Remove this Banner Ad

Two vacancies on the board this year:

Gai Williams
Paul Brasher
David Barham
Julian Porter
Nick Raptopoulos
Paul Young

Not really fussed who your second vote is for, but for * sake vote for Paul Brasher. He's a very impressive unit and done a great job so far. Can't afford to lose him.

He’s by far the most qualified finance guy there and our best go for Finance Director, surely.

I don’t think he’s pulled too many wrong reins in his area.

His area?

Was obviously a leading question on my behalf, but two things above all else stand out for me:

1) He was on the Board of Directors when the actual event, along with the decision making 'prowess' that followed.
2) Essendon's financial position has not improved in his time. Since when is treading water a success?

His area?

Was obviously a leading question on my behalf, but two things above all else stand out for me:

1) He was on the Board of Directors when the actual event, along with the decision making 'prowess' that followed.
2) Essendon's financial position has not improved in his time. Since when is treading water a success?

On your second point, all things considered I personally think our finances are in superb shape.

I think he's a good finance operator, not a bad bloke to have in the FD position. Punting him now due to the supplements stuff may be cutting off our nose in spite.

His area?

1) you have point,

2) I think all things considered we have done as well as we could expect. $5.5 mil spend on the saga over 3 years, And so on, we have done well all considered with all that has gone on. There are things you could pick on no doubt but all in all a good job.I think plenty would struggle under those circumstances.

Who are the standout candidates for you?

One of the heavily pro Hird people, has had petitions for an EGM, demanded Hird be given his job back and so on And has been going on and on about it.
Blitz will be behind him then.

One of the heavily pro Hird people, has had petitions for an EGM, demanded Hird be given his job back and so on And has been going on and on about it.
Ah. Safe to say I won't be voting for him then. Is David Barham at all related to Ricky/Jaxson?

I won't be voting for him then.

What we need is stability. Not yet more spills and craziness.

It's not even workable anyway. We've got Woosha; how would it even work if we were crazy enough to suddenly say to him, "well thanks, but actually nah".

Laughing stock would not even begin to do it justice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't be voting for him then.

What we need is stability. Not yet more spills and craziness.

It's not even workable anyway. We've got Woosha; how would it even work if we were crazy enough to suddenly say to him, "well thanks, but actually nah".

Laughing stock would not even begin to do it justice.
Agreed, he does talk about other things , about unhappy members and son on. But I see it (personally, my view view here only) That is is all thinly guised around being angry of Hirds sacking/standing down. To me it is the catalyst to his decision to run.

There are plenty of strong candidates this year though.

Agreed, he does talk about other things , about unhappy members and son on. But I see it (personally, my view view here only) That is is all thinly guised around being angry of Hirds sacking/standing down. To me it is the catalyst to his decision to run.

There are plenty of strong candidates this year though.
Fair enough to be angry with the way it was handled, and even the decision itself.

To suggest bringing him back now is even remotely a good idea is something else entirely; it's off the planet.

Fair enough to be angry with the way it was handled, and even the decision itself.

To suggest bringing him back now is even remotely a good idea is something else entirely; it's off the planet.
Yeah, don't think it handled well. I can accept it was the right decision.

But making repeated calls for an EGM/spill of the board. When he didn't get the numbers, he changed plans a little still looking for a simular result. Like you said we need stability. I'm not convinced he is that.

There are enough very strong candidates there,

On your second point, all things considered I personally think our finances are in superb shape.

They are in very reasonable shape.

But they were before his tenure, and during his time have not made any drastic leaps forward.

I mean, does the guy have any real runs on the board at the club?

Our next Chairman is a former minister for Finance.

I genuinely think Brasher's contribution is grossly overvalued, and unless he has offered something significant I think the supplements scandal is reason a lone to boot him.

I have no idea who I am voting for yet but it is interesting that Nick is the only one of the unsuccessful seven candidates from last year to put their hand up again.

We should be ******* furious that Gauci was not elected.

Brasher and Barham for mine. Brasher provides a voice of reason for financial matters whilst Barham provides further marketing opportunities with his media experience and contacts.

On a board you want a group of people who can provide various insights to create a strong overall group. Williams has run pharmacies so doesn't bring much to a football club, raptopoulas is a salesman who doesn't bring much, young is a teacher who would provide a disruption given his anti establishment mentality at present. The next in line would thus be Porter who has been working with the VFL team, has reasonable management experience but I don't think brings as much to the table as brasher and Barham.

Thanks BomberBlitz.

As stupid as their *ed campaign was, you can’t blame them.

It was following the most tumultuous period in the clubs history – and we had about a 15% voter turnout.

There’s your problem right there.

If everybody actually voted (which you can do online, takes about 3 mins), then logic would win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back