Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the first two but the third I find to exciting and noisy
It's like there was an explosion and the eagle is flying for its life..
If you want to stay on this part of Bigfooty for longer than a week, I recommend liking the Ochre pretty damn soon!!

If St Kilda is going to change its' arm trim colour, I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to the white trim with the black line that we had prior to 2010. Also reckon that our 140th year jumper (see what we wore against Carlton on Monday night last year) should be used again in some way, be it away/clash.

Does anybody also think that Sydney should wear the old South Melbourne jumper when playing in Melbourne? Imo if they feel the need to incorporate the opera house then make it part of the red V.

If St Kilda is going to change its' arm trim colour, I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to the white trim with the black line that we had prior to 2010. Also reckon that our 140th year jumper (see what we wore against Carlton on Monday night last year) should be used again in some way, be it away/clash.

Does anybody also think that Sydney should wear the old South Melbourne jumper when playing in Melbourne? Imo if they feel the need to incorporate the opera house then make it part of the red V.
Agree to both suggestions there.

I agree with your first two comments, but with Sydney's clash jumper, the opera house is already part of the red V, albeit a thicker V than than the old South Melbourne one.

They don't always wear it in Melbourne though.
Why should they. The only team who has a Melbourne specific jumper is Brisbane, and that's because they have to (I think) honour their merger with Fitzroy. South Melbourne didn't merge, they relocated north to Sydney. I think the SMFC and the use of red and white is honouring their old team enough

It gives me more confidence.
EGO.gif

Why should they. The only team who has a Melbourne specific jumper is Brisbane, and that's because they have to (I think) honour their merger with Fitzroy. South Melbourne didn't merge, they relocated north to Sydney. I think the SMFC and the use of red and white is honouring their old team enough

I understand they don't have to, but I think it would be a better way of acknowledging their history. I think the old South jumper makes a good clash jumper anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand they don't have to, but I think it would be a better way of acknowledging their history. I think the old South jumper makes a good clash jumper anyway.
It makes a good CLASH jumper, but Sydney only clash with Gold Coast at Carrara. So there's no real need to wear the jumper elsewhere. They've maintained a Sydney identity for over 30 years now, everyone in the know in Melbourne knows the Swans/Bloods came from South Melbourne, and those who care enough about footy either already know or found out about South Melbourne by asking their dad "what does SMFC mean?" after seeing it on the guernsey.

It makes a good CLASH jumper, but Sydney only clash with Gold Coast at Carrara. So there's no real need to wear the jumper elsewhere. They've maintained a Sydney identity for over 30 years now, everyone in the know in Melbourne knows the Swans/Bloods came from South Melbourne, and those who care enough about footy either already know or found out about South Melbourne by asking their dad "what does SMFC mean?" after seeing it on the guernsey.

Maybe I should have said away... :confused:

Good to see a nod to the old away jumper, which was always a favourite. Have you ever tried to incorporate the classic Port Magpies number panel back into the clash guernsey? I think it would work (especially with the side panels already there) and would distinguish our away strip from the "generic white" that seems to be overtaking the AFL...

If St Kilda is going to change its' arm trim colour, I wouldn't mind seeing it go back to the white trim with the black line that we had prior to 2010.
Nooooo, please no! I'm totally fine with white cuffs. But that black line, known as "Puma piping" was a horrible thing, which hung around long after Puma left us... Piping Hot, Sekem and ISC all used it... I do not know why. Black cuffs fine, white cuffs fine, but please, no piping! Even red cuffs would be fine by me.

Nooooo, please no! I'm totally fine with white cuffs. But that black line, known as "Puma piping" was a horrible thing, which hung around long after Puma left us... Piping Hot, Sekem and ISC all used it... I do not know why. Black cuffs fine, white cuffs fine, but please, no piping! Even red cuffs would be fine by me.
I still laugh every time I hear that St.Kilda wore Piping Hot guernseys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back