2015-16 Summer of Cricket/Shrine to Usman

Who will win Aus v NZ

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We just bat so limply so often. Most of our good scores have come off 1 batter taking initative. I watch a bit of T20 and we are definately the most cautious batting team - it pisses me off and I can tell its a Langer approach, everyone bangs on about our amazing bowling but the limp batting is always overlooked
It's worked for us in the past, why change a winning formula? We were found out this year though. Hope we drop Battery and chase a decent hitter.

Peiterson v Carberry was the game. No contest. Scoring 140 had to get KP for under 20. He just showed his class. Difficult pitch to score on and if he went early i think the Scorchers would have dcraped home.

It's worked for us in the past, why change a winning formula? We were found out this year though. Hope we drop Battery and chase a decent hitter.

I guess with teams improving and particularly having batters regularly scoring at 200+ strike rates it has overcome whatever bowling advantage we used to have. The reality is, it's a batters game, one or two guys can completely turn an innings versus one gun bowler who only gets 4 overs and can effectively be 'seen off' by the batting team. Its the age old defence V offence argument - And it seems the worm has turned now to a batting driven innings.
Not having a go at our past results, just observing the rest of the comps batters have got stronger

Our batting is particularly weak this season. Previous years we've had the Marsh brothers, H Gibbs, even Simmons was uncovered as a bit of a find at the right time.

I know Langer is trying to do the right thing and play the local youngsters who are going to be the future of WA cricket. But they are hit and miss at this stage of their careers, if one or two of them have a good day fine, but if they all have a bad day at the same time then it turns bad pretty quickly. But none of them are at the level of a KP or Lynn or Khawaja - and nor is Carberry.

:cool::thumbsu:

Still can't believe the Stars won a final! We always manage to find & play into form some random kid each season. :hearts: Worrall!

Yeh he's gun Allikat ... I like how T20 rewards bowlers with tricks - being able to swing and cut it both ways really is an art form. Never met many players in my time that could effectively do it, specially not as much as he. I never really saw him get put away much this season, if he can add a few more change ups in pace to his repoirtoire he'll be world class.
I said in a post above our plan should have been just to 'see him off' by playing traditional cricket shots and picking gaps, aiming for a run a ball. I'm guessing but I don't reckon JL respected him enough to give that directive. Stupid strategy by Harris to throw the wood at him after 3 balls - pathetic actually

I understand that he needed to stay after two drops, but he just couldn't get a rhythm going. I would have thought he'd just bat recklessly and sacrifice his wicket but there wasn't much power in the shed if he got out so soon.
There was plenty of decent hitting left in the shed, if he hadn't had soaked up so many balls himself the guys like Willey coming in after might have actually been able the get a few sighters in first instead of having to go the slog from the first delivery.. It was fine him going at a run a ball for the first 25 runs or so but after that Klinger had to hit out or get out.

Yeh he's gun Allikat ... I like how T20 rewards bowlers with tricks - being able to swing and cut it both ways really is an art form. Never met many players in my time that could effectively do it, specially not as much as he. I never really saw him get put away much this season, if he can add a few more change ups in pace to his repoirtoire he'll be world class.
I said in a post above our plan should have been just to 'see him off' by playing traditional cricket shots and picking gaps, aiming for a run a ball. I'm guessing but I don't reckon JL respected him enough to give that directive. Stupid strategy by Harris to throw the wood at him after 3 balls - pathetic actually
He's been a real revelation this year. His bowling could end up being something really special - and he's not bad with the bat either. It's crazy to think though that if the Aus cricket team didn't pinch 4 of our bowlers - he probably wouldn't have been in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been a real revelation this year. His bowling could end up being something really special - and he's not bad with the bat either. It's crazy to think though that if the Aus cricket team didn't pinch 4 of our bowlers - he probably wouldn't have been in the side.

We'll have him next year then thanks !!

Maybe for my cheerleading for the Stars v the Scorchers, but c'mon... it's Melbourne v Sydney and both teams have a Hussey. This one should be neutral territory on the Freo board.
I was joking :p.

Mike Hussey over Dave Hussey every day of the week and twice on Sunday's not just based of performances

Back