Strategy 2015 best side

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I have been active posting best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board. Would love to get your thoughts on my Geelong BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but i believe it to be the best available

FULL BACKS: Jared Rivers ~ Tom Lonergan ~ Jed Bews
HALF BACKS: Andrew Macjie ~ Harry Taylor ~ Corey Enright

MIDFIELDERS:
Mitch Duncan ~ Joel Selwood ~ Cameron Guthrie
FOLLOWERS: Hamish McIntosh ~ Steve Johnson ~ Josh Caddy

HALF FORWARDS:
Jimmy Bartel ~ Mitch Clark ~ Matthew Stokes
FULL FORWARDS: Steven Motlop ~ Tom Hawkins ~ Jordan Murdoch

INTERCHANGE: James Kelly ~ George Horlin - Smith ~ Mark Blicavs
SUB: Darcy Lang

• The biggest change in the back line is a permanent spot for Jed Bews probably replacing James Kelly who moves to the interhchange. This needs to be seriously considered as the ageing Cats defence needs regeneration.
  • The midfield doesn't need much change. Guthrie the midfield tagger, Caddy the inside support for Selwood which leaves Duncan and Johnson as outside type midfielders.
  • I've picked a fit McIntosh as the number one ruck. There's some depth in the wings but with Simpson, Vardy, Stanley, Lucey and Read all in the VFL. I've got no doubt some of these guys will be looked at as KPD to fill holes in the future senior back line. There is the potential rucking of Clark at CHF and Blicavs off the bench as well
  • Mitch Clark I can see having a big impact at Geelong as that permanent CHF that you missed in 2014 without Podsiadly. Josh Walker and Shane Kersten were tested at CHF during 2014 and I like how Walker went at the task but Clark is a much safer bet.
  • I've added Darcy Lang to the 22 as that outside speed that's been lost with Christensen and Varcoe traded during the trade period.

Great job getgaff

I think that's pretty much how we will line up in round 1 aswell. The only exception will probably be that Cockatoo will come in for Murdoch and someone like H-S will be the sub IMO. Murdoch's form through the NAB cup has been concerning and whilst I'm not a big believer in placing too much emphasis on pre-season form, it seems pretty clear that both Lang and Cockatoo have more to offer the team right now.

I've read through alot of your best 22's and you've done a great job with all of them mate.

I think that it may be missing a player but I just cannot put my finger on who it is?

5791129443_46c5934b76_b.jpg

Look at the nice birdie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back