2015 Australian Tour

If it is going to be a House Show are you going to go?

• Yes

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Depending on the Card

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chrisonater

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So we are now into Janurary and still nothing announced so fingers crossed we actually get something good like a TV Taping.

I'll probably go if they go to Adelaide and I might go if I have to go to Melbourne. But ultimately it depends on the card.

I'll probably go if they go to Adelaide and I might go if I have to go to Melbourne. But ultimately it depends on the card.

Exactly this.
It's seemed that ever since my interest in Wrestling picked up again a couple of years ago they haven't been to Adelaide since. If they snub again I will most likely head over to Melbourne for it, particularly if I can incorporate some footy matches into the trip.

It almost gets tiresome hearing people call for tv tapings, for 2 reasons.

1) TV tapings would be s**t - you hardly get any matches, the matches you get are rubbish storyline matches, and you can't fast forward through the 20 minute promo to open the show.
2) It's not going to happen.

The simple reality is they don't have to do it. Unlike Europe, they can do Australia in 3 or 4 nights, and they make just as much money doing house shows as they would doing tv, just without the expense. The length of the European tour is the only reason they do them there - WWE typically hate doing their shows on delay, and they hate even more dragging more production equipment around the globe than they have to.

At least with house shows though, you get some really good - although rarely great - matches. When's the last time you saw a match on Raw you'd even classify as 'really good'.

All that said though, the only way to make them change what they're doing is to stop going to the shows, which I stopped doing years ago. It's not because I want TV - it's because I want PPV.

WM has become a regular arena show. Summerslam had become an annual LA show. They do themed PPVs such as HIAC et al...

I think there would be huge money in WWE making one of their PPVs an international one. You don't even need that many countries - and if you did it at the right time of year, you could broadcast live out of Mexico, Australia and Japan. (When I say "right time of year", you'd need to pick a Monday that worked in Japan and Australia... either that or, using the Network, condition fans to know that the international PPV is on Saturday night.)

It's not like they even have to find dozens of countries - they'd literally only need 3-4, then they could run a PPV in that country every 3-4 years.

In an ideal world, and from an Australian perspective, the Rumble would be awesome, because it's always on the Australia Day weekend here. And from WWE's perspective? They could do a lot worse than making the Rumble an international PPV.

Why? Because this year's Rumble is the second year in a row that the crowd will completely s**t on and hijack the show if WWE follows through on their long term plan. At least if you did the Rumble as an international show, those crowds are much easier to please and will genuinely support the faces and cheer along with whatever you want (with the exception of England... where you can't do live shows from anyway).

The other reason the Rumble works is because it's one of the big shows, and they can market it as such. I think if you did the Rumble in Australia, you're looking at Docklands again; if you did *insert random B pay-per view here* I think you're still only looking at Rod Laver.

Completely agree with everything you said that but because I'm pedantic I just want to point out that SummerSlam is no longer an annual LA show and will be in New Jersey this year. Absolutely agree with every point though! If we ever got a PPV in Australia, especially the Rumble, I'd be there without a doubt.

Completely agree with everything you said that but because I'm pedantic I just want to point out that SummerSlam is no longer an annual LA show and will be in New Jersey this year. Absolutely agree with every point though! If we ever got a PPV in Australia, especially the Rumble, I'd be there without a doubt.

Summerslam had become an annual LA show

;)

Why? Because this year's Rumble is the second year in a row that the crowd will completely s**t on and hijack the show if WWE follows through on their long term plan. At least if you did the Rumble as an international show, those crowds are much easier to please and will genuinely support the faces and cheer along with whatever you want (with the exception of England... where you can't do live shows from anyway).

crowds will s**t on whatever they want to s**t on, because that's what modern crowds do. they want to hijack the show and be the focus.

crowds will s**t on whatever they want to s**t on, because that's what modern crowds do. they want to hijack the show and be the focus.

But they don't in Australia, and that was the point.

Maybe it'd be different if the shows were televised - but with the exception of that first Global Warning Tour, I've always found Australian crowds (or at least those in Melbourne and Sydney) to be largely boring crowds that sit on their hands.

The only exceptions are the embarrassing and mind-numbing "you are a w***er" and "wooooooooo".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always found Australian crowds (or at least those in Melbourne and Sydney) to be largely boring crowds that sit on their hands.

The only exceptions are the embarrassing and mind-numbing "you are a ******" and "wooooooooo".

that's true b/c we cop boring 'paint by numbers'/meaningless house shows.

If we aren't important enough to get a raw taped here, we have a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting any ppv here. Especially one like the rumble. They're not going to go from only doing shitty house shows, to plonking the rumble down here.

Baby steps. Start with a Raw.

The really s**t thing about having a PPV in Australia live is the bloody timezones.

Obviously if Australia was to have an event it would have to be on a public holiday and the one's I can think of are Australia Day (Royal Rumble), Queens Birthday (MITB) but no way because everyone will be at the footy, Easter Monday and that's too close to WrestleMania.

PPVs are never being held outside of North American timezones because it has to be live.

We might get TV if a government authority threw enough money at WWE. That's rather unlikely.

PPVs are never being held outside of North American timezones because it has to be live.

We might get TV if a government authority threw enough money at WWE. That's rather unlikely.

but now it's not like they need to contact the ppv providers and demand a certain block of time to air their show. they have their own network so they can air live specials whenever they want (and subscribers can watch on demand at their leisure). I guess the cost of streaming from a foreign country would be a lot higher though (and they would want to avoid fans live tweeting spoilers if it aired on delay)

One of the bosses of WWE said that we won't get ppvs or raw/smackdowns because they are able to make enough money from us without doing that. We pay more to go to there tours then they charge for tickets to most ppvs over there.

Since it's not too likely we'll get a proper PPV how would people feel about a Global Warning 2 kinda thing?

Given the Network era, the lines are kind of blurred.

They should be using the Network to show the occasional big international Raw, or the occasional Madison Square Garden show.

I think it'd work given the era that we're in, assuming they showed it live on the Network.

Since it's not too likely we'll get a proper PPV how would people feel about a Global Warning 2 kinda thing?
Not entirely pleased, that's just a glorified house show to me. It's the same as the old Insurrextion/Rebellion events they used to do in the UK.

Last edited:
Not really, that's just a glorified house show to me. It's the same as the old Insurrextion/Rebellion events they used to do in the UK.

Yep, only difference is the slightly better card IMO.....although quick check on Wikipedia, not cut and dry on that though...

1 Rikishi defeated Rico Kiss My Ass match 2:32
2 Mark Henry and Randy Orton defeated Batista and D-Von Dudley Tag Team match 7:00
3 Jamie Noble (c) defeated Hurricane Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship 8:45
4 Hardcore Holly and Chavo Guerrero defeated Billy and Chuck (with Rico) Tag Team match 15:00
5 Kurt Angle defeated Test Singles match 11:00
6 The Un-Americans (Lance Storm and Christian) defeated Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman Tag Team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship 9:10
7 Edge defeated Chris Jericho Singles match[4] 12:49
8 Torrie Wilson defeated Stacy Kiebler Bra & Panties match 4:45
9 The Rock (c) defeated Triple H and Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) Triple Threat match for the WWE Undisputed Championship 14:35

Back