2015 ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a high quality match, Tomic hung in there really well on the big points. Ferrer made some really poor errors on the big points and that was the difference. Bernard is looking real solid this year, if he isn't top 20 at the end of the year it'll be a disappointing season. He should get there pretty easily IMO. Great win from the Kok as well! Should be a good match between the 2.

Yep, best win of his career so far. As far as the matchup goes for Tomic it a tough one and to step up the way he did was impressive.

Well done Bernie! Ferrer rarely loses to anyone ranked below him so that is a top effort :thumbsu: Only got to see a couple of games of that one, hopefully will get to see the Tomic v Kokkinakis match though.

HAUUUGGEEE win for Tomic. To win against the Ferrer - go back 12 months no one would ever have picked that.

Score predicitions for Tomic v Kok?

6-3, 6-4 to Tomic for me

Especially in the form he is in at the moment.

Novak was playing ordinary is his last round but still found a way to comfortably win. Bernie is in white hot form. 1/1000 chance, but hopefully he can pull off what he did at the Hopman Cup two years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprise, surprise... Bacsinszky involved in yet another three setter... and SHE'S LEADING!

Jankovic beats Bencic. Next faces the winner of the Bouchard/Tsurenko match. Both struggling with injury at the moment.

Suarez Navarro v Halep
Bacsinszky v Serena
Pennetta v Lisicki
Jankovic v Tsurenko

* that. Why does Bacsinszky have to be in the tougher half and quarter? I have her at $301 to win the tournament. I would fancy her against anyone except Serena and Halep the way she is playing at the moment.

I am keen to seen how far Timea Bacsinszky goes. She is in ripper form, having won her past two tournaments and in the form of her life. Currently at a career high 26 in the world. She will run into Serena in the third round, so the journey is likely to end there. We'll see if she has any juice left, cause she has been playing plenty of Tennis later, and plenty of three set matches.
The "comeback Queen".

19twcp.png

She will be ranked top twenty in the world after this tournament. She has won more games than any other player on the WTA this year, with a 21-2 win-loss record. She is riding a wave of 15 consecutive wins and now has a head on collision with Serena in the Quarters of Indian Wells. In seven of her last eight matches, she has won in three sets. In each of her last four matches, she has come from a set down to win.

The last time I saw Timea play, I thought it was the biggest trash tennis I had seen, impressive.

Tomic/Kokkanksis is 4th on Stadium 2 tomorrow so it'll be late morning around 11am. Tomorrow off to watch all the 4th round matches. Awesome

Question Ive wondered for a while - how long have the seeds had first round byes at events like this? Just seems to be virtually impossible for unseeded players to get anywhere having to play an extra match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back