List Mgmt. 2015 Best 22 - Rolling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like Myers as a player, but he is fairly injury prone and has (on average) only managed to play 12 games a year, and the other thing with him is he doesn't kick many goals for a mid (0.3 per game). The last couple of years have been better for David where hes managed to string some games together, and I do feel he'll really have a big 2015 and hopefully lift his average disposals from 18 to 20+ and hopefully start hitting the scoreboard more and having more 'elite' games.
It has to be said though Cooney is a much better player than Myers - played a lot more games, a lot more at elite level and averages 22 disposals a game and almost a goal a game!
If Myers can lift his game to Cooneys level than that would be fantastic!

True that eth - but even if we look at his last 2 seasons where hes been more a mid hes only averaging 0.4 goals a game - definitely an area I think he can improve on to lift his game to the next level
Myers needs a lesson from Watson in how to kick goals as a slower inside mid... Technically he should have the advantage over Watson as he has a far greater range. But Heppell is the one we want to start finding a forward presence. The way he reads the play and his elite first touch abilities should see him threatening more than he does.

Myers needs a lesson from Watson in how to kick goals as a slower inside mid... Technically he should have the advantage over Watson as he has a far greater range. But Heppell is the one we want to start finding a forward presence. The way he reads the play and his elite first touch abilities should see him threatening more than he does.

As a midfielder Myers' problem is that he doesn't take shots when in range (because AFL clubs tend to * around in front of goal trying to always find a better option rather than just playing the percentages).

It should just be understood that time from 50m to 55m from goal he is basically as good an option as anyone outside 20 and he should be having those shots.

As far as Myers' performances are concerned he has hardly made a mistake in the last two seasons (which coincides with him being fit). He has improved overhead dramatically and looks much more reliable when playing in defence.

He doesn't dominate games because he is a utility and is the first rotated into defence to cover an injury or problem with a match up. He tends to do the team thing first around the ball a lot too which reduces his numbers.

He is behind Jobe only as the second best clearance player at the club but he doesn't get a clear enough run in the middle because of the other strengths and focuses in his game.

He is up there with Zaharakis and Goddard as the players from EFC I most want getting the ball 30 times a game. I've got no doubt that if required to he'd be a 30 possession 10 clearance a game type player.

As a midfielder Myers' problem is that he doesn't take shots when in range (because AFL clubs tend to **** around in front of goal trying to always find a better option rather than just playing the percentages).

It should just be understood that time from 50m to 55m from goal he is basically as good an option as anyone outside 20 and he should be having those shots.

As far as Myers' performances are concerned he has hardly made a mistake in the last two seasons (which coincides with him being fit). He has improved overhead dramatically and looks much more reliable when playing in defence.

He doesn't dominate games because he is a utility and is the first rotated into defence to cover an injury or problem with a match up. He tends to do the team thing first around the ball a lot too which reduces his numbers.

He is behind Jobe only as the second best clearance player at the club but he doesn't get a clear enough run in the middle because of the other strengths and focuses in his game.

He is up there with Zaharakis and Goddard as the players from EFC I most want getting the ball 30 times a game. I've got no doubt that if required to he'd be a 30 possession 10 clearance a game type player.

You do realise a 30 possession, 10 clearance a game type player would just about make him the best player in the comp?

You do realise a 30 possession, 10 clearance a game type player would just about make him the best player in the comp?

It's not meant quite so literally but if you're asking whether he'd be as prolific as Matt Priddis I'd say he could be and he is a s**t load better with ball in hand.

Watch him closely against the inside bulls from other clubs. He seemed to go out of his way in 2014 to bash them.

He's an absolute beast for a midfielder.

It's not meant quite so literally but if you're asking whether he'd be as prolific as Matt Priddis I'd say he could be and he is a s**t load better with ball in hand.

Watch him closely against the inside bulls from other clubs. He seemed to go out of his way in 2014 to bash them.

This this and this.
He is not going to get dropped, no way, no how. The reason he doesn't have those bad games (apart from just being quality anyway), is that size factor on the inside. Even if he was having a slump in form, we would still want him in there throwing his weight around. I've said he's untouchable and i'll stand by it.

If Myers can get to a Luke Ball level I'd be happy. Matt Priddis is the absolute top echelon for top inside mids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kakkle (I think or BrunoV) mentioned Giles playing himself OUT of Rd 1 contention, throw Ambrose into that group as well. Been highly unimpressed with his actual output in the NAB challenge. The one thing saving Paddy will be the immaturity of (the likely competition of) Langford & Laverde.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I have been active in posting best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board. Would love to get your thoughts on my Essendon BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but the best available.

