Preview 2015 AFL Fixture (Early Look)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we play Freo in Perth round 1 I will murder somebody. Also it's Brisbane's turn to host round 1, West Coast the same IIRC

lol. Then have a go at a round 1. See how you go with it. Possibly include Essendon vs Freo in Melbourne :p

Just tryng to get a possible set of double-up games is hard enough by hand.
After a little bit of playing around, I came up with the following possibility. (edit: As I was typing this out I realised it would need some tweaking)

By ladder order:
Sydney : Hawthorn, North Melbourne, West Coast, Collingwood, Greater Western Sydney
Hawthorn : Sydney, Geelong, Essendon, Gold Coast, Carlton (a pretty tough batch as it turns out - but they should be used to that by now)
Geelong : Hawthorn, Fremantle, Adelaide, Collingwood, Melbourne
Fremantle : Geelong, Port Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast, Brisbane (both Geelong and Freo get a decent mix)
Port Adelaide : Fremantle, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda
North Melbourne : Sydney, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney (until I saw it like that I didn't realise how financially harsh it would be, that's a disaster of a draw)
Essendon : Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne
Richmond : Fremantle, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Western Bulldogs
West Coast : Sydney, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Brisbane, St Kilda (too many top teams for their position, but the bottom end ones are relatively easy)
Adelaide : Geelong, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, St Kilda
Collingwood : Sydney, Geelong, Essendon, Richmond, Carlton
Gold Coast : Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne (tough, but if improvement continues not necessarily season-breaking)
Carlton : Hawthorn, Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs : Port Adelaide, Richmond, Carlton, Brisbane, St Kilda (I reckon Dogs fans would take that)
Brisbane : Fremantle, West Coast, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney : Sydney, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne
Melbourne : Geelong, Essendon, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, St Kilda
St Kilda : Port Adelaide, West Coast, Adelaide, Westen Bulldogs, Melbourne

The "blockbusters" involving Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond really make it difficult to get a fair fixture. So many of the double up games are pre-ordained it throws the whole thng out to work them in. Especially when three ended up in the 7th-12th group.

Looks good though probably down the lower end of the ladder it is a little harsh. Just a little concerned about that though everything else looks quite good. A few things (positions for/of double ups) are
disproportionate. Though it is mostly good and suitable.

lol. Then have a go at a round 1. See how you go with it. Possibly include Essendon vs Freo in Melbourne :p
I'll post it when I get home from Uni, it's on my PC not laptop

Look forward to seeing it!
Here you go:

Round 1 (Easter round)

Thursday 2nd April

Carlton vs Richmond, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 7:45 PM, 7

Saturday 4th April

Sydney vs Greater Western Sydney, Sydney Cricket Ground, 1:45 PM, Fox
Adelaide vs North Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, 4:45 PM, Fox
Brisbane vs Collingwood, ‘Gabba, 7:45 PM, 7
Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, 7:45 PM, Fox

Sunday 5th April

Western Bulldogs vs St. Kilda, Docklands, 1:15 PM, Fox
Melbourne vs West Coast, MCG, 3:15 PM, 7
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide, Subiaco, 4:45 PM, Fox

Monday 6th April

Hawthorn vs Geelong, MCG, 2:45 PM, 7

Here you go:

Round 1 (Easter round)

Thursday 2nd April

Carlton vs Richmond, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 7:45 PM, 7

Saturday 4th April

Sydney vs Greater Western Sydney, Sydney Cricket Ground, 1:45 PM, Fox
Adelaide vs North Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, 4:45 PM, Fox
Brisbane vs Collingwood, ‘Gabba, 7:45 PM, 7
Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, 7:45 PM, Fox

Sunday 5th April

Western Bulldogs vs St. Kilda, Docklands, 1:15 PM, Fox
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide, Subiaco, 4:45 PM, Fox

Monday 6th April

Hawthorn vs Geelong, MCG, 2:45 PM, 7

Is all good though Tv rights will not allow two teams from the same state (two interstate) teams to be playing at any one time.

Is all good though Tv rights will not allow two teams from the same state (two interstate) teams to be playing at any one time.
Put Freo vs Port Saturday Night and Brisbane vs Collingwood Sunday then. Forgot about that...

Put Freo vs Port Saturday Night and Brisbane vs Collingwood Sunday then. Forgot about that...

That sounds good to me. Though i still have a feeling we'll be playing you guys in Perth round 1. Or in Perth at some stage!

Looks good though probably down the lower end of the ladder it is a little harsh. Just a little concerned about that though everything else looks quite good. A few things (positions for/of double ups) are
disproportionate. Though it is mostly good and suitable.
Yeah, a I said, a few tweaks would be needed from that. It was only as I was typing out the post that some of the anomalies became apparent. But I think you have to start with the double-up games to do any (hypothetical) fixturing.

Yeah, a I said, a few tweaks would be needed from that. It was only as I was typing out the post that some of the anomalies became apparent. But I think you have to start with the double-up games to do any (hypothetical) fixturing.

Yeah that's right.

There were only a few little things that were wrong with it.

Have another go at it i think it will look really good when done and fully edited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just made it up, hope I'm wrong and we get even more Friday night footy.
I hate having to wait all weekend for the game.

You will get more Friday Night Footy.

Prelim finalists can expect probably at least 3 friday night matches

Given that we have an average losing margin of about 93 in games v West Coast at the MCG in the last two years I really hope this isn't our first round match-up.

That being said it's not like our record is much better against any other teams.

You did pretty well, 5 FNF games this season, as well as the two finals.

Yeah I shouldn't complain I guess.
It's been much better this season since our membership/crowds increased and on-field performances improved.
For quite a few years we only got our annual Friday Night game against Carlton.

Rumor that North might play a fellow Victorian club in Hobart next season, I heard it would be Richmond.
However that doesn't make much sense financially given that game would draw 45-60k in Melbourne.

Yeah I shouldn't complain I guess.
It's been much better this season since our membership/crowds increased and on-field performances improved.
For quite a few years we only got our annual Friday Night game against Carlton.

Rumor that North might play a fellow Victorian club in Hobart next season, I heard it would be Richmond.
However that doesn't make much sense financially given that game would draw 45-60k in Melbourne.

Source?

Likely to be Saint Kilda, Western Bulldogs, or Melbourne.

Given that we have an average losing margin of about 93 in games v West Coast at the MCG in the last two years I really hope this isn't our first round match-up.

That being said it's not like our record is much better against any other teams.

Yeah haha you wouldn't want that. Not sure the AFL would want that anyway. Opening round, prime time game. Probably not ideal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back