2015 - AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he was gold! won it lol just came here n no one else has picked him? ( edit: plus one the guy above me haha hi 5!)

Win norm smith rioli
Win hawks
Win hawks -33.5 yea this one put it on at 15 mins in

Now for the nrl final tommorow, bring it!

Thought he was gold! won it lol just came here n no one else has picked him? ( edit: plus one the guy above me haha hi 5!)

Win norm smith rioli
Win hawks
Win hawks -33.5 yea this one put it on at 15 mins in

Now for the nrl final tommorow, bring it!
Can't wait to read about your NRL tips on monday

Anyway early bets
Frawley NS 2.5U @126
Hutchings most tackles group 1U @7 (vs pridd, shuey, rioli, hodge, shiels, cripps)
$50 Hawks SU @2
$20 Hawks SU @2.5
0.5U Hawks/Eagles HT/FT @9.5
0.5U Puopolo 3 goals @8
2.5U I.Smith over Burgoyne fantasy @1.90
$50 FGS Breust, Kennedy, Lecras, Roughy, hale, NICNAT @4
1.5U Masten <88.5 dt @1.87
5U Hale <65.5 dt @1.87

Not a bad day considering $65 worth was free bets.

also thought i was in for 6k for a bit with Frawley for Norm Smith.

+4.905 UNITS

+8.155 UNITS (excl loss of bonus bets)

Norm Smith voting:
1st Rioli 13votes
2nd Mitchell 9votes
3rd Frawley 4votes
If i'm correct i believe Crown's Norm Smith offer were giving a bonus bet if your '1st Norm Smith' pick came 2nd or 3rd, so waiting for a bonus bet for Mitchell's 2nd to be given out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this game is a tough one to pick with both teams pretty evenly matched all across the park, Clarko has made it a lot difficult with not giving much away in any of his pressers, if only he would say "we are going for the 3peat" then that would make capping this game so much easier, instead we have to dig deeper.

Clarko is pissed he didn't win coach of the year so he is going to show Simmo who the master is and why he is his apprentice. He left Schoey in the team because this is will be a driving factor for him and the team, the team want him to experience premiership glory. Expect Schoey to have a decent 12 possessions 6 marks 2 goals game, expect the schoey effect to be very similar to the spangher effect. Priddis is too clean shaven and too sociable, expect Roughy to give him the roughbottom. Silk Burgoyne will also bring his surgical scissors and cut up wellingham and Schofields man buns off, expect priddis's new tinted locks to get a snip as well. This isn't domain stadium and the eagles won't be comfortable, they will be playing at the MCG infront of 100,000, not many eagles have ever done this before, it's all new to them, huge task for them to win their first premiership in the first try against the greatest team of the AFL Era. Yes Hawthorn have regressed from last year but they have proven in statement games they come to play, they are still the best team and the team to beat. The dimensions of the MCG suit hawthorns game plan more then the Eagles, the weagles web will need to be more wider and I don't think spidergov will be able to cast it. If you noticed the celebrations of both teams last week post game, eagles were much more jubilant, they have shot there load like Peter North shooting ropes after a cycle of zinc loading and like all year they have defied expectation, they are playing with house money and what ever happens Saturday (losing) it will still be a great success, Hawthorn much like Lexington Steele had a quick nut and now they are onto the next shoot, business as usual. Lebron said that teams need that fire to burn, throughout history we've seen it... Eagles lost in 91, won in 92, eagles lost in 2005, won in 2006, hawks lost in 2012, won in 2013, 2014, eagles will lose in 2015 I think they'll be favourites to win next year. Expect a huge game from chip frawley, he said this is why he left Melbourne. The hawks will be more composed, more accurate which is huge in grand finals, eagles kicked 10.20 last week, hawks 15.4, kicking for goal doesn't become easier in the grand final. Cyril will show everyone why he was in the AA team, Young Bradley Hill will be a triple premiership player by 23, Hodgy to be captain courageous and make amends for drink driving and to take home the norm smith.

1U Hawthorn 1Q -2.5 @ 1.90
2U Hawthorn -8.5 @ 1.92

Best of luck to everyone on all your wagers, hope everyone has a great day, we are blessed to live in such a great country with such a great sport :)

Up 3u minus the juice... Master schools the apprentice

i hate the cyril lovefest like most others but i thought he was the pretty clear winner given what he did in the 1st quarter.

Yes it was entirely forgivable - it was the old toss up between the 4Q player and the player who dominated when the game was on the line and then drifted out of it.

4U Breust > Darling DT @ $2.12
4U Gibson > XEllis DT @ $2.25
both on Luxbet

Gibbo and Ellis odds mixed up? Gibbo looks great value, the over/unders are at 81.5 (Gibbo) & 70.5 (Ellis)
Ellis has cracked 70 in 2/14 games (couple of subs) this season while gibbo has done it 18/25

only thing against Gibbo is that he hasnt been great against WC this year with 53 & 63... but either has Ellis vs Hawks with 49 & 48

Thanks for the tips and nice find! Had a decent amount on the Gibson > Ellis bet which seemed like very good value and also a bit on Bruest for a really solid day.

Sweet so i get a bonus bet for frawley coming 3rd as i placed the bet with crown?

Edit: Is it matched ?

You should get bonus bet equal to stake. Mines not in there yet though

Max $25

Not really, Dermie gave him two and usually bangs about giving votes to players when the game had to be won as much as he does about Cyril. Obviously didn't want to appear biased. Gave the three to Mitchell (which I also had, so I'll get a bonus bet from crownbet), otherwise it would've been a more emphatic win.

I was always going to put money on Rioli this year but just added that other comment to convince people to put money on him.

Just like to say that i'm finding this forum to have some really good posters and have some tailed some of these bets with some great results. There are some great bets out there ie Gibson over Ellis (fantasy points) and Hale under 65.5 points and it helps to have multiple people sifting through all the markets.

One tip I have for grand finals is going through both teams player by player and comparing the talent and experience. Picking players likely to wilt under the GF pressure as well. Usually one team stands out as the likely winner as it did for the Hawks. Started doing this after the massive blowout in the Geel vs Port game years ago where I was wondering how I didn't pick such a massive thrashing.

Anyway just started taking punting seriously recently so looking forward to reading the forums leading into next year.

Ill try get my fantasy bets going again next year. Struggled for time. Only did the first 5 rounds properly and with some solid success again. About +16 units. Then just did the $50 challenge. Got upto 1200 and then missed a bet by seconds so stopped there.

Then did a few in the grandy.

shouldve hit the Mcevoy unders i hitouts in hindsight and certainly the gibson over ellis bet.

However went well with +7.9 Units from fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back