Live Event 2015 AFL National Draft Night Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

not enough cover. I am happy to be corrected, as always, but i feel they got it wrong. Is this a discussion, or are my opinions wrong?
our forawrds and mids are set. even our runners are carried over. our big gap, is KPD and their cover. we had ample time to cover that tonight, but we speculte instead.

Question. Is Leonardis automatically ahead of Newman in the pecking order? Obvious answer is yes because Leo is on the senior list, but Newman has 12 months of development over Leo.

I cant wait to see Leo get a game, equally Newman.

He's paid to play football next year, hence the 1 year contract...I guess that means you're (hopefully) wrong!

Really disappointed we didn't take Mitch Brown. I hope we are extremely confident that XR and AA are going to make it.

neither will, we're taking a massive risk. We could have taken Brown and/or Hartley. We're obviously backing someone in.... we must have massive faith in AJ making it back

our forawrds and mids are set. even our runners are carried over. our big gap, is KPD and their cover. we had ample time to cover that tonight, but we speculte instead.

You were asked to move on with the discussion and asked to give an opinion. You have stated over and over that the players we got are s**t and we got it wrong. You have taken until THIS post to set out how you would do things differently.

As for cover we have in KPD - Ted and Grundy they are backed up by Talia, Reid, X. Richard, Allir Allir and Melican. Sorry but what cover do we really need at KPD that we don't already have?

Who are the unluckies in this draft? Who could we target in the rookies?

How brutally slow was that draft, I've probably slept through a few picks but I think there are a heap of draftable players still left... even at our first pick I reckon we'll get a good option. Just depends on how bidding works on academy players in a rookie draft - there are 3 or more GWS players left who I'd be tempted to take - Cornell, Tiziani and Coughlan are still available off the top of my head. Murray is still there, so is Browne... did Glass McCasker get taken??
EDIT - Thomas Glen and Cam Hewett are still available too. I'd make a s**t recruiter, I would have taken the lot!

Last edited:
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-11-24/swans-welcome-draftees

Recruiting and List Strategy Manager Kinnear Beatson said Leonardis and Dawson both possess an elite kick which satisfied the Swans’ needs.

“One of the focuses was to improve our list in terms of our kicking ability,” Beatson said. “Over the last couple of seasons we’ve lost Nick Malceski, Rhyce Shaw, Lewis Jetta and Adam Goodes so we’re looking to improve our ball use by foot. “That’s where these boys come in.”

Says we need to improve our kicking ability and quotes Rhyce Shaw as one of the players we have lost in terms of use by foot to prove point:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know where our third would have fallen if we had have taken Dunkley? Surely with the passes that came shortly after our third it wouldn't have been much further back? I'm expecting we could have got Dunkley and pick 60? Which seems a pretty good deal really.... I'm pretty sure both would have been available there. We should have taken Hartley

You were asked to move on with the discussion and asked to give an opinion. You have stated over and over that the players we got are s**t and we got it wrong. You have taken until THIS post to set out how you would do things differently.

As for cover we have in KPD - Ted and Grundy they are backed up by Talia, Reid, X. Richard, Allir Allir and Melican. Sorry but what cover do we really need at KPD that we don't already have?
Forgive the thought, but Ted and Reg go down early..are you going to back those you mentioned? Talia perhaps, Reid as a pinch hitter.. But to keep on winning next 5 years.. Please.. we needed a mature defender...ala Brown..ala Hartley 54 and 68.. I'll leave that there shall I..wouldn't want to poke the bear..

Forgive the thought, but Ted and Reg go down early..are you going to back those you mentioned? Talia perhaps, Reid as a pinch hitter.. But to keep on winning next 5 years.. Please.. we needed a mature defender...ala Brown..ala Hartley 54 and 68.. I'll leave that there shall I..wouldn't want to poke the bear..
Hasnt Talia played just as many games as mitch brown? Why do you rate him so far ahead? Talia will be better than brown in 12 months.

Hey guys, just wondering why you think you passed on Dunkley? Apologies if this has been discussed a bunch already.

Just so you don't think I'm hear to try and convince you it was a mistake a rub it in, I'm not really a fan of him as a selection for us. (Well not yet, our drafting team has proven me wrong too often for me to disagree with them too confidently).

Hey guys, just wondering why you think you passed on Dunkley? Apologies if this has been discussed a bunch already.

Just so you don't think I'm hear to try and convince you it was a mistake a rub it in, I'm not really a fan of him as a selection for us. (Well not yet, our drafting team has proven me wrong too often for me to disagree with them too confidently).

Not worth his drafting position?

Flight/go home risk?

To put it simply we are just guessing nobody really knows for sure.

Basic premise and short story is he wanted to stay in Victoria so we didn't bother. The f/s thing was a media sham in others words. In any case he would struggle to get a game for us in the short term, have his type covered with existing experience

Gah. You're too late. The answer to the mystery was all contained in a series of texts I just deleted. :p

Seriously though, we mustn't have ever been serious about him.

Questions on his kicking have always been there so not unknown but with the depth of inside midfielders we have, wanting to improve that area of our game and his expressions of wanting to stay in Victoria I think the club felt that matching the bid was too early for him even though we had enough points. More a case of move on and fill needs and get good kicks into the club rather than pick up a luxury player for all purposes as he would of been a few years away from playing.

Considering all he would have ended up costing you is picks 51 and 56 (as they were all you used in the end) I'm a little worried you rated him really low. Hoping it was the go-home factor that was the main decider.

Anyway, proof will be in the pudding. Enjoy Mills you bastards, he looks amazing.

Considering all he would have ended up costing you is picks 51 and 56 (as they were all you used in the end) I'm a little worried you rated him really low. Hoping it was the go-home factor that was the main decider.

Anyway, proof will be in the pudding. Enjoy Mills you bastards, he looks amazing.

Oh we will

Remove this Banner Ad

Back