FULL BACKS: Dustin Fletcher ~ Cale Hooker ~ Mark Baguley
HALF BACKS: Courtenay Dempsey ~ Michael Hurley ~ Michael Hibberd

MIDFIELDERS:
David Zaharakis ~ Jobe Watson ~ David Myers
FOLLOWERS: Tom Bellchambers ~ Brendon Goddard ~ Dyson Heppell

HALF FORWARDS:
Travis Colyer ~ Joe Daniher ~ Adam Cooney
FULL FORWARDS: Jason Winderlich ~ Jake Carlisle ~ Paul Chapman

INTERCHANGE:
Brent Stanton ~ Zach Merrett ~ Heath Hocking
SUB: Martin Gleeson

• Cooney's a handy inclusion to the HF/mid rotations. Don't know if he will ever set the game on fire again Brownlow medal style but his burst run and experience coming from the Bulldogs will be very handy. Knows his way around the goals as well.
  • Gleeson's someone to persist with. Started 2014 in the senior side. Coming on as a SUB could be a perfect role for him I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I have been active in posting best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board. Would love to get your thoughts on my Essendon BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but the best available.

MIDFIELDERS:

HALF FORWARDS:
FULL FORWARDS: Jason Winderlich ~ Jake Carlisle ~ Paul Chapman

INTERCHANGE:
Brent Stanton ~ Zach Merrett ~ Heath Hocking

• Cooney's a handy inclusion to the HF/mid rotations. Don't know if he will ever set the game on fire again Brownlow medal style but his burst run and experience coming from the Bulldogs will be very handy. Knows his way around the goals as well.
  • Gleeson's someone to persist with. Started 2014 in the senior side. Coming on as a SUB could be a perfect role for him I think

It's a good side. I'd only make a couple of extremely minor changes;
- Goddard has spent the majority of the pre-season on the half forward line as a 3rd/4th marking target.
- I don't think Gleeson is suited to the sub role so if he isn't in the best 21 I'd play him in the VFL

All our half forwards rotate in the middle and all our midfielders rotate forward.

MIDFIELDERS:

HALF FORWARDS:
FULL FORWARDS: Jason Winderlich (Zach Merrett) ~ Jake Carlisle ~ Paul Chapman

INTERCHANGE:
Brent Stanton ~ Melksham ~ Heath Hocking

Due to the Winderlich injury. Z.Merrett takes his role as a deep small forward and Melksham comes into the best 22 on the bench.

As mentioned above i think you will see Goddard play mainly as that 3rd tall/medium forward. No reason he cant play a Gunston role.

Round One Team:

FF: Daniher Carlisle Chapman
HF: Cooney Ambrose Z.Merrett
C: Goddard Heppell Zaharakis
R: Melksham Bellchambers Watson
HB: Gleeson Hurley Hibberd
FB: Baguley Hooker Fletcher
I/C: Myers Stanton Howlett
S: Colyer

Would be fantastic is by years end the following had become best 22:

FF: Langford Daniher Z.Merrett
HF: Cooney Carlisle Laverde
HB: Ashby Hurley Hibberd
FB: Baguley Hooker Pears
I/C: Myers Gleeson Kavanagh
S: Edwards / J.Merrett / Dalgleish

This is assuming Chapman, Fletcher and Winderlich have announced retirements. Ambrose, Stanton, Colyer and Howlett get overrun by our young talent (only if earned). Then if we landed a big midfield fish (Danger obviously is ideal but unlikely) or some GWS talent we have a serious side.

For what it's worth, I think we'll push top 4 this year with the next 10 years set to be success filled.

Round One Team:

This is assuming Chapman, Fletcher and Winderlich have announced retirements. Ambrose, Stanton, Colyer and Howlett get overrun by our young talent (only if earned). Then if we landed a big midfield fish (Danger obviously is ideal but unlikely) or some GWS talent we have a serious side.

For what it's worth, I think we'll push top 4 this year with the next 10 years set to be success filled.
Colyer is a young talent

Round One Team:

I never understand your posts... You seriously must be the only supporter out there who isn't hard for Colyer. The kid is pure gold. I don't know how he suddenly turned that corner, but it is firmly turned. Between him and Cooney, they have turned the side from being a little slow to being downright quick. And he even runs defensively!

I never understand your posts... You seriously must be the only supporter out there who isn't hard for Colyer. The kid is pure gold. I don't know how he suddenly turned that corner, but it is firmly turned. Between him and Cooney, they have turned the side from being a little slow to being downright quick. And he even runs defensively!

Colyer, whilst a massive improver, is still a butcher by foot and a terrible decision maker - regardless of pressure.

While he does run defensively - which is massively important - he is someone I believe needs to be pushed out of the side to increase our overall quality.

Colyer, whilst a massive improver, is still a butcher by foot and a terrible decision maker - regardless of pressure.

While he does run defensively - which is massively important - he is someone I believe needs to be pushed out of the side to increase our overall quality.

That's the reason he has improved so massively is because he is no longer a butcher and is a much better decision maker.

I don't seem him in defence much if at all.

Trav is doing it quite well but he's a front runner who is not much around the contest at all. I look at Fantasia as basically being everything you want Colyer to be, he just needs another 12 to 18 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back