Preview 2015 AFL Fixture (Early Look)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just word of mouth, so take it with a grain of salt.
Saints played here this season so maybe the Bulldogs is more likely.

I'd put you down as playing the Demoms down there at some stage. (Bulldogs would get a better crowd at Etihad).

Crows really should get Thursday night opener, there has been some damn good games at AO this year.

You won't.

However you should get a Thursday night game again against a big drawing Melbourne club.

Melbourne supporters don't turn up anywhere. Why would you bother, you know, though there may be a contingent in Tassie.

Haven't met many, a lot of Hawthorn supporters though
My dad is a Melbourne supporter, but a very casual one.
Probably follows North more closely since I'm the footy nut of the family.

I have Adelaide playing Essendon on a Friday Night in Adelaide after round 7. Think it's close to round 10

That'd be really appropriate. That would be Adelaide's prime time (high drawing Melbourne club) game for the year!

Haven't met many, a lot of Hawthorn supporters though
My dad is a Melbourne supporter, but a very casual one.
Probably follows North more closely since I'm the footy nut of the family.

You reckon you'll get a tasmanian derby at Aurora next year?

What do we think the 2015 AFL Fixture will look like, at this early stage.

Post all news, views and rumours and ideas on this thread

I'll start this off with Round 1. (All times local)

Thursday April 2
Richmond vs Carlton (MCG) 7:45 (7)

Saturday April 3
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Suns (MCG) 1:40 (FF)
Port Adelaide vs North Melbourne (AO) 1:10 (FF)
Sydney Swans vs GWS.Giants (SCG) 4:40 (FF)
Fremantle vs Essendon (PS) 4:45 (7)

Sunday April 4
Western Bulldogs vs Saint Kilda (ES) 1:10 (FF)
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows (G) 3:20 (7)
Melbourne vs West Coast Eagles (MCG) 4:40 (FF)

Monday April 5
Geelong Cats vs Hawthorn (MCG) 3:20 (7)

Thoughts?

And the next 22 Rounds.

I stopped reading at: round 1 Richmond vs carlton...you have my vote brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide 2015

2 games vs Hawthorn, Sydney, Fremantle, Geelong, Port Adelaide and North Melbourne

Home games vs Essendon, Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Sydney, Port, North and GWS

Home games. 1 Friday, 2 Sat 1:40, 2 Sat 4:10, 2 Sat 7:10, 1 early Sunday, 2 mid Sunday, 1 late Sunday.

Away Game vs Hawthorn is in Launceston. Away game vs Sydney is at the SCG.

MCG games vs Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne

2 games in Perth, 1 early in the season, 1 in Round 20, 21 or 22.

At least four 3PM Sunday games.

Adelaide 2015

2 games vs Hawthorn, Sydney, Fremantle, Geelong, Port Adelaide and North Melbourne

Home games vs Essendon, Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Sydney, Port, North and GWS

Home games. 1 Friday, 2 Sat 1:40, 2 Sat 4:10, 2 Sat 7:10, 1 early Sunday, 2 mid Sunday, 1 late Sunday.

Okay then

The more I think about it, the more I think the 3rd Sunday game will probably be either a night fixture in Melbourne or a Perth game starting 4:45 local on Fox. That's if they go with 3 Sunday games in Rd 1.

In round 1?

Adelaide 2015

Right well i'll put that in for you then, though i think 3 MCG games is pretty optimistic myself.

Here's what I'd like to see for the Swans:
- A proper home game against Collingwood. Yes I mean our real home ground the SCG not at that MCG-wannabe dump ANZ.
- At least 2 (if not 3) MCG games. I do understand we're due to play a number of Etihad clubs away (Carlton, North & St Kilda) but Collingwood & Hawthorn could make 2, maybe we could make up Carlton's extra MCG home game they're getting next year
- If we have to play in Geelong (or at another regional venue like Aurora or Blundstone), it should not mean any less games in Melbourne
- Host the first Sydney Derby, the away leg later in the season, given Spotless will be unavailable for the first 6-7 weeks due to the Easter show.
- At least 2 Friday night games (at least 1 in Sydney & 1 in Melbourne)
- Have West Coast, Melbourne & Gold Coast come to us for a change & play Fremantle, St Kilda & Brisbane away.
- An away game against the crows would also be interesting, Kurt Tippett facing his old side for the first time would be an interesting spectacle.
- Make at least 1 of our 3 ANZ games a day game. I know many swans fans who don't bother with ANZ games but probably would if it was during the day. A 11:30pm train-ride through Kings Cross on a Saturday night doesn't take their fancy.

Here's what I'd like to see for the Swans:
- A proper home game against Collingwood. Yes I mean our real home ground the SCG not at that MCG-wannabe dump ANZ.
- At least 2 (if not 3) MCG games. I do understand we're due to play a number of Etihad clubs away (Carlton, North & St Kilda) but Collingwood & Hawthorn could make 2, maybe we could make up Carlton's extra MCG home game they're getting next year
- If we have to play in Geelong (or at another regional venue like Aurora or Blundstone), it should not mean any less games in Melbourne
- Host the first Sydney Derby, the away leg later in the season, given Spotless will be unavailable for the first 6-7 weeks due to the Easter show.
- At least 2 Friday night games (at least 1 in Sydney & 1 in Melbourne)
- Have West Coast, Melbourne & Gold Coast come to us for a change & play Fremantle, St Kilda & Brisbane away.
- An away game against the crows would also be interesting, Kurt Tippett facing his old side for the first time would be an interesting spectacle.
- Make at least 1 of our 3 ANZ games a day game. I know many swans fans who don't bother with ANZ games but probably would if it was during the day. A 11:30pm train-ride through Kings Cross on a Saturday night doesn't take their fancy.

Rightio! I'll put (most of those) things in for you when i do the fixture! I think a real home game against Collingwood is very unlikely though. Probably more than 2 Friday Night games. You will no doubt get the 1st Sydney derby. Please please make sure wet toast come to vist you at some stage!!!! Saturday night away against the Crows sound good? Hope so? 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday at ANZ good for you? I'll give you that then!

Probably. Both clubs ask not to play each other in Tas, so it is almost certain to happen again. Maybe one at each venue.

Whilst that would be great for Tassie footy, not sure the AFL are that ambitious (financially) so i'll have you down as one in Tassie one at Etihad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back