2015 ATP World Tour 250/500 series thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Federer? Really?

You found some examples out of the thousands of matches these guys have played. Well done. A tiny %.

Now find me someone other than maybe a Gulbis and Murray that carries on as frequently as Kyrgios.

Good luck :thumbsu:
Oh sorry, I forgot Federer is perfect. There are plenty of others who carry on a lot, watch some tennis. Kyrgios is still barely 20 years old coming into an era of tennis where every second on the court is under the microscope more so than ever

Krygios got fairly schooled by Gasquet, using the red stuff to his advantage. But still an amazing week for Nick and should give him confidence for the rest of the tournament. Patience has certainly got to be shown on this stuff but at the same time I understand because once he's on the back foot on this stuff he's screwed so he has to go for his shots.

Oh sorry, I forgot Federer is perfect. There are plenty of others who carry on a lot, watch some tennis. Kyrgios is still barely 20 years old coming into an era of tennis where every second on the court is under the microscope more so than ever

I watch a lot of tennis. Not just youtube highlights

Kyrgios loses his cool more than the average tennis player, can't be good for his game. And those youtube videos, the player who is carrying on usually ends up losing the match.. Stay calm and you're giving yourself more of a chance to win ;)

It seemed a bit petty by Murray, schoolyard sort of stuff, but plenty of players do appear to think Rosol is a bit of a dickhead.

Bad news for Tomic and Kyrgios this week, with both retiring during their matches. I haven't heard what is wrong with Tomic, but Nick just retired 3-4 down in the first set. Was clutching his right elbow throughout the match, even during warm up. Not good signs for the French.

Tomic had a virus, unsure if related to his allergy to clay. Kyrgios retiring again is a bad sign, sure he did well in doubles last week but it's concerning how much his body is crumbling.

Duckworth is through to the quarters after Simon pulled out and he played a Lucky Loser. Handy 45 points and plays Coric tonight, which I think will be on fox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grass court season starts this week and we have an extra week between the French and Wimbledon, so an extra week of grass court tennis, which is great for tennis!

In s-Hertogenbosch Hewitt got a WC and will face a qualifier or LL and will face Bautista Agut in the 2nd round. Would be nice if he can get some decent match play and a few wins before his final SW19 appearance.

In Stuttgart Nadal is the top seed and Tomic is in his 1/4 of the draw as the 5th seed. Tomic to play Struff first up and then likely Haas, then Nadal. A tough 1/4. Will be interesting to see his results on the grass with his back the way it is. Groth will have to go straight from the ITF final in Manchester to Stuttgart to Play Starkhovsky in the first round. But I think he will win that one.

The sooner he starts playing the challenger tour the better.

Hewitt plays his first round match in Netherlands tonight, not before 10.30pm.

Hewitt lost 6-3, 6-4 to Mahut. I'll have to make an effort to watch his match in queens next week.

Old man Haas winning his first match back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back