List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swap Francis for Weitering and you've got a deal!

IF Silvagni falls to our last pick, leaves room to take a 4th rounder too.
Had a pretty good segment on SEN yesterday with Harf and they discussed who Carlton could take with their 1st round pick and the guys through up Francis' name as a great prospect for Carlton. But I guess anyone would sound good at the moment as we have so many holes to fill in the team.

But wouldn't mind Francis, by the sounds of it he can pretty much play anywhere. Is a good size and a competitive beast.

I refuse to make a decision on Francis until I see a 90 second highlights package that has been chopped up over 20 games, so that I can then profess to knowing him in depth and use that as the basis of my arguments with more knowledgeable draft followers.

I refuse to make a decision on Francis until I see a 90 second highlights package that has been chopped up over 20 games, so that I can then profess to knowing him in depth and use that as the basis of my arguments with more knowledgeable draft followers.

See that's why I respect your opinion, you are a true fount of pseudo knowledge when it comes to drafting, c4.

I only read the occasional phantom draft and cal twomey article. But it's the endless minutes of research you put into these draft research that astounds me!

Yes but I hear Charlie Curnow has a 95 second highlight package which makes him 5 secs better than Francis.

... so what do you do ?????

Also need combine results to be able to complete a full desktop review of his potential.

I wish it was the draft already...this season is the worst in (my) living memory...good riddance, I say

He is definitely at home down back and up front but because of his frame and CLEAN hands, he is a natural for the midfield, remember Jobe Watson played at FF in the Vic side, Pav was a CHF, Fyfe was a leading forward, all of them became natural mids all because of clean hands and size...

Totally disagree. He may make it as a mid, he may not, but he isn't a natural mid. It's something that he's going to have to learn if he/the club that drafts him wants him to become.
His natural position to me is floating 3rd tall in defence, with the ability to play a similar role up forward albeit to a slightly lesser extent.

McGovern is the best comparison I can think of in the afl, and I think it's a pretty accurate one too. The question is do you give up pick 3 for a McGovern type player?

I've seen jack watts play a few times and he really is a class above the rest. Also a late bday. He will be the best player in the draft in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember that Brisbane may get afforded a Priority (or Band 1 in disguise for Leuenberger) Don't like the sound of the language coming from up North.
If Brisbane get both a PP and Band 1 (top 3 picks) plus snare Dixon from GC they will play finals next year (before the Suns). AFL will then really have some explaining to do about how they managed Gold Coast so badly.

If Brisbane get both a PP and Band 1 (top 3 picks) plus snare Dixon from GC they will play finals next year (before the Suns). AFL will then really have some explaining to do about how they managed Gold Coast so badly.

They won't get both the Leuenberger compo pick may just get a little bump up the order......................it shouldn't but it wouldn't be the first time.

I see Francis as just an upgrade on Simon White. Not big enough to hold a key forward, doesn't produce enough to be a key forward and not a natural midfield. If we have 3 I'd be spewing if we took him would rather bid on Mills and end up taking Parish.

The big American lands at Carlton

Ask and you shall receive......Still has to be accepted by both parties though.
Not sure about an international projects (Irish exception here) as they take a while to learn the trade and although they may be athletic, they don't have the natural footy brain. A home grown project is more what I was hoping for. Put it this way, would you rather go into the finals with Mike Pyke of Todd Goldstein?

I see Francis as just an upgrade on Simon White. Not big enough to hold a key forward, doesn't produce enough to be a key forward and not a natural midfield. If we have 3 I'd be spewing if we took him would rather bid on Mills and end up taking Parish.

Parish is a very good player, Francis is a matchwinner, to compare him to White is quite frankly ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back