Live Event 2015 AFL Draft megathread (24th & 27th of November)

Remove this Banner Ad

Without meaning to bring the mood down, Collins will have to do a lot of work to bring his running capacity up the standard required for such a big unit at AFL level. Like Boyd, he'll take time - but it'll be bloody worth the wait.

Bookends, I cant remember the last time we had two young bookends like this.... Perhaps in the Beasley/Kennedy days....
Interestingly, Collins smashed the beep iirc

Without meaning to bring the mood down, Collins will have to do a lot of work to bring his running capacity up the standard required for such a big unit at AFL level. Like Boyd, he'll take time - but it'll be bloody worth the wait.

Bookends, I cant remember the last time we had two young bookends like this.... Perhaps in the Beasley/Kennedy days....

He ran a level 14 beep test so he's fine for endurance. He will have to work on his speed a bit though.

Didn't he run a 14 plus beep? Agree he'll take time but like Boyd I think it's his athleticism that will hold him back if anything. Kids still only 17 so wtf knows lets be honest. He gets his chance!
Bye Talia - don't let the door hit you etc etc :)

Just got in from a night out.

Is it possible to say how pleased I am without raving????

Faarrrk no!!!!!

Kudos to Dal and JMac. The trade down worked brilliantly.

A ready made KPD as fill for Talia in Adams. A gorilla beast KPD in the making in Collins. A very safe pick in Dunkley. Farrrking A!

My question on Dal having the balls to take a risk with a tall is gone. Whether it works well who knows and that is the only question left for me with Dal.

But if you don't buy a tall ticket you can't win the raffle.

So yeah. I've raved a bit. But with good faaarrking reason!!!

I was just about ready to blow my lid when we picked Dunkley first. But once Adams and Collins were under our belts I was a lot happier.

Once we have KPD locked down, I think we can afford to address a few other areas, and I do agree that you can't get too many big-bodied marking midfielders.

I still would have preferred Bonner than Dunkley. But I do agree that Dunkley is at least a safe pick. And he is potentially a gun. The fact that Dal seems to have decided on him very early is a good sign. If only a team earlier than us had bid Keays we could have gotten Skinner too! But I'm happy to see what Bailey Williams has to offer.

Overall, I'm just happy to be addressing our KPD issues. With any luck we might be able to continue our progress this year.

By the way, I know it has been mentioned plenty.... but JMac and Dal deserve serious kudos for trading Pick 11. That is the move of the draft. Obviously there are a lot of teams that have ended up in better positions than us because they started holding much better cards.

But no-one has maximised their position like we have. We essentially got Dunkley for free. No-one else has pulled something like that off.

And I don't mind saying that I had huge doubts. Many people did. That is what makes the move so gutsy. It's easy to do what anyone would have done. But this was not such an instance. It was brave, and it turned out to be canny too. Well done, guys.

We just took one step closer to the summit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, I know it has been mentioned plenty.... but JMac and Dal deserve serious kudos for trading Pick 11. That is the move of the draft. Obviously there are a lot of teams that have ended up in better positions than us because they started holding much better cards.

But no-one has maximised their position like we have. We essentially got Dunkley for free. No-one else has pulled something like that off.

We just took one step closer to the summit.
Carlton got Curnow also from that, suppose both teams hierarchies will be pleased

This was a fun thread to read through not seeing it live..

Oh and I see why Morganashlee calls you Melt you pups now ;)
Don't tag me minnow :mad::p

I was really excited, then got angry when we took Dunkley, then was pretty happy afterwards when we got the 2 big guys

Also head over to the Camries board for a snoop, that Doedee kids thread is already at 31 pages :D I'd bet there's more melts in there than in here :cool:

Don't tag me minnow :mad::p

I was really excited, then got angry when we took Dunkley, then was pretty happy afterwards when we got the 2 big guys

Also head over to the Camries board for a snoop, that Doedee kids thread is already at 31 pages :D I'd bet there's more melts in there than in here :cool:

Yeah I wondered with all that up and down emotion, if you had needed a little rest to compose yourself :p

Funny thing was, Essendon supposedly called up JMac to say they were taking Marcus at 25 (pre-academy picks).

Wonder if they were only pressuring us to take him earlier, to keep our hands off another player? Anyway, couldn't be more stoked with the draft. Marcus is over the moon to be a Dog, we were his club of choice and he told us that.

Thanks for all your wishes also!

Yeah I wondered with all that up and down emotion, if you had needed a little rest to compose yourself :p
This draft is crucial for us imo, we are capable of finals footy now but still had plenty of holes on the list, getting a couple of big blokes to come in and hopefully contribute quickly is vital for our progression imo.

After we picked Dunkley I thought s**t, here we go again more midfielders/smalls, but to be fair to Dal he took 2 big blokes with picks he had never used that high before (26 and 35, highest was 39 on Talia in his 6 years previous).

I probably was a bit overexcited, but ey **** it, we might have found a couple of guys who can finally help us win preliminary finals ;)

Funny thing was, Essendon supposedly called up JMac to say they were taking Marcus at 25 (pre-academy picks).

Wonder if they were only pressuring us to take him earlier, to keep our hands off another player? Anyway, couldn't be more stoked with the draft. Marcus is over the moon to be a Dog, we were his club of choice and he told us that.

Thanks for all your wishes also!
We were linked to Redman apparently, but Essendon took him instead

Dunno, could've been something like we let you take Adams if you let us take Redman and Brown instead?

Happy for him to be at the club, hope he makes it and can be a force for us, nice body size already. Always nice to have a family member play for the club you support :) it's a generational thing for my family

Remove this Banner Ad

Back