List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Carlisle is worth double of Henderson? LOL

Not to mention Lach is only being traded because he can get us a first - anything less and he's not on the table.

Carlisle has the capabilities to be a top 5 KPD in the competition whilst still giving you the opportunity to draft Shache/Weiteribg further strengthening your KPP stocks.

It was just a thought and something that seems like a very real possibility.

Obviously you get questionable posters who warrant such trades but the pro's and cons are quite close in a Henderons out/Carlisle in swap IMHO

Carlisle has the capabilities to be a top 5 KPD in the competition whilst still giving you the opportunity to draft Shache/Weiteribg further strengthening your KPP stocks.

It was just a thought and something that seems like a very real possibility.

Obviously you get questionable posters who warrant such trades but the pro's and cons are quite close in a Henderons out/Carlisle in swap IMHO
But you suggested we need two second round picks when clearly 1 PSD selection should get the Carlisle trade done (and it will not involve *FC)

At Francis's height, is he likely to end up more like a Brendon Goddard utility than KPP?
I am thinking more of a Jack Darling type of player... except in defence rather than attack.

Strong suggestion that should Carlton lose Henderson (to Geelong for 2nd round pick) then we should seriously entertain the idea of Carlton's two second rounders for Carlisle).

Would allow you guys to keep that coveted early pick whilst we gain those selections inside the top 30 we should aim for.
Nope... your lot can eat the peanuts out of our s**t!

The AFL should ban you from the draft this year and make you play next year with topup players.

But you suggested we need two second round picks when clearly 1 PSD selection should get the Carlisle trade done (and it will not involve *FC)

As I first suggested, it would be adequate compensation for a player on the brink of something special.

Not only is he a mature, established KPP but one we still would like adequate compensation for.

Nope... your lot can eat the peanuts out of our s**t!

The AFL should ban you from the draft this year and make you play next year with topup players.

And this is where ill show myself out.

Hoping I could have a mature conversation however this escalated quickly.

As I first suggested, it would be adequate compensation for a player on the brink of something special.

Not only is he a mature, established KPP but one we still would like adequate compensation for.

You come in here saying that we have to give up 2 second round picks for a guy who might end up being in the stands until the end of 2017 and expect people to be nice and polite about it.

You guys are notoriously difficult to deal with at the trade table and you expect everyone to bend over and kiss your arses like it's a privilege.

If you get anything from Carlisle at the trade table, it might be a third round pick at best.

I'll cop that. We've done ourselves no favours in recent years.

In fact some posters would like to see a change in our list/drafting manager role that Adrian Dodoro has held for some 16 years.

I'd like to see you keep him. Coney and Gwilt calls were superb. Mind you his record is on par with our dismal past.

You come in here saying that we have to give up 2 second round picks for a guy who might end up being in the stands until the end of 2017 and expect people to be nice and polite about it.

You guys are notoriously difficult to deal with at the trade table and you expect everyone to bend over and kiss your arses like it's a privilege.

If you get anything from Carlisle at the trade table, it might be a third round pick at best.

Saved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering, Hendo (if he stays), KJ, Giles (looks a beast), SOSOS, Rowe, Jamo. Trading Carlisle for a high pick (overs) is not a priority.
Jammo - Will be Gone (body is shot), Hendo - Will be Gone (to another club - but if he stays, would much prefer him at CHB), Rowe will probably have one more year in the backline, after that most probably gone (would love to see him tired up forward again though).

Yeah. Fair call, we are using our third round pick for Rice, so it is pretty unlikely it will go to *FC.
Damn I forgot about Rice... kept thinking that we would be using our second round pick on him.

Unfortunately this isn't the place for that it seems.

FWIW, two second rounders for Jake is far from the worst suggestion I've heard. If it wasn't for ASADA he'd be worth more. If you knew that the worst possible suspension was 12 months, I'd do that and think we'd done ok.

The difficulty is that two years keeps getting bandied around and that alters things somewhat.

If you are talking about me, then you are clearly deluded... been drinking a bit too much of the Hird cool-aid lately?

No think he was talking abot Dodoro.. Atleast we usually get our first round pick faily spot on (Livingstone excluded), but Dodoro has some 1st picks like James Davies, kepler Bradley, Scott Gumbleton, Angus Monfries who is okay at Port but was so poor at EFC they basically gave him away

NEED - KPD & Project Ruck!
The big American lands at Carlton

American basketballer Matt Korcheck has arrived at Ikon Park and at 6’ 10” (206cm) he’s hard to miss!

After landing in Melbourne last Monday the big-man will spend three weeks at the Carlton Football Club and learn everything from kicking to handballing to the rules of the game.

Ask and you shall receive......Still has to be accepted by both parties though.

NEED - KPD & Project Ruck!

The big American lands at Carlton

Ask and you shall receive......Still has to be accepted by both parties though.

Still have to get a "kid", embrace the draft. The "yank" is a good move, but still mature aged.
Does not impact on available list spots, other than half his salary off the cap.
Korcheck and a kid can develop together learning the finer points of the game with a partner.

Holmes, Cox, Lucey and co. have all shown a bit at lower level, but to date Pyke and previously Stynes
are the only "success stories" from non traditional background.

4-5 young rucks in the draft who may be worth a spot, as well as some ruck sized KPP who may develop differently.
Surely a late pick or at least a rookie spot can be found for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back