Fantasy 2015 BigFooty Mock Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules
•Commences ASAP (as soon as superfreak starts us off).
•Only post your selection, all discussion to be posted in the discussion thread.
•When drafting, please post the name of the player, his position, his school, and a picture of the player.
•Make sure to tag the next person on the clock in your post.
Then click on the spreadsheet link and update the spreadsheet, it will automatically save and update.
•Each person has 8 hours to make their pick from when they are on the clock. NB: the deadline between picks may be varied at my discretion.
•If you do not make your pick within the time you will be auto-picked. The BPA will be selected from a consensus view in the discussion thread.
•If you don't think you can make your pick send me a preference list.
•Only trades involving picks for picks is allowed.
•If an NFL trade occurs, our draft board will be adjusted only for picks not yet selected.
•Aiming for a seven round comprehensive draft, but will play by ear when we reach the later rounds.
•Compensatory selections cannot be traded.

Helpful Links
http://walterfootball.com/
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft
http://www.drafttek.com/default.asp

Trades

To be inserted.

Draft spreadsheet

MOCK DRAFT SPREADSHEET LINK

WITH THE FIRST PICK IN THE 2015 NFL DRAFT, THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS SELECT…

MARCUS MARIOTA, QB, OREGON

Mariota-Heisman.jpg

To be honest, I nearly changed my mind and took James Winston (I'm happy with either!), but I've declared Mariota as my preferred pick a few months back and a sticking to it. I am comfortable with Mike Glennon starting for the next year or so and allowing Mariota to sit back and develop the areas that he needs to improve. He has shown already that he is a fast learner having red-shirted at Oregon then stepping in and taking the offense to a new level in 2013/14 and 14/15 and his protection of the ball is an area that I feel our coaching staff rank highly.
Our off-season moves of cutting high-priced, underachieving free agents, along with our restrained spending compared with previous years suggest we are looking to build via the draft and aren't in 'win now' mode or looking for a quick fix. Granted Jamies is the better QB right now, but the draft is a futures market and I believe that give the right amount of time to sit and learn, that down the track Mariota could be special.

The Tennessee Titans and Striker475 are now on the clock...

Last edited:
TEN selects Leonard Williams, DE, USC

Williams gives the Titans both an amazing player and an identity again. Struggling for years with loss of talent on both sides of the ball, the Titans taking Williams shows a commitment to the defensive line and an acquisition that could compete in a couple of years with JJ Watt as the best defensive player in football.

Last edited:

With the fourth pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Amari Cooper, wide receiver, Alabama.

120214-CFB-Amari-Cooper-of-the-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-PI.jpg

The Raiders have needed a wideout after not landing the highly coveted Randall Cobb in free agency, then seemingly showing no interest in any of the other wideouts on the market, including Torrey Smith and Jeremy Maclin. Multiple sources have also indicated to me that Cooper is ahead of Kevin White (post-combine) on the Raiders draft board. Cooper will give Derek Carr a much needed go-to guy in the passing game.

Chadwiko you're on the clock.

With the fifth pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Washington Redskins select...

Vic Beasley, linebacker, Clemson University

6_1212701.jpg

Vic Beasley
is, simply put, a beast. A dangerous and athletic pass rusher, Beasley checks in at 6'3 and 246 lbs, and registered the fastest 40 yard dash at the combine with a blazing 4.53. Beasley was a force to be reckoned with at Clemson, and made a home in opposition backfields. He demonstrated that he legitimately possesses three bonafide pass rush moves -swim/dip, spin, and speed rush-, and numerous scouts have referred to Beasley as "the most polished pass rusher" in the draft.

Landing in the nations capital, Beasley will slot right into the gap left by Brian Orakpo's departure to the Titans in free agency. And as strange as it sounds, Beasley will likely be an immediate upgrade over Orakpo, who was a 3 time pro bowler. The additions of Beasley in the draft, and Terrance Knighton and Stephen Paea in free agency, will give the Redskins arguably the best front 7 in the entire NFC East, when combined with Ryan Kerrigan, Jason Hatcher, and under-rated linebacker Keenan Robinson. The Redskins addressed their secondary via free agency as well with the addition of talented corner Chris Culliver, and promising young safety Jeron Johnson. In the space of one offseason, new Washington General Manager Scot McCloughan will have totally changed the identity of this Redskins team.

Redskins fans everywhere should be ecstatic that Beasley will be causing havoc to NFC East opponents for years to come.

Dixie Flatline is on the clock

Jameis Winston - QB - FSU

Jameis-Winston-crab-legs-face.jpg

As I noted in the other thread, had Beasley slipped past the Redskins to the Jets, I would have metaphorically raced to the podium to turn in his card.

But with Beasley off the board, I needed to reconsider my approach to the draft. To be honest, I agonised for a few hours over this pick. I considered other pass-rushers still available at the time of making my pick, together with some wide receivers to help bolster an improving receiving corps.

The Jets made an off-season trade to bring in Ryan "Fitzmagic" Fitzpatrick to be the grizzled veteran QB in the locker-room, as well as to provide some genuine competition in training camp that Vick was unable to provide last season.

But while Geno Smith impressed mightily in throwing an essentially perfect game against the Dolphins in the last regular season game (and Rex Ryan's last game in charge of the Jets) as an "FU" to his coaches, it's fair to say that Smith has not grasped the nettle with both hands.

Winston is probably the most pro-ready of QBs in the draft. He's capable of making all the throws (see below for a gif of Winston throwing deep against Maryland) and multiple people came away from the combine impressed with Winston's football IQ, comparing it to that of Peyton Manning.

JameisWinstonDeep.gif

Winston also appears to have the necessary physical skills to be a successful pocket passer in the NFL. He measured at 6'4" and 231lbs, so has the height to see over his offensive linemen into the passing lanes, and the weight to absorb the hits he'll receive from blitzers who would love to swallow him whole. Unlike Mariota (off the board at #1), Winston doesn't display much agility, recording a plodding 4.97 seconds in the 40 yard dash and 7.16 seconds in the three cone drill at the Combine.

Winston leaves FSU with a 26-1 record as a starter, making him the only QB in college football to go 26-0 in his first 26 starts. He also threw for at least one touchdown in every game of his collegiate career, throwing 65 touchdowns in 27 career games.

Winston won the 2013 Heisman Trophy and was a semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien Award and the Walter Camp Player of the Year award in 2014.

Winston is also a dual sportsman, being drafted in the 16th round (486th overall) by the Texas Rangers in the 2012 Major League Baseball amateur draft. From memory, I believe the Rangers still hold his draft rights. Winston played two seasons with the Seminoles' baseball team, and was usually used out of the bullpen as a closer, posting 1.08 ERA.

Of course, Winston is notorious for his off-field exploits, and the Jets needed to undertake a lot of due diligence into his background. Most troubling, of course, was the investigation into a complaint made against Winston in 2013 of sexual assault against an FSU student in December 2012. The investigation was closed without charges being filed. Winston was also stopped by police at gunpoint and investigated for reported $4,200 damage to an apartment complex stemming from a BB gun fight in November 2012. He was also cited for shoplifting crablegs from a Tallahassee grocery store in April 2014, and he was suspended from a game against Clemson in September last year after shouting an obscene phrase while inside the FSU student union building.

Winston has the ability to scan the field and go through his progressions in a timely and smooth fashion, and has the NFL arm to make the throws. He achieves full extension and has the capacity to drive the ball into the seam in front of safeties. He shows awareness in the pocket but does not have "happy feet". He shows faith in his wide receivers and will often throw to a receiver who has dropped a pass. He's a fierce competitor and will make throws that other QBs won't dare.

However, one can't go past the fact that Winston throw an enormous number of interceptions in his second season as a starter at FSU. While some of those interceptions could be put down to the fact that he wasn't surrounded by particularly good receiving talent, some of the interceptions were clearly the result of poor decision-making. His predilection for making the tough throws means he also makes throws into impossible windows as opposed to the safe throw underneath.

Winston also possesses a long windeup and release, which allows quick defenders to make plays to divert his plays. He struggled particularly with the intermediate passing game in 2014, completing just 56.8% of his passes while throwing 11 interceptions. If he's flushed from the pocket, his capacity to make good decisions drops significantly and he lacks the athleticism that other QBs possess to extend plays for long when outside the pocket.

In some ways, he compares with Byron Leftwich in terms of his wind-up delivery and poor athletic ability outside the pocket, but he also compares well with Eli Manning in terms of arm strength and decision-making.

New York has chewed up and spat out QBs at a rate of knots, and if Winston doesn't make the adjustment to the NFL quickly (when thrown into a game) he'll also be chewed up and spat out just as quick as some of his predecessors. His confidence could be mistaken for arrogance (especially if he plays poorly) but the Jets have essentially been crying out for a true franchise quarterback since the days of Broadway Joe. Winston has the moxie to be that franchise QB for the Jets, but it's a high-risk, high-reward decision to take him with this pick.

Last edited:
With pick 7 Da Bears select:

Danny Shelton - DT - Washington

Danny-Shelton-vs-EWU.jpg

The Bears need to shore up their defence and quickly. Switching to a 3-4 this season requires a true NT and Danny Shelton is a mountain of a man at 6-2 and 339 pounds he already has the size to man the middle of the line. A lot of similarities to Vince Wilfork and if he can provide a similar push up the middle and disrupt the pocket like he has in college then the outside rushers of the Bears will cash in.

drd23 and the Falcons are on the clock.

With Pick 8, the Atlanta Falcons select

Bud Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky

The lack of a pass rush has been an issue in ATL for a couple of years now, and this pick is as good as any to address that with. Dupree possesses excellent athletic ability, with measurables that indicate he could well develop into one of the top pass rushers in this league.

Dagless is up

With Pick 9, the New York Giants select

Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska

Step 1: Be the Giants, and take a pass rusher
Step 2: Be the Giants, and take the BPA left on your board
Step 3: Take Gregory

A bit on the small side for a projected 4-3 RDE, he showed his agility and athleticism at his pro day better than the Combine, and his body could handle a bit more of the chunk required by a typical DE. Physical potential high even if he isn't a natural yet skill-wise. A lot like JPP in that regard, who had a dream physique without the technique. Would want to add another 15 pounds pretty quickly or else he will be overpowered at the position.

Blacky

Last edited:
With the 11th pick in the 2015 NFL draft the Minnesota Vikings select:

Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St

upload_2015-3-23_10-55-5.jpeg

Waynes is the BPA available on my big board and fills a much needed hole in the Vikings defensive backfield.

Chris25

Pick 12 Cleveland Browns

DeVante Parker - Wide Receiver - Louisville

devante-parker.jpg

Cleveland have been on record as saying they believe wide receivers can be found in later rounds, and there is no better example of that then overlooking many receivers in the draft last year. But we've also got work outs scheduled with the big 3 this year in Parker, White and Cooper. So I think Ray Farmer has had a change of heart. I can't imagine him overpaying for someone, but should one of those three be available, then I can see him making the pick.

DeVante Parker is probably the least 'fashionable' of the big three, but that's just fine with me. Since 2012, he has been credited with just three drops. Greg Little was averaging three drops a game when he was at the Browns. Parker doesn't have the pure straight line speed that others possess, but he makes plays consistently and can pull down contested grabs like no other. Pretty much what I want from a #1 receiver.

There were plenty of offensive linesmen on the board, and some really good ones. But they'll be available later. Whereas, I don't think any other receiver is worth a first round pick and few would be on my board in the second round either. So I'll grab one of the top prospects now while I can.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Pick #13 in the 2015 NFL draft the New Orleans Aints select

Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
Shane.jpg

The Aints need pressure and this guy will help with