2015 ATP World Tour 250/500 series thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Stan climbs up to number 7 in the rankings now after his victory against Berdych! Berdych is seriously a choker and will never make it to the top despite a new coach and playing better tennis this year. He lacks the mental edge to be right up there.

Kei had an impressive win over Anderson to claim his third straight Memphis Open.
That new av...jesus.

Kei had an impressive win over Anderson to claim his third straight Memphis Open.

And got a sweet new Gibson 335 in the process

TH17NISHI_2312821e.jpg

Matosevic peaking for his slam event, Delray Beach. What a random result. Kokkanksis and Tomic getting wins too

Just saw the 'highlights' of the Karlovic/Thanasi match. Was a pretty bad standard

Just saw the 'highlights' of the Karlovic/Thanasi match. Was a pretty bad standard

It is Karlovic what do you expect! Serve, serve, serve! There is never much tennis involved. Effective but meh.

6-1 6-3 loss to a 19 year old Japanese guy playing only his third main draw tour-level match. :drunk: Marinko was shocking.

No surprise, said it before he is average/above average, Marinko is solid don't get me wrong but he doesn't have much to hurt the other bloke, FH is OK, BH is OK, serve is average. Nothing really special. The quicker Kokkanakis comes through the better, among others obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nishioka is a pretty handy youngster. If he was a bit taller than he would probably be one the most talented teenagers coming through the ranks atm. Fantastic backhand, but his serve will never be a strength. Matosevic looked great against Isner but I wouldn't be shocked if his mind was on another thing today.

Tomic was up a set and had 2 breakpoints to go up and serve for the match in the 2nd, before losing in 3 again to Young.

Whatever happens with Tomic this year, you can almost consider 2015 a failure for him with two losses to Young.

That match point is absurd from Fognini, his quarterfinal match will go down as one of the most bizarre matches of 2015, such a troll. Rafa looked like he was having issues with his groin. Ferrer to play Fognini there.

Enjoyed seeing Nadal lose. Had a huge sad at the umpire for a time violation, whinging saying that he doesn't want him to ever umpire another one of his matches. He thinks he's bigger than the game.

Is this the year when Nadal starts to significantly decline? I know his results pre-European clay season can be patchy, but losing to Fognini on clay? If his level doesn't pick up substantially, what will Djokovic or even Nishikori do to him? Alarm bells must be ringing already.

Also happy that Dubai is starting this week. Probably my favourite ATP500 event.

Is this the year when Nadal starts to significantly decline? I know his results pre-European clay season can be patchy, but losing to Fognini on clay? If his level doesn't pick up substantially, what will Djokovic or even Nishikori do to him? Alarm bells must be ringing already.

Also happy that Dubai is starting this week. Probably my favourite ATP500 event.

I wouldn't look anything into until well into the clay court season.

Groth got Dolgopolov, Tomic got Mannarino and Matosevic got Granellors in Acapulco.

I wouldn't look anything into until well into the clay court season.

Groth got Dolgopolov, Tomic got Mannarino and Matosevic got Granellors in Acapulco.
Yep tend to agree. He didn't have his best clay court season in 2014 (by his standards anyway) and still went on to win the French. Let's see how he does this clay court season before writing him off. In saying that, there are signs that his movement is not what it once was.

Not easy first round matches for the Aussies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back