List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, we could have had the pick of 7 different players between 12 & 19... Could have got Gresham for example

Same for Richmond, highly doubt Rioli would have got past Hawthorns 2 picks and if that was the player they were targeting then they've done well but I reckon they would have been looking at Milera/Oliver a month ago which they would have needed the pick 12 to get anyway

LOL Whilst i do enjoy a good banter and love giving it to you guys as well as all my Carlton mates , I really do want Cartoon to be up and about as i enjoy the rivalry and the big games and big crowds.

A Good Carlton,Richmond,Essendon,Collingwood are good for the game and our clubs finances
Best of luck guys and enjoy the kids next year

Rnd 1 Richmond by 86 points :p
At least you now know it was KB who hacked you.

Im a massive fan of Levi, but i struggle to find realistic options i think the blues will consider offloading to get a second round pick or package with a second to grab an extra first round. I see Levi and Everitt as two options and the other is Murphy and Gibbs which i think are highly unlikely, if Kruz has another stinker season with injury maybe he could go.
Not sure Levi would demand a first Rd pick anyway and if we have to couple him with another decent player such as Everitt still not sure that would get an early first rd pick definitely don't think its worth it giving up 2 players like that for a latish first rounder .
2 for 1 and no guarantee that player is a gun not worth the risk for mine ?

Um Levi is 25 years old, are you saying Mckay will ruck 25% of game time in 6 years?
retire/delist, I'm not sure he'd last 6 years.

I love the big guy when he takes a pack crashing mark and puts aside his yips to kick a goal but under a new coach he needs to consolidate and kick 30-40 goals a season. Restructuring with a 4 man bench and 2 rucks in Phillips and Kreuzer (plus Gorringe) may see Levi in and out of the team if he doesn't kick some big bags early under Bolton, although losing Watson and Hendersook does improve his chances.

don't mean no offence though, he's actually one of my favourites.

Not sure Levi would demand a first Rd pick anyway and if we have to couple him with another decent player such as Everitt still not sure that would get an early first rd pick definitely don't think its worth it giving up 2 players like that for a latish first rounder .

What we could do though is package up someone like a Levi, with an early second round pick, say 21, for a pick in the range of 12 to 15

Im also very happy to have a RIOLI at the club and Daniel looks like he will be a'Delicous & Special" Player :p

Will be interesting to see you with an X factor forward in Rioli which should ultimately create some extra freedom for Dusty Martin to be even more damaging.

You are right, but that is not what you said to which I responded. Do you really need me to quote your last line again, in which there is NO mention of FA?

Which one? This one?

Carlton wanted to retain Kreuzer unless they were blown out of the water with a silly contract offer.

This pertains directly to the fact that Carlton would have retained Kreuzer unless HE, not the club, was offered something exorbitant. In which case he would have departed as a restricted free agent and the club would have been compensated with band one compensation from the AFL and not the club signing Kreuzer. There would have been no trade involved.

Suns offered pick 9 i think for Everitt and 20 so it happens. Levi is not worth a first rnd pick, i meant say pick 20+Levi for say pick 10, just an example

Suns offered pick 9 i think for Everitt and 20 so it happens. Levi is not worth a first rnd pick, i meant say pick 20+Levi for say pick 10, just an example

I am all for keeping Levis and Bells type around the club and if the occasion arise then if we must cut tie then do but not plan to ditch your best forward a year a head.....He may not win us a premiership but he will help getting us there.

Levi is not the only forward who suffered and under performed and frustrated with MM slow boundary style...

Why not wait to see how Levi will perform under new Bolton's quick ball movement structure instead of looking for a way to ditch him and p20 for some unknown forward who could turn out like Tom Boyd or J Patton.

Last edited:
Im a massive fan of Levi, but i struggle to find realistic options i think the blues will consider offloading to get a second round pick or package with a second to grab an extra first round. I see Levi and Everitt as two options and the other is Murphy and Gibbs which i think are highly unlikely, if Kruz has another stinker season with injury maybe he could go.
I'm hoping both Levi & Everitt kick 40+ goals each this next year and the young fellas pitch in with a few and we don't need to offload just keep developing these guys we now have and Happy Days ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am all for keeping Levis and Bells type around the club and if the occasion arise then if we must cut tie then do but not plan to ditch your best forward a year a head.....He may not win us a premiership but he will help getting us there.

Levi is not the only forward who suffered and under performed and frustrated with MM slow boundary style...

Why not wait to see how Levi will perform under new Bolton's quick ball movement structure instead of looking for a way to ditch him and p20 for some unknown forward who could turn out like Tom Boyd or J Patton.
Thank you ! Finally !!!
Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree any less.

His place in the team is now under heavy scrutiny due to the recruitment of Gorringe & Phillips (they cover his ruck work) and young McKay (a key forward with some kicking skills).

Bolton will come up with a game-plan that puts the talents levels of the existing players at the clubs to best use, a decent coach would do the same. But having a game-plan that extracts the best out of the players doesn't automatically mean players with substandard skills will be saved either.

New Sydney recruit's Facebook likes:

4yJnsKW.png

An astute judge of character???

May I say....As schlocky as it all is....the texts from Jacob Weitering, the phone calls from Jack and the romanticism the club is pumping up with the father son acquisition is far and away our clubs best marketing performance Ive ever seen. Theyre being as realistic as possible in the media, whilst offering hope to the faithful. The message is "stick with us through the tough times and we'll reward you in a few years time". I really hope its latching on and working. Hats off to all those involved.

The Adelaide 'Welcome Tom Doedee' thread is hysterical..............as is Richmond with Rioli and Dogs with Dunkley.

* Tom Doedee thread is 34 pages long already.

Richmond posters are ambivilent about Rioli

May I say....As schlocky as it all is....the texts from Jacob Weitering, the phone calls from Jack and the romanticism the club is pumping up with the father son acquisition is far and away our clubs best marketing performance Ive ever seen. Theyre being as realistic as possible in the media, whilst offering hope to the faithful. The message is "stick with us through the tough times and we'll reward you in a few years time". I really hope its latching on and working. Hats off to all those involved.

Spot on.

The most important part of it all is that it is very honest marketing. I don't feel like I'm being spoken to by a snake oil salesman. That in itself is a huge part of it for me.

Phone call from Jack ?

Phone call from Jack ?

Jack Silvagni recorded a message to encourage those of us who hadn't yet re-signed up as members for 2016 to do so. As soon as you said hello the message played and you could then connect to the membership team. I hung up and did mine online knowing how busy they were.

Those that already had signed up got texts from Jacob Weitering almost immediately following his selection.

Jack Silvagni recorded a message to encourage those of us who hadn't yet re-signed up as members for 2016 to do so. As soon as you said hello the message played and you could then connect to the membership team. I hung up and did mine online knowing how busy they were.

Those that already had signed up got texts from Jacob Weitering almost immediately following his selection.

Thanks Wick, yeh I got the text from JW , thought it was a good touch, loved it

strange. I got a call from White saying he'd punch me in the face...

jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back