Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday. Considerable improvement on what we have seen. Starting to learn the role of a forward
he was terrible
couldnt read the flight of the ball, kept running underneath it.
wouldnt play in front
out of position all the time

Last edited:

From my observations, he didn't play in front. When he did he actually looked capable, but it was few and far in between.

I'll never forget his Port Adelaide game, where his ball use and leading, kicking for goal was really really encouraging. But he looked a mile off that yesterday.

Yeah his goalkicking was quite off yesterday. The one time he did play in front, he won a free kick right in front which led to, i think it was a goal? Cant remember if he kicked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my observations, he didn't play in front. When he did he actually looked capable, but it was few and far in between.

I'll never forget his Port Adelaide game, where his ball use and leading, kicking for goal was really really encouraging. But he looked a mile off that yesterday.
i fixed my spelling mistake

I like Hall, and I think he showed considerable talent. That marking attempt where he started spewing everywhere afterwards was crazy. If he got that mark, we'd be having a very different conversation. I just don't see how someone of J Hall's ability deserves a rookie upgrade.

Lynch played terribly yesterday, too. First game back against a team that finished 3rd last year - it's going to be a tough game.

OT: Is everything okay with Boston? Why was he rested?

My rd one side based on early season performances -

B: T. McKenzie / S. May / G. Broughton
HB: N. Malceski / R. Thompson / K. Kolodjashnij
C: J. Martin / J. O'Meara / J. Harbrow
HF: D. Prestia / T. Lynch / H. Bennell
F: T. Miller / S. Day / D. Stanley
R: Z. Smith / D. Swallow / G. Ablett
I/C: T. Nichols / M. Rischitelli / M. Hallahan
Sub: A. Sexton
E: B. Matera / J. Lonergan / J. Leslie

With Dicko out I feel we need to play the two ruckmen. If Lynchie is suspended we must play two ruckmen. Leslie to come in and May to go forward. Calling out for the May Day combo :) it's an emergency situation.
Saad would be in the side (or at least in the emergencies) if he was on the senior list.
Shaw and Matera disappointing to date. Shawry needs to run smarter not harder so he isn't stuffed by the time he get the ball and makes a poor decision/ disposal error.
Touk's forward pressure gets him a spot. Would love for Garlett to be in there but I think he needs to do a bit more.

Feck 2 ruckman.
6 touches to smith ZERO tackles and
4touches to Nicholls 3 tackles..
There both pretty hopeless around the ground and there tackling is non existent.
Play Smith and use Day as the second. Smiths at least capable of being a marking target
That way we can sneak Lemmens or Touk or Garlett as player 22

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Lemmens not make people's best 22? Immensely talented kid!
This is my Rd 1 side, not my best 22. Last year he had impressed enough to earn a spot, this year he still has another game or two to put his hand up. We have the depth now. Players need to really earn their spots. With another full season I think Lemmens will be a first team fixture as he has more weapons than Broughton but at the moment Greg's bigger body and cooler head gives him the nod.

Feck 2 ruckman.
6 touches to smith ZERO tackles and
4touches to Nicholls 3 tackles..
There both pretty hopeless around the ground and there tackling is non existent.
Play Smith and use Day as the second. Smiths at least capable of being a marking target
That way we can sneak Lemmens or Touk or Garlett as player 22
My reasoning for 2 ruckmen was that one tall target is not enough. We saw how difficult it was for Lynchie yesterday playing a lone hand. Imagine Sam Day as our sole tall target. God help us. I don't expect Zac or Tommy to kick a lot of goals but just to compete in the air and at least make the opposition think twice about where the ball is headed. Lynch was triple teamed all day. We also need back up in the ruck if Zac goes down.

Martin improved his fitness or looking like a sub candidate this year?

Strange_look.gif

If anyone's interested, we just launched a Best 22 online app here: http://gcsuns.com/GCBest22

Submit your best 22 for a chance to win a signed 2015 guernsey. We'll collate the responses before round one and reveal who the fans picked as their best 22.
This is awesome! Good work GCFC Digital !

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT, IT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA. I CAN'T DO IT, MAN, IT'S TOO HARD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back