BigFooty Official 2015 Big Footy Phantom Draft (Trial Run)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry lads just been doing dinner

Pick #70 - Sydney - Josh Schoenfield 186cm 75kg Peel Thunder

WA didn't have a great deal to offer at champs but this bloke impressed me quite a bit. Classic 'at them' footballer, always on the run, sweeping the packs and breaking the lines and good on both sides of the body from what I could tell. He has the potential to develop into a very good AFL wingmen, just needs to find it a bit more but has the size and the dash to make a name for himself. Fairly smart and also fairly calm in possession, had vision and not caught blind-sided like many of his team mates. Would like to see more of him and would be a good fit at the swans to compliment some more dash down the wings as they have plenty of inside types but need a bit more depth on the outside. Not seen enough of his overhead marking game but did take a few reasonable grabs at the champs, more purely from good reading of the play. Runs AFL lines, so will watch his progress with interest.

# 71. West Coast- Jack Watson. 191 Cm 81 kg. Swan Districts. Defender.

Dashing rebounding defender who attacks the ball hard, loves a contest and has a touch of agro about the way he plays. He is well regarded by the brains trust at Bassendean and they speak very highly of him. They also think that he has some positional versatility to him that we haven't seen to date due to his injuries.
Yes he has a had several niggling injuries that have hampered his development and performances thus far. However I always like to mull over the kids that have had some injury setbacks as you are often able to pick a potential gem from that list. The kid has some serious upside. At this juncture in the mock I am happy to take him on board.

In the real deal he may well be a rookie but the kid has some talent, we just need to see him fully fit for a sustained period.

Chris25 your up mate.

There are two players I want, and I'm pretty sure the second will be gone by my next pick. But I'm continuing with my plan of taking players who missed the Championships anyway...

Pick 72 Fremantle - Liam Jeffs (192cm, 78kg from Eastern Ranges)

Same story as my last pick Aidyn Johnson, Jeffs was quite highly rated coming into 2015 but injured his knee earlier in the season and missed the Championships. He'd have been a really interesting player to watch, might have made Metro more competitive too. Jeffs is a midfielder who can play forward, not the other way around. These are his words, not mine, but he says he models his game on David Mundy and Nat Fyfe. His kicking can be a little Fyfe like at times, but that's probably where the comparison ends. Once he puts on some more weight and really plays to his height, he'll be a better player. Lots to work with though.

Pick 73 - Brisbane

Brayden Hackett

I am happy to go another round and will throw out a bit of a smokey. I will say that I have to have a look at more vision of him but I was impressed with him live. He worked really hard for WA covered a lot of ground and put in where others were mailing it in.

There is nothing to him and I believe the weight of 69kgs that he is listed at. Nws that he throws himself into contest and as he develops I can see him really being a factor both inside and out. He is a bit of a cross between Z Merrett and Lewis Taylor.

There are two players I want, and I'm pretty sure the second will be gone by my next pick. But I'm continuing with my plan of taking players who missed the Championships anyway...

Pick 72 Fremantle - Liam Jeffs (192cm, 78kg from Eastern Ranges)

Same story as my last pick Aidyn Johnson, Jeffs was quite highly rated coming into 2015 but injured his knee earlier in the season and missed the Championships. He'd have been a really interesting player to watch, might have made Metro more competitive too. Jeffs is a midfielder who can play forward, not the other way around. These are his words, not mine, but he says he models his game on David Mundy and Nat Fyfe. His kicking can be a little Fyfe like at times, but that's probably where the comparison ends. Once he puts on some more weight and really plays to his height, he'll be a better player. Lots to work with though.

Jeffs is a very good pick up for a forgotten player through injury. After being a key forward most of his junior career he only started playing midfield in the U16s, he played some really good games last year for a skinny bottom aged mid. He also had a foot injury earlier in the season when he didn't seem to be the same player, after getting over that he then did his knee. I am told he will return in the next game for Eastern, lets hope he can impress in these late season games and finals.

Jeffs is a very good pick up for a forgotten player through injury. After being a key forward most of his junior career he only started playing midfield in the U16s, he played some really good games last year for a skinny bottom aged mid. He also had a foot injury earlier in the season when he didn't seem to be the same player, after getting over that he then did his knee. I am told he will return in the next game for Eastern, lets hope he can impress in these late season games and finals.

