Preview 2015 AFL Fixture (Early Look)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will always remember that game. Was in hospital as wifey was having our first baby. Wife was screaming trying to push the kid out, I was screaming at the TV.
I was at my grandmothers. It was the first and last football game I have ever watched in front if her. There are two games that stick I'm my head as lucky we won, felt like we lost. That is one of them, the other is the Richmond game in 2008 when jack riewoldt missed one after the siren from around sixty-five metres out.

My anzac day structure....

Saint Kilda vs Carlton (WS) 1:10 (FF) (11am back into Melbourne)
Essendon vs Collingwood (MCG) 2:45 (7)
GWS.Giants vs Gold Coast Suns (MO) 4:45 (FF)
Fremantle vs Geelong Cats (PS) 5:45 (7)
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Crows (AO) 7:15 (FF) (ANZAC showdown)

GWS.Giants vs Gold Coast Suns (MO) 4:45 (FF)
Fremantle are playing away in round 4 unless there is a derby.

Fremantle are playing away in round 4 unless there is a derby.

There will be.

Every year Fremantle host an Anzac day/night/weekend game (Len Hall game) to commemorate WW1.

I think there'll be a derby Round 3.

Unless you have heard anything different to that? Surely you didn't request an anzac game?

Also isn't it amazing how all these "leaks" happen the week of the Melbourne Derby. Remarkable coincidence.

The fixture is Always released in late October and there's always leaks in the week leading up.

The derby sold out anyway, there's no conspiracy here.

Wonder if the Saints will still host Monday Night Football then?

Has always been against Carlton but might go to Melbourne or Footscray to try and manufacture a 'blockbuster'

Surely St Kilda is gone from Monday nights after last year's dismal failure. TBH, I'd be happy if we never saw another Monday night fixture again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS.Giants vs Gold Coast Suns (MO) 5:15 (FF)

Move the Perth game to 7:45 local time and you can have a Quintuple Header.
Divorce lawyers will come to work on Monday morning with plenty of voice mail messages requesting appointments for the week.

Surely St Kilda is gone from Monday nights after last year's dismal failure. TBH, I'd be happy if we never saw another Monday night fixture again.
Outside there being a public holiday the next day, I;d like it kept to Friday night to Sunday afternoon (not twilight) and that's it.If there has to be an extra night Monday makes sense from a logistical point of view. Teams playing Thursday night have to play the following Thursday or Friday night, or gain a big advantage in the break. There are multiple Sunday games that teams playing off a Monday night can play in with only one day difference in breaks (6 compared to 7).

St. Kilda fans have their wish to play a Melbourne team in NZ on ANZAC day

Myself included, there are already a number of Carlton supporters booking flights and accom for Wellington next year.
Could get a half decent crowd over there finally.

According to Geelong Addy this morning - Cats fixture contains:

- 8 games at Simonds Stadium
- 2 MCG home games vs Hawthorn and Collingwood and 1 ES home game vs Carlton
- Only 5 interstate trips (another article in the AGE mentions GWS at Manuka is one of them)
- Will play Adelaide, Collingwood, Hawthorn, North Melbourne and Sydney twice

How is that any different to most rounds over the past few years? Most Saturdays have had 5 games - one starting at 1.40pm, 2.10pm, 4.40pm and then two at 7.40pm. One game Friday night and three on Sunday (1.10pm, 3.20pm and 4.40pm). All times EST.

That was the point I was implying when I replied to the post I was qouting.

- Only 5 interstate trips (another article in the AGE mentions GWS at Manuka is one of them)

Very tough double ups for the cats

Of course, now they are on the slide and we want them twice we won't get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back