Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to go and actually read what was being debated

Sorry.

It should solve any debate over Richmond being considered a good club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only allow to quote academic journals in BigFooty banter threads?

Reads Herald Sun opinion piece. Says it should solve "any debate"

Just lol

I'm putting that on the same level as a club wanting to win games of football meaning they have the tactical nous of a gnat.

Apologies. I really do find it hard to play along with such delusion without pointing it out.

I mean.. when someone is telling you that losing is good and genuinely believes it then it becomes hard to banter properly.

Haha definitely got a bite here.

Did you see the best richmonds best 22 in the AFL era? What did you think? Daniel Jackson stiff not to get a gig?

Haha definitely got a bite here.

Did you see the best richmonds best 22 in the AFL era? What did you think? Daniel Jackson stiff not to get a gig?

Lol at trying to make a genuine point then after seeing how stupid it was passing it off as going fishing for bites :)

I'm disappointed Jacko didn't get a gig. Should have been named CHF ahead of Richo. Also can't believe Tambling didn't at least make the bench

Last edited:
Lol at trying to make a genuine point then after seeing how stupid it was passing it off as going fishing for bites :)

I'm disappointed Jacko didn't get a gig. Should have been named CHF ahead of Richo

Obviously you read the article and obviously it cut you up as you still remember it from a couple of weeks ago.

You recently posted that Ellis a bloke that's had one good season in his career should be in richmonds best 22 of the past 25 years yet you disagree that the club has been awful in the AFL era and think you are better informed than professional journalists?

Time to sing a really funny "best reiwoldt in the land" song with your grog squad buddies and get lost

Yes, you are a master tactician by wanting your club to lose every game of football in a non premiership window year.

All clubs who try to win games of football even though their chance at the flag is small have the tactical nous of a gnat.

This one is bordering on some heavy idiocy even by your standards. I said refer to my previous post, not yours you fool. You inserted that word into one of your own sentences. Sigh.

That fact that you're trying to solve a debate by looking in the Herald Sun out of all places only proves how dimwitted you are. One of the worst publications on the planet.

"Let's write about how crap Richmond used to be.. that should sell some papers today"

And fools such as yourself go out and buy it and gobble it all up

ENOUGH of the personal attacks!

Obviously you read the article and obviously it cut you up as you still remember it from a couple of weeks ago.

You recently posted that Ellis a bloke that's had one good season in his career should be in richmonds best 22 of the past 25 years yet you disagree that the club has been awful in the AFL era and think you are better informed than professional journalists?

Time to sing a really funny "best reiwoldt in the land" song with your grog squad buddies and get lost

1) Don't read the Herald Sun, so no
2) That desperate that you have to come fishing for things on our board? lol. Clearly said I was taking the piss with Ellis (but we'll just ignore that). I like to include him in all debates purely because of how much he gets whacked around on our board. He does add something else though
3) Where did I say we weren't awful in that era? Look on the last page right here in fact.. said we were abysmal for decades

1) Don't read the Herald Sun, so no
2) That desperate that you have to come fishing for things on our board? lol. Clearly said I was taking the piss with Ellis (but we'll just ignore that). I like to include him in all debates purely because of how much he gets whacked around on our board. He does add something else though
3) Where did I say we weren't awful in that era? Look on the last page right here in fact.. said we were abysmal for decades

1- Too good for the herald sun but read BigFooty banter threads?
2- I actually saw the thread "best Richmond team from the past 25 years" and thought I'd read it for a laugh, I remembered your post as I found it to be particularly funny. But I actually agree, Ellis is probably worthy of a spot in your best team of the last 25 years. ( and I don't rate Ellis highly.)
3- I agree with this point, but I'm not sure why you are using past tense? You haven't won a final in over a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies. I really do find it hard to play along with such delusion without pointing it out.

I mean.. when someone is telling you that losing is good and genuinely believes it then it becomes hard to banter properly.
I'm just astounded at the number of times you've used the word "delusional" or derivatives of.... A Richmond supporter accusing other supporters of delusion, pot meet kettle!

1- Too good for the herald sun but read BigFooty banter threads?
2- I actually saw the thread "best Richmond team from the past 25 years" and thought I'd read it for a laugh, I remembered your post as I found it to be particularly funny. But I actually agree, Ellis is probably worthy of a spot in your best team of the last 25 years. ( and I don't rate Ellis highly.)
3- I agree with this point, but I'm not sure why you are using past tense? You haven't won a final in over a decade.

Just going to answer this dribble with this

Good lord! :rolleyes:

I'm just astounded at the number of times you've used the word "delusional" or derivatives of.... A Richmond supporter accusing other supporters of delusion, pot meet kettle!

It just astounds me how you can agree with your supporters saying that losing games and finishing at the bottom is a good thing. That's why I used the word delusional so many times. Surely this trumps any delusion you'll hear from a Richmond supporter. I agree we have some delusional ones, but I've never heard one saying that we should lose.

It just astounds me how you can agree with your supporters saying that losing games and finishing at the bottom is a good thing. That's why I used the word delusional so many times. Surely this trumps any delusion you'll hear from a Richmond supporter. I agree we have some delusional ones, but I've never heard one saying that we should lose.
I'm not sure anyone said finishing bottom was a "good thing"... I think they were trying to make the point that it doesn't carry the stigma that it once did, and that understanding where we're at means we can at least take some positives from it. Lemons/lemonade, that sort of thing...
No one WANTS to be last, but if we have to be there for now, at least we can identify the reasons and do what needs to be done to rectify the situation....
I dare not speak on anyone else's behalf, but I think that was the point being made, and you may have misinterpreted it.

I'm trying to figure out what will be more likely in 2016:
1) Richmond winning a final
2) Carlton winning a game

Might have to resort to flipping a coin.
In the last decade or so, we've managed to win at least one game every year, Richmond has not won a final in that time, so on the balance of probabilities, I think you know the answer....

I'm not sure anyone said finishing bottom was a "good thing"... I think they were trying to make the point that it doesn't carry the stigma that it once did, and that understanding where we're at means we can at least take some positives from it. Lemons/lemonade, that sort of thing...
No one WANTS to be last, but if we have to be there for now, at least we can identify the reasons and do what needs to be done to rectify the situation....
I dare not speak on anyone else's behalf, but I think that was the point being made, and you may have misinterpreted it.

Was definitely the point being made that if a team isn't a good shot at the flag they should aim to finish last as no negatives come with it, only positives. Delusional.. calling it as I see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back