2015 A-LEAGUE GRAND FINAL-Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Really pisses me off that. Its not like Victory (and others like Adelaide losing both CB) didn't have to overcome obstacles.

We lost more players then anyone else i reckon to Internationals. Milligan, Kosta, Georgevski, Geria, Pain, Ansell and Galloway. Plus we lost Delpierre from later October to February, then our first choice Keeper suffered a season and possible career ending injury in the last month of the season.

Add in all the terrible officiating that went against us (we got the sweet end of it against Brisbane when we effectively won the title though).
  • Stupid non penalty against Newcastle
  • Offside goal against Sydney
  • Non Offiside goal against heart ruled offside
  • Ryall Penalty
  • Glory Offside goal
I feel like i've missed another bad penalty somewhere too? Add in the Milligan suspension, which while I don't necessarily disagree with the suspension, was clearly dealt with in the game as the ref was 2 metres away watching but then said he didn't see as he realised he made a mistake.

Just **** off Arnold.

Arnold's comment didn't deserve a well worded reply. It deserved a 3-0 hiding ;)

I was a big West Adelaide Hellas fan back in the day, used to go with my dad to all the games. But now no way known is the NSL bigger than the AL. Everything great in this world had its humble origins at some point. The NSL is the humble origin of the AL. The AL is still a WIP, it will only get bigger and better. Love that there is more than one trophy up for grabs every season, hoping also to see the Super Cup come to fruition, though it should be called a shield so delusional Adelaide fans don't count it as a cup on the off chance they beat MV.

Come to the A League Stevie!

Why did Frank have a letter P on the sole of his shoe?

473714058.jpg

I've actually always liked Arnold, more so when he was at Central Coast. Did he do any good in Japan when he left there?

Musky must have thought all his Christmases had come at once when Arnie made the mistake of shooting his mouth of a couple of weeks ago. Musky was faced with the challenge of avoiding complacency going into the grand final after winning the Premiers Plate and our boys winning the semi-final 3-0 and in such leisurely fashion, and Arnie provided the kind of motivation money simply can't buy.

As for Arnie's time in Japan. That he came back so soon suggests the venture wasn't exactly a screaming success.

I've actually always liked Arnold, more so when he was at Central Coast. Did he do any good in Japan when he left there?

He failed miserably at Vegalta Sendai didn't win a game! the team only scored one goal and copped twelve against including two 4-0 losses in a row. He was sacked after five matches!

Last edited:
He failed miserably at Vegalta Sendai didn't win a game! the team only scored one goal and copped twelve against including two 4-0 losses in a row. He was sacked after five matches!
Sounds as good as his Socceroos stint. Should have won the 07 Asian Cup with the squad we had. campaigner has found his 'level' at Smurf FC

Sounds as good as his Socceroos stint. Should have won the 07 Asian Cup with the squad we had. campaigner has found his 'level' at Smurf FC

If Arnie is fortunate enough to get another team into an A-League final you can bet he won't be serving up the opposing coach ammunition like he gave Kevin Mucat this year to further motivate his players with.

If Arnie is fortunate enough to get another team into an A-League final you can bet he won't be serving up the opposing coach ammunition like he gave Kevin Mucat this year to further motivate his players with.
I'll take that bet.

He could get away with talking trash like that at Central Coast. When you're the underdog that's only spending $25.50 on players, everyone thinks you've done well just to get there. When your coaching the 2nd biggest team in the league, you make yourself look like a dumbass if you don't back it up.

I dunno mate I think he can't help himself. His brain is telling himself to shut up but his ego wins out all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back