\|total:*.5|total:184.5|total:184.5|total:*.5|total:181.5|total:183.5
\Haw 1-39|$2.25|$2.25|$2.20|$2.10|$2.15|$2.20
\Haw 40+|$4.50|$4.40|$5.00|$5.00|$5.00|$5.00
\WCst 1-39|$2.90|$2.95|$2.85|$2.90|$2.75|$2.80
\WCst 40+|$9.50|$9.50|$10.00|$10.00|$13.00|$12.00
\Draw |$34.00|$41.00|$34.00|$51.00|$51.00|$41.00

odds at 12.00 on 27/9/15

Last edited:

Hawks to win it, cant see west coast keeping up with the kicking machine.

West Coast are overs at 2.40.

They smashed North like i expected after quarter time.

Freo were wounded and still pushed the hawks wasnt as convinced about their win as others seem to be.

MCG an advantage to hawks but just not sure how much, however hawks have done plenty of travelling. Eagles beat richmond pretty well at the g earlier in the season

Hi guys, I'm not really much of a punter so I thought that I would ask for some advice on what I should do with the following:

215s3s.jpg

So basically if West Coast get up next week, my $11 should get me $670.48 back correct? What should be my next move be? On Sportsbet. Should I now put $100 on the Hawks to take advantage of that lead at any time bonus thing or...?

Just let it ride. $600+ is obviously a lot of money for you considering the amount you bet. Give yourself something to cheer on the day. If you're desperate for a collect then have $300 on Hawthorn and win a couple of hundred either way but with an $11 outlay you might as well stick fat.

Thanks for the advice. The travel and tickets (if I can even score some that is) are going to cost me a fair bit next week, so I was kind of hoping to find the best way to get a bit back each way if I could. I am also not so confident on the result at all really either to be honest. You're right about the $11 though! Don't know what the hell I was thinking back then when I put those on. Most of my bets are usually $1 multis at most.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like West coast to win it, and then find out that a bunch of punters were on Hawks for the flag, took the early Sportsbet payout and then put it on the Eagles at $10.

I would like West coast to win it, and then find out that a bunch of punters were on Hawks for the flag, took the early Sportsbet payout and then put it on the Eagles at $10.

As I hedged that bet on Betfair I've already been paid out on Hawthorn - so would be happy for Eagles to win to see may lay bet also cash :D

Thanks for the advice. The travel and tickets (if I can even score some that is) are going to cost me a fair bit next week, so I was kind of hoping to find the best way to get a bit back each way if I could. I am also not so confident on the result at all really either to be honest. You're right about the $11 though! Don't know what the hell I was thinking back then when I put those on. Most of my bets are usually $1 multis at most.
Respect for using it as fun instead of high risk punting as I do lol this way youll pretty much never lose and highly likely youll win over the long run even if its not huge wins 95%, now and again you will win huge for a minimal layout (100 - 1 kind of thing) . I've started doing 1$ bets again from yesterday once I drew even again on my account from the west coast win. Pulled my acc back from 60$ back to 250 again with 4 in a row all-ins so pretty happy with that. Was going to walk away if I didnt discipline myself, since I know I'm mainly doing it for fun. The lure of the punt haha

As I hedged that bet on Betfair I've already been paid out on Hawthorn - so would be happy for Eagles to win to see may lay bet also cash :D
Kindly explain what betfair is about for a punter whose currently clueless? Im a bit mystified about the lay and the back meaning and also why you use betfair over the main players?

Kindly explain what betfair is about for a punter whose currently clueless? Im a bit mystified about the lay and the back meaning and also why you use betfair over the main players?

Lay means you are betting on the outcome not happening. It's like being the bookmaker.

So if I LAY Hawthorn to win the flag I get the following payouts (assuming $50 @ $3.00)

Hawthorn wins Flag: -100
Hawthorn doesn't win Flag: +50

I primarily use it to lay off enhanced odd bets. So with the AFL $2.50 fave promo Lux has - you back West Coast at Lux @ $2.50; and lay them at Betfair for $1.25 for the following payouts:

West Coast win: +1.25
West Coast lose: 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back