2015 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, 2.30pm AEST, 12.30pm WA - Match starts pg 34 #835.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many flags does Ross Lyon have? How many team lists did he create himself? How many finals can you win with scores less than 80pts?

Yep, you are drunk. 2005 or 2013 grand finals ring a bell?

bunchcrapiwgjo.jpg
Only Freo fans think this

Eagles brought a knife to a gun fight.

With a much a harder draw next year and the comp looking at them much more closely, a slide out of the 8 is very much on the cards.

Our draw wasn't easy this year. Played three finalists in our double-up games, and travelled to Queensland twice and Tasmania too.

And besides, if we can't finish top 4 playing Hawthorn, Freo etc twice then we don't deserve it anyway. Any slide will be mainly due to injury and/or the web being figured out.

Eagles brought a knife to a gun fight.

With a much a harder draw next year and the comp looking at them much more closely, a slide out of the 8 is very much on the cards.

Doubt it. Home field advantage should at least see us sneak into the 8. We also have the 11th oldest squad so I don't see much drop off. Duggan and Nelson both look like gems. Also rumoured to pick up Redden and Jetta.

Just won 3 in a row, and 4 straight GFs. Pretty sure we'll be happy to share the wealth.

Would be one less thing for bomber fans to whinge about
I dont think so when hit low again you arrogant carnts would want priority pick straight away dont worry all come out bout hawks soon enough.

Hawthorn way too good today.

Disappointed that we got outpointed by so much. Hopefully the prime seat in seeing how a side needs to execute their skills and systems will help us next year.
hopefully. didn't help Freo though - they're still to learn their lesson. hence they won't win one whilst there's a champion on the throne.

Which one of those did Freo or the Saints win!

Ummm, you said that finals aren't won by sides that don't kick 80 points. Did you check the scores for the 2005 and 2013 grand finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm, you said that finals aren't won by sides that don't kick 80 points. Did you check the scores for the 2005 and 2013 grand finals?
Umm actually NO! I said "How many finals can you win when you score less than 80pts?" You gave me an answer - two in the modern era. Good luck with that - great statistic - hardly a raging success of a game plan to win flags.

Umm actually NO! I said "How many finals can you win when you score less than 80pts?" You gave me an answer - two in the modern era. Good luck with that - great statistic - hardly a raging success of a game plan to win flags.

They were just grand finals. There have been plenty of finals won in the last 10 years with scores less than 80. Heck, just this year there were 3 finals won with 80 points or less. That's 33% of the finals played!!! Reality check time, buddy.

No we are not got advice from injection kings hawthorn

Our boys are party boys not ped cheats - massive difference

Enjoying your hatred though

They were just grand finals. There have been plenty of finals won in the last 10 years with scores less than 80. Heck, just this year there were 3 finals won with 80 points or less. That's 33% of the finals played!!! Reality check time, buddy.
2005 and 2013 losers were both WA sides. Not every team is lucky to play against a squib WA team or a side coached by Ross Lyon.
Fremantle - arguably the best list - no flags- as you say reality check time buddy. Pav and McPharlin gone.. time running out...
Oh and if you can't win a Grand Final playing a particular brand of football but can win a whole 33% of other finals (?!) what's the point.
Freo need to score more to apply scoreboard pressure commensurate with their midfield dominance. Lyons style of play plus his 'role players' on various lines doesn't seem to facilitate this. You need more firepower to win a flag. I was only commenting on why St Kilda supporters are (understandably) bitter about Lyon. I also personally don't think he is a great coach. He may get sides with a good list into finals but his style of gameplan is not conducive to winning a flag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back