Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I'm nearly 34 and yes I remember travelling out to that hideous ground Princes Park no watching Hawthorn get rolled in the mid 1990s. A 1995 game stands out in particular I think.

Don't get me wrong. I thought it was brilliant what happened and your downfall from sort of 2002-2011 but after that any banter I could have with Carlton friends was gone. Sort of came back when you signed Mick but honestly seeing my friends go through watching Carlton every week is just depressing.

While the AFL may not NEED a strong Carlton, I'm sure most supporters would like to see Carlton, Collingwood, hawthorn and Richmond making up the top six. Not Essendon. F**k them.

It's been over 10 years and after watching the last time we played you.... Yeah wasn't a great spectacle for the game. Maybe in the past it was "We're Carlton and we do what we want" like John Elliot on Open Mike, but now maybe the club realises that you can't really buy premierships by luring the big fish like you used to.
When we finally beat you again, we might have something to banter about. It has been a long time between drinks .... except for your captain of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back