List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You think a "text" was really from him ??
Of course. And so was that letter I got back from Santa.

It's a nice touch - a way of reaching out to members. I don't think anyone thinks JW actually sat there and sent out the text messages from the database minutes after being drafted.

Listening to SEN this afternoon, Bret Anderson said that SOS was keen on Sier, and was going to select him, but Collingwood pipped us. Bugger!!!:mad:

We can only use the picks we have. We were probably hoping he would get to the rookie draft but may have taken him after Jack, thus the lengthy debate about whether to take someone else.

Really happy with the Draft. Although can't help thinking we should of selected Collins with our 4th pick. Could of set up our defence for the next 12 years. Hopefully this isn't a Lucas type pick when Talia was available.

Of course. And so was that letter I got back from Santa.

It's a nice touch - a way of reaching out to members. I don't think anyone thinks JW actually sat there and sent out the text messages from the database minutes after being drafted.

It would been a stroke of genius has they got the recorded message from him as well as Jack Silvagni.

Really happy with the Draft. Although can't help thinking we should of selected Collins with our 4th pick. Could of set up our defence for the next 12 years. Hopefully this isn't a Lucas type pick when Talia was available.

Totally agree but, have to trust the people in the job who have a way better grasp on it that us.

Totally agree but, have to trust the people in the job who have a way better grasp on it that us.
I think you will find that Collins competes well one one but lacks the speed and agility to turn whilst tailing the likes of Cameron, McCarthy, Riewoldts, Franklin, Schulz, Waite, Walker and the like. More suited to the Gorrilaz in Hawkins, Cloke etc.

agree to an extent but I feel we needed some outside run so was happy we got a mid with our 4th pick

been said before - but, sos woukd know a little bit about what makes a good defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was keen on Collins initially bit after seeing him in a bit again I notice he can be very indecisive. Not the most reliable kick either. add his obious lack og agility anf recovery speed and we may have dodged a bullet.

reality check: Collins not rated as one of the top 25 kids in the country as his dominance of the U18 competition may have suggested.

In Carlton's case, we took 4 kids 190+cm on draft night to go with Gorringe, Phillips, Plowman and Korcheck, so the priority was to get someone to add to our midfield in Cuningham.

Thought we needed someone like Collins but we might take wa tall defender Jesse glass mccasker 196cm 95kg on Friday who knows

I'm hoping both Levi & Everitt kick 40+ goals each this next year and the young fellas pitch in with a few and we don't need to offload just keep developing these guys we now have and Happy Days ;)

It would be nice, but the Carlton football club acquired 4 top 20 selections by being aggressive by trading people they didnt see fitting the mould, one good draft (thats yet to be proven) isn't enough to rebuild a club, i think we will need to get more top picks next year, how is the question, only time will see.

It would be nice, but the Carlton football club acquired 4 top 20 selections by being aggressive by trading people they didnt see fitting the mould, one good draft (thats yet to be proven) isn't enough to rebuild a club, i think we will need to get more top picks next year, how is the question, only time will see.

Im hoping that changes in the coaching and a cohesive development program for once will help solve these issues.

I am all for keeping Levis and Bells type around the club and if the occasion arise then if we must cut tie then do but not plan to ditch your best forward a year a head.....He may not win us a premiership but he will help getting us there.

Levi is not the only forward who suffered and under performed and frustrated with MM slow boundary style...

Why not wait to see how Levi will perform under new Bolton's quick ball movement structure instead of looking for a way to ditch him and p20 for some unknown forward who could turn out like Tom Boyd or J Patton.

We have had one draft with 4 top 20 picks who may not make the grade, this on it's own is not enough to rebuild a club capable of challenging in finals. Casboult and Everitt will have a chance to prove themselves but come next year the Blues will be in the same position, realising we need more top end talent and knowing to get it you have to give up something. Whether thats Cas or Everitt who know's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back