Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that jumper. Don't know why they got rid of that design.
I think they feel it got dated, and we adopted a new logo, which made the design less relevant I guess.

I think they feel it got dated, and we adopted a new logo, which made the design less relevant I guess.

That's too bad. Of all the awful designs to come out of the late 90's/ early 2000's this was definitely not one of them!

My version of an allowable set of prison bars for Port Adealide. In my opinion it's absolutely pathetic that one club and one President in particular can just push aside another clubs history. Colours should not be owned by anyone as that just limits design potential.

2rh4oc6.jpg

Added teal pinstripes. Not really sure how Port fans will take this, I assume most may see it as a bastardized jumper. In fact that's how I see it, but I think it's an absolute shame this jumper isn't seen every weekend. Best design ever IMO.

My version of an allowable set of prison bars for Port Adealide. In my opinion it's absolutely pathetic that one club and one President in particular can just push aside another clubs history. Colours should not be owned by anyone as that just limits design potential.

Added teal pinstripes. Not really sure how Port fans will take this, I assume most may see it as a bastardized jumper. In fact that's how I see it, but I think it's an absolute shame this jumper isn't seen every weekend. Best design ever IMO.
Gotta remember that PA were the black & white stripes club that became part of an established league which already had a black & white stripes club (not establishment date of club but joining date of competition).
If South Adelaide had joined the AFL they wouldn't have been allowed a navy jumper with a white monogram, coz there was already a club with that.
It shouldn't be controlled by Collingwood when PA get to use the PB but some limitations must apply as they joined the competition later. Perhaps maximum once a year, never against Collingwood, and for an event with some historical significance. But not every week, or even regularly. Both Port and Collingwood have black & white stripes as part of their history, but Collingwood have first dibs on it in the present in the AFL.

2rh4oc6.jpg

What's the point of the bold black and white PBs if it just gets diluted

I reckon collingwood should get stuffed and let port be proud and allow them to show their history with the pb!
It's kinda like if you make a new street in an existing suburb though...you can't call them both the same name.
New team in an existing comp, you can't give them the same colours, in a very similar pattern.
It's not to do with Collingwood as much as it is to do with the context of Port joining the League.

It's kinda like if you make a new street in an existing suburb though...you can't call them both the same name.
New team in an existing comp, you can't give them the same colours, in a very similar pattern.
It's not to do with Collingwood as much as it is to do with the context of Port joining the League.
Fair enough I'm sure both the clubs could come to some sort of agreement?

let them wear it in the showdowns and and games that have a meaning for it, premiership anniversaries, member appreciation, etc.
as long as it's not against Collingwood it's fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough I'm sure both the clubs could come to some sort of agreement?
They have. It's called "Eddie has said Never Ever Again because too many people got excited after the EF this year and said some semi-unserious things about using it more often".
let them wear it in the showdowns and and games that have a meaning for it, premiership anniversaries, member appreciation, etc.
as long as it's not against Collingwood it's fine
Agreed, like I said before, once a year, on an event with historical value (showdowns have nothing to do with the PB IMO, no Magpies history there), and not against Collingwood. Clubs are only allowed 2 "special" guernseys a year anyway IIRC.

Agreed, like I said before, once a year, on an event with historical value (showdowns have nothing to do with the PB IMO, no Magpies history there), and not against Collingwood. Clubs are only allowed 2 "special" guernseys a year anyway IIRC.
does the indigenous jumper count in those two "special"?

Could be that WCE's was totally different but Carlton's had a small boomerang and a couple of hash-lines across one letter of the monogram I guess.

They did come to an agreement - Port could be admitted to the AFL if they dumped the magpie emblem and added an additional colour (teal)
And then the two clubs (Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club est 1997 and Port Adelaide Football Club est 1870) became one and then the fun really started.

Clarify?
Were WCE denied a special jumper at some other point because they wore the Indigenous Round top?

West Coast claimed that because we had an indigenous jumper and the name on back jumper that we couldn't have a 94 Premiership anniversary jumper, nor a Dig Deep jumper, because we'd already filled our quota of two special jumpers a season. Despite that fact Brisbane have had more then that (4 I think?). Was all just an excuse really.

West Coast claimed that because we had an indigenous jumper and the name on back jumper that we couldn't have a 94 Premiership anniversary jumper, nor a Dig Deep jumper, because we'd already filled our quota of two special jumpers a season. Despite that fact Brisbane have had more then that (4 I think?). Was all just an excuse really.
And that was WCE saying that, or WCE saying that's what the AFL said, or the AFL saying that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back