Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS
Credit to Greater Gattsby for his marvellous idea. Also a Western Bulldogs re-colour.
Home
GWS Home.png

Clash
GWS Clash.png

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
No. I'm using it as a current since there is no 2014 Grand Final Winner.
Fair enough. I thought you could've slipped it in for Sydney seeing as they're your team and travelling pretty nicely at the moment. Like that third/PS Hawthorn jumper, by the way. Looks better than the V-shaped Hawk they've got at the moment.

59080_bb5c7747e893725d862223773702fb58.png

Sorry doggies fans but ive never been a fan of your jumper, but for some reason I think this color combination looks good.
But I will admit the Bulldogs jumper looks a lot better now you've taken the cartoon dog off it :thumbsu:
This is GWS on a Bulldogs template.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
59080_bb5c7747e893725d862223773702fb58.png

Sorry doggies fans but ive never been a fan of your jumper, but for some reason I think this color combination looks good.
But I will admit the Bulldogs jumper looks a lot better now you've taken the cartoon dog off it :thumbsu:
Are you kidding? I LOVE our colours on the hoops template.
Almost any tricolour combination looks amazing on our hoops.

But fair enough. You'll come around. EVERYONE loves the Doggies. Until we start winning :p

Are you kidding? I LOVE our colours on the hoops template.
Almost any tricolour combination looks amazing on our hoops.

But fair enough. You'll come around. EVERYONE loves the Doggies. Until we start winning :p
Everybody loves their own colour combination mate :thumbsu: Except Hawks supporters :p

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
Adiós!

Some of you may have been wondering who I am and how I found so much time to post so many designs in the last few weeks. The truth is, I had time off between jobs, and was happy to devote some time to this. That time has now come to an end. I don't think I will be posting any more designs, but I will certainly still visit this part of the site occasionally to see what is happening.

I'd like to contribute the following in terms of parting wisdom: I am skeptical as to the worth of throwing original designs out into cyberspace. It is great showing them to one another, and getting feedback. But decent designs are liable to be pilfered by the manufacturers, some of who have already proven themselves to be idea-deficient. I would not hesitate to engage an intellectual property lawyer in case of any violation, and I urge designers to be vigilant. Good work has monetary value.

To anyone who suggested to me, "you should send that to the club" or to anyone who has sent their own designs to a club, I think this is fraught for the following reasons. Whoever receives the message at the club will not be in a headspace of jumper design at the time, and probably put it aside or throw it out. Even if they are, the design is almost certain to be rejected: As an example, many loved my Essendon clash designs (there was a red one and a white one). But I absolutely can imagine the club just saying, "well, we don't use that monogram, sure, it is semi-official being on the gates and all, but we use the other EFC monogram, and we don't want to look old-fashioned. Plus the AFL has directed clash tops to be mainly white, the design is red. OR, our position is that we won't play in white under any circumstances, and this is white." Either way, it can't be considered because it was not created in response to an official brief.

If you are not designing to a detailed brief from someone, you are simply floating around in fantasyland. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as you are aware of it.

I think you guys have a rockin' community here, it's important that this 'design in football' space exists. I hope it continues in the spirit I found it.

ALL-for-display-03.png

PS. I left a surprise in my Geelong clash jumper, which I was expecting someone to pick up. lmach Andonis1997 and Dubelyou you guys like it, so I have to ask, do you prefer the smell of your own, or other people's? :D

Last edited:

vivien

All Australian
Aug 13, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Adiós!

Some of you may have been wondering who I am and how I found so much time to post so many designs in the last few weeks. The truth is, I had time off between jobs, and was happy to devote some time to this. That time has now come to an end. I don't think I will be posting any more designs, but I will certainly still visit this part of the site occasionally to see what is happening.

I'd like to contribute the following in terms of parting wisdom: I am skeptical as to the worth of throwing original designs out into cyberspace. It is great showing them to one another, and getting feedback. But decent designs are liable to be pilfered by the manufacturers, some of who have already proven themselves to be idea-deficient. I would not hesitate to engage an intellectual property lawyer in case of any violation, and I urge designers to be vigilant. Good work has monetary value.

To anyone who suggested to me, "you should send that to the club" or to anyone who has sent their own designs to a club, I think this is fraught for the following reasons. Whoever receives the message at the club will not be in a headspace of jumper design at the time, and probably put it aside or throw it out. Even if they are, the design is almost certain to be rejected: As an example, many loved my Essendon clash designs (there was a red one and a white one). But I absolutely can imagine the club just saying, "well, we don't use that monogram, sure, it is semi-official being on the gates and all, but we use the other EFC monogram, and we don't want to look old-fashioned. Plus the AFL has directed clash tops to be mainly white, the design is red. OR, our position is that we won't play in white under any circumstances, and this is white." Either way, it can't be considered because it was not created in response to an official brief.

If you are not designing to a detailed brief from someone, you are simply floating around in fantasyland. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as you are aware of it.

I think you guys have a rockin' community here, it's important that this 'design in football' space exists. I hope it continues in the spirit I found it.

PS. I left a surprise in my Geelong clash jumper, which I was expecting someone to pick up. lmach Andonis1997 and Dubelyou you guys like it, so I have to ask, do you prefer the smell of your own, or other people's? :D
I clicked on your footy jumper designs and they all look so good! I love the geelong clash guernsey specifically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back