List Mgmt. 2015 Best 22 - Rolling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know. Was a good front running game today.

Was not happy with the way Hawthorn ran the ball out of our attack with so much ease. It's certainly not all Travs fault but I reckon he worked back once.

The thing I like most about the team is the different gears were developing. Slightly different styles of play for different opponents based on their strengths and different ways of playing during a match.

I thought the set up in the middle of the ground was pretty good and prevented Hawthorn carving us up on the rebound when we lost control of the ball in our forward 50. Ultimately we probably just lacked the run required for it to have been a complete success, it was concerning that they ran away from us a lot.

Some of the forward play still really frustrates. There were a few occasions that we had the ball deep in defence for the best part of 30 seconds with one wing almost completely open with no options presenting to both provide relief to the defence and set up an attack down the wing. This is the sort of thing we really want from Ambrose (even more than the pulverizing tackles) and probably a Langford in addition to the bit of Carlisle that did it. For a guy with an engine like Ambrose's it's an easy way to win a lot of the ball and is particularly significant for the team.

Merrett (obviously), Gleeson and Ashby have to play every game possible now for mine.

We've invested heavily in older players, we need a balance. These guys are ready to play every week.
I'm not sure if I'd have Ashby in that category just yet.

I don't know if Fletcher is in our best 22. Didn't have him today and Hurley and Hooker were unstoppable.
I remember only 3 or 4 years ago when our defense looked non existent without him.

I don't know if Fletcher is in our best 22. Didn't have him today and Hurley and Hooker were unstoppable.
I remember only 3 or 4 years ago when our defense looked non existent without him.

still think Fletch is ahead of Gwilt.
Dempsey is still best 22, probably at the expense of Ashby.
players in the VFL will really need to string some good games together at the moment, if they want a game. good position to be in.

oh yeah, is there a place in the team for Kommer? Could he be one of the small forwards after Chappy and Licha retire?

Did Dempsey have a pre season injury?

Or is he just not making it into the 22 because of form (or lack of)?

Did Dempsey have a pre season injury?

Or is he just not making it into the 22 because of form (or lack of)?
Interrupted pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laverde an outside chance - Langford no.

Why do you say that? strictly based on body maturity?
Langford looked very comfortable in the VFL on the weekend whilst Laverde looked a bit frustrated and out of his comfort zone (+ struggled) if thats anything to go off

Right now I'd have;-

Fletch Hooker Baguley

Hibberd Hurley Gleeson

Z.Merrett Heppell Stanton

Goddard Carlisle Colyer

Ambrose Daniher Chapman

TBell Watson Melksham

Bench from: Myers Cooney Zakka
SUB: Winders

Can't fit everyone in - Howlett unlucky, as are Dempsey & Hocking unlucky and they all could push into the best 22 if they perform well.

Fantastic to see Dempsey finally back in. He is in our best 22 without doubt IMO. Only two players I can see and want walking back in, Cooney and Myers. Hams is one to miss and the other would be very unlucky. I do not want that job of finding someone to miss out.

I think Dempsey is still best 22 however Gleeson has been extremely good this year. Still very inexperienced but plays like a 70-100 gamer. Good 1 on 1 and hasnt been exposed whilst hes been cool, calm and collected with ball in hand.

Just think speed is important to us with hopefully Dempsey, Winderlich, Colyer and Cooney all zinging together at some point this year hopefully we get to see that.

Why do you say that? strictly based on body maturity?
Langford looked very comfortable in the VFL on the weekend whilst Laverde looked a bit frustrated and out of his comfort zone (+ struggled) if thats anything to go off

I am basing it on Nab Challenge - In saying that, Langford has been emergency every round, so is a monty to play against the Saints.

Anyway both will very VERY GOOD players.

I am basing it on Nab Challenge - In saying that, Langford has been emergency every round, so is a monty to play against the Saints.

Anyway both will very VERY GOOD players.

Laverde already has a football body yet Langford is ahead of him still

Remove this Banner Ad

Back