Yep agree
Chris25 he was in the mix for my Hanson pick. I thought he would sneak through.

Yep agree
Chris25 he was in the mix for my Hanson pick. I thought he would sneak through.

Good to hear I stole him off someone. I like the Hanson pick too, he featured in my draft last year after his performances down in Tasmania. He's on my board this year too, he's getting better every week it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been in Contact with Jonenb who asked me to post his selection for him.

Melbourne. Bailey Rogers . 183 cm 77 kg. Claremont. Midfielder.

The last few years he has played in the shadows of Waterman and Hardisty ( both at Claremont and with Marist ) but with them both having been drafted last year Rogers has has had an opportunity to shine and shine he has done for the Claremont Colts. He is a tough and effective inside midfielder, good by both hand and foot and some down at Claremont think he is a better player that Waterman and Hardisty. Rogers form guide in the Colts got him noticed and he played in the recent Championships. In what was a relatively week WA side Rogers was one of the better performers. He is a player that will be worth monitoring in the second have of the Colts season, given he plays for Claremont ( who are currently top of the Colts ladder ) it will be interesting to see how he plays in the finals. Whilst he is a inside mid he can also play the outside role as well. Rogers has beefed up his possession count this season and is averaging 23 possessions a game. The kid has a good work ethic and it would not be surprising to seem him drafted either late in the National or secure a Rookie spot.

foj1 your up.

Essendon Daniel Rioli 179cm small forward/onballer
Essendon lack a true small forward. I am not sure the young fella can make an impact next year but he is quick and he is clever and represents good value here.
I considered two small forwards at vfl level who were anastasio and Gallucci but I have gone for the pedigree pick ........ For now

Kovacevic is still on the board Foj1 ;)

Shhh
There could be only 80 rotations next year. Can Mark really handle running at that level of endurance?
I would be targeting Daniel Currie or Matthew Leunberger with Bellchambers and McKernan as ruck choices.

There could be only 80 rotations next year. Can Mark really handle running at that level of endurance?
I would be targeting Daniel Currie or Matthew Leunberger with Bellchambers and McKernan as ruck choices.

Lol , if the afl decide to lower rotations , while simultaneously contemplating what rule change to enact to combat skyrocketing stoppages they should be lined up and shot.

Anyone sensing I want to find the next Dane Swan?

#68 - Collingwood - Kieran Malone (VIC - MID/FWD)
Height: 185cm, Weight: 83kg, DOB: 16/02/1997
Recruited from: Northern Knights

Malone had the big eye-raising 32 kick, 20 handball, 4 goal, 285 supercoach point game v Dandenong a month and a half ago now.

Malone is a natural footballer. Not quick, agile, his endurance is ordinary and a year back only managed a level 11 beep. So put plainly. He'll need to work on his running.

But accumulating, being in the right position, winning his own ball, finding the spaces left behind to take marks, hitting the scoreboard. It's easy for this guy and in a good football program where he can build his endurance up and he can be as good as he wants to be.

By making this selection I'm backing Malone in to have a monster second half of the season and continue the upward growth in his game. With the improvement of his numbers and general upward trend in addition to his production playing a big part of this selection.

Anyone sensing I want to find the next Dane Swan?

#68 - Collingwood - Kieran Malone (VIC - MID/FWD)
Height: 185cm, Weight: 83kg, DOB: 16/02/1997
Recruited from: Northern Knights

Malone had the big eye-raising 32 kick, 20 handball, 4 goal, 285 supercoach point game v Dandenong a month and a half ago now.

Malone is a natural footballer. Not quick, agile, his endurance is ordinary and a year back only managed a level 11 beep. So put plainly. He'll need to work on his running.

But accumulating, being in the right position, winning his own ball, finding the spaces left behind to take marks, hitting the scoreboard. It's easy for this guy and in a good football program where he can build his endurance up and he can be as good as he wants to be.

By making this selection I'm backing Malone in to have a monster second half of the season and continue the upward growth in his game. With the improvement of his numbers and general upward trend in addition to his production playing a big part of this selection.
How are his tattoo stats though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back