to predict which games will get the highest ratings but have to do so 3 months out. They'll always want to be televising top of the table clashes I would think.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Nope. Bein/International feeds can pick up one of the 3pm games pretty short notice, like they did with our game against Charlton the other week, and Brighton-Ipswich.

Makes sense to be able to do that, otherwise they run the risk of trying to predict which games will get the highest ratings but have to do so 3 months out. They'll always want to be televising top of the table clashes I would think.
Ahhh interesting. They used to just follow whatever Championship game was broadcast in the UK. You're right though, that is better!

Horts

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leeds United, Melbourne City
Pretty stoked with our season heading into the first intl. break.

Undefeated and slightly unlucky not to have a couple more wins on the board, but i'll take it!

Just signed Jordan Botaka on deadline day, looks a nice fit. Credit where it's due, Uwe certainly has been ticking the right boxes so far.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Reckon there's a good chance it will be. We seem to get shown on US televised games a bit.

Hmm... I wonder why...

Brighton-14-15-Third-Kit+(2).jpg

Mind you, it also ticks the local sponsor box as well. Brighton is also a rather popular place to visit for Yankee tourists.

It will be quite interesting if Brighton can keep up their run of form.

Back