Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think you might need to add Merrett into that backline. I rekon we will have a crack at him depending on how other trades pan out. I guess we would be his 1st choice if he leaves the Lions instead of heading interstate. Local boy after all.

B. May, Merrett, McKenzie
HB. Kolo, Thompson, Malceski

Getting way ahead of myself here, hope I don't jinx it but...

B: Mckenzie, May, Broughton
HB: Malceski, Thompson, Kolodjashnij
C: Bennell, Ablett, Swallow
HF: Christensen, Lynch, Martin
FF: Matera, Dixon, Day

R: Nicholls, Prestia, O'Meara

Int: Rischitelli, Harbrow, Stanley Sub: Shaw

184201_south_park_i_just_came_1.jpg

Getting way ahead of myself here, hope I don't jinx it but...

B: Mckenzie, May, Broughton
HB: Malceski, Thompson, Kolodjashnij
C: Bennell, Ablett, Swallow
HF: Christensen, Lynch, Martin
FF: Matera, Dixon, Day

R: Nicholls, Prestia, O'Meara

Int: Rischitelli, Harbrow, Stanley Sub: Shaw

Did you tell him you said that?

B: Sean Lemmens, Steven May, Clay Cameron

HB: Nick Malceski, Rory Thompson, David Swallow

C: Matthew Shaw, Gary Ablett, Jarrod Harbrow

HF: Harley Bennell, Tom Lynch, Jack Martin

F: Brandon Matera, Charlie Dixon, Sam Day

R: Tom Nicholls, Dion Prestia, Jaeger O'Meara

INT: Michael Rischitelli, Kade Kolodjashnij, Zac Smith, Danny Stanley

Depth: Sumner, Sexton, Russell, McKenzie, Taylor, Allen, A.Hall, Hutchins, Broughton, Boston, Osborne, J.Hall, Tape
Poor Jesse Lonergan can't even make the depth squad in any of the teams mentioned today... think he'll surprise a few next year.

B: Broughton, May, Tape
Hb: Malceski, Thompson, Kolodjashnij
C: Harbrow, Ablett, Bennell
HF: Stanley, Lynch, Martin
F: Matera, Dixon, Day
R: Nicholls, Swallow, O'Meara
Int: Prestia, Lonergan, McKenzie, Rischitelli

I'm sure I've missed someone?
Christensen ;)

Seriously though, I think Lemmens is close to top 22 form. Same with Shaw. So difficult to determine imo. Lots of borderlines.

Yeah it's hard to say but at this point in time I'd have Shaw over someone like Jesse. Its definitely a fine line, but from what both have shown so far, Shaw is more beneficial on the day. Although in saying that, I hope Lonergan can really assert himself this year, he's got all the things to do so. Let's hope he can get his body right

B: Broughton, May, Tape
Hb: Malceski, Thompson, Kolodjashnij
C: Harbrow, Ablett, Bennell
HF: Stanley, Lynch, Martin
R: Nicholls, Swallow, O'Meara
Int: Prestia, Lonergan, McKenzie, Rischitelli

I'm sure I've missed someone?
Pretty much around the mark. I don't have Shaw in my top 25 and with the possibility of Christensen and top draft picks, can't see that changing.

I've been recording all the GC Suns replays on Fox Footy and in the games that he's played, I've noticed Luke Russell having a real impact on the game. Any chance of him making the top 22?

I've been recording all the GC Suns replays on Fox Footy and in the games that he's played, I've noticed Luke Russell having a real impact on the game. Any chance of him making the top 22?

Agree. Perhaps its just a case of people forgetting about him because he hasnt played in a while? Where do we play him though? Half-Forward/Wing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Perhaps its just a case of people forgetting about him because he hasnt played in a while? Where do we play him though? Half-Forward/Wing?
Depending on Hall's recovering and preseason, he might take Hall's spot? As tough as it is to have to choose our top 22, it's so good to have so many people that COULD play every week. There are so many!

B: Kolodjashnij, Thompson, Broughton
HB: McKenzie, May, Malceski
C: Swallow, O'Meara, Harbrow
R: Nicholls, Ablett, Prestia
HF: Bennell, Lynch, Martin
I/C: Shaw, Rischitelli, Stanley
S: Lemmens

Could probably change around Shaw and Lemmens, but I'd say this is pretty right? Anyone I've forgotten?

Russell, Tape, Hall could all come in depending on the line-up of the other clubs?

B: Kolodjashnij, Thompson, Broughton
HB: McKenzie, May, Malceski
C: Swallow, O'Meara, Harbrow
R: Nicholls, Ablett, Prestia
HF: Bennell, Lynch, Martin
I/C: Stanley, Shaw, Rischitelli
S: Lemmens

Could probably change around Shaw and Lemmens, but I'd say this is pretty right? Anyone I've forgotten?

Looks perfect to me.

I'm still not sold on whether or not Zac or Tommy gets the nod

I'd almost be inclined to play both over Sam Day atm.

If Sammy doesn't show form next year its time for him to find it in the 2s. Not the end of the world but it will do him good.

If Sammy doesn't show form next year its time for him to find it in the 2s. Not the end of the world but it will do him good.

Agree. He has moments of brilliance. Enough to show he has what it takes. But for someone who is relatively injury free (I think) he needs to bring it out more often

Has Russell played forward before? Could he take Day's spot in the forward line should Day go to the 2s?

To be honest, I can't see a new coach keeping Day in the 1s every week if he's going to underperform. Then again, a new coach might actually make him regularly perform.

Has Russell played forward before? Could he take Day's spot in the forward line should Day go to the 2s?

To be honest, I can't see a new coach keeping Day in the 1s every week if he's going to underperform. Then again, a new coach might actually make him regularly perform.

Thats the exciting thing about us getting a new coach :p who knows!

Russell is an ok medium forward. Solid mark and set shot

Plays a bit like Risha when he goes forward. Can play semi tall AND small. Very solid through the core so works well at ground level. An injury free year will have us excited by him

Another hypothetical: Would Broughton and Tape be interchangeable depending on the oppositions forward line? Or is Tape not in the same league as others, skills-wise?

Another hypothetical: Would Broughton and Tape be interchangeable depending on the oppositions forward line? Or is Tape not in the same league as others, skills-wise?

I have Tape higher than Broughton on potential. But yeah, very interchangable. Tape can take the third tall pretty well

Lack of development was highlighted during the review. If we do spend coin, & extra coaching to address this, you'd expect some of the boys to improve dramatically. Russell, Sexton, Lonergan, Hall, Day, Gorringe maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back