Competitions 2015 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly call that rain. More like a mist. People around us putting on ponchos, a quick look over west let you know blue skies were only a minute away. Have we become soft?

That 36,500 was to be expected given the timeslot, St Kilda's small following in SA and the relative positions of both sides on the ladder.

I liked the timeslot, I had a leisurely train ride into the city, a few beers and a day at the footy then had time to go into the city to shop. It probably did not suit people with young families and commitments but you can't have all games played at 7.00 at night.

The only downer was paying $9.50 for a beer that I can get in my local for $6.50. I only had one and bought the rest in the Game Day Village for $5.00. On the subject of the Village why do they insist on having that DJ and his mindless bopping, thumping din right in the middle of it? Would anyone care if he wasn't there? No one appeared the least bit interested in what passed as entertainment and he was taking up most of the only sunny part of the area. If they have to have him stick him out the back. I would settle for dumping the DJ and putting a big screen in his place.

I liked the timeslot, I had a leisurely train ride into the city, a few beers and a day at the footy then had time to go into the city to shop. It probably did not suit people with young families and commitments but you can't have all games played at 7.00 at night.e.
agreed, loved the timeslot. Nice early start, casual lunch in city.
I'll prefer 2 12:40 sun over 2 4:10 games 100%

Yeah, didn't mind the Sunday 12.40 timeslot. Get back with kids at a reasonable time, not a rush to get them fed and in bed for school the next day. Saturday night > Friday night > Saturday afternoon > Sunday early > Sunday twilight. Thursday night it depends if during a school holiday or prior to a public holiday if so then equal with Friday night, otherwise worst of the lot. Monday night the same conditions to whether good or awful.

Thought it was a good crowd yesterday. Still made plenty of noise and was full around the bottom tiers right around the ground.

I noticed that they started to close down the bars and food stalls on the hill right after half time. Is this usual?

Yeah the Eastern side eateries and bars were shutting shop real early too. As did the James Squire bar damn it.

I also brought my 4 year old. However I unfortunately spent most of the game playing with an Iron Man action figure in an epic battle against Ultron located in the rough terrain of plastic seating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the Eastern side eateries and bars were shutting shop real early too. As did the James Squire bar damn it.

I also brought my 4 year old. However I unfortunately spent most of the game playing with an Iron Man action figure in an epic battle against Ultron located in the rough terrain of plastic seating.

Ha! who won the battle?

My preference would be to have a mix of night and afternoon games. This year's programming has too many night games. This makes life difficult for those who work and travel. What any of us want no longer matters as the Club will always opt for night games as these draw crowds and attract the corporate dollars.

I suspect preference for night slots is more popular with Gen X and Gen Y supporters many of who have afternoon commitments and I can understand that but the Club has to be mindful of catering for all age groups. The Club is clearly targeting the younger age groups and I am fine with that but they need to be mindful not to alienate older supporters. That noisy crap in the white marquee is unnecessary as the only person having a good time by it appears to be the guy presenting it who is in his own world. If they went back to a large screen playing highlights of the previous week's game it would be much cheaper and probably better received. I would suggest this to the Club but I am not sure they are the ones who have the contract with Tennis SA and I am also not sure anyone would take much notice.

Next time I will take earplugs, must remember the stubby holder as well, those plastic cups do not insulate that well and the digits get cold, then again I could stop complaining and drink faster. ;)

If we could make Saturday Twilight "our own" I'd personally be very happy.
If our crowds could justify it and it was locked in regularly for our home games I'd take it.
Actually I'd take ANY timeslot as a regular one to make planning to get to the game easier, I hate the changing around for TV, but realise it is necessary.

I *en hate 12.40 games. Hated the 1.10 games when I lived in Sydney and had half an hour extra and winters were warmer there than here. Any game before 1.40 either Saturday or Sunday is rubbish IMHO. The B grade plays before 1.40.

Saturday twilight is an excellent timeslot IMO, but Sunday twilight after April isnt. We dont want to lock ourselves into say 6 Sunday twilight games. It draws out the weekend for fans and stuffs up the players as they dont really get the weekend off. Saturday twilights allows the players to switch off on Sunday and go in on Monday relatively fresh compared to after playing on Sunday twilight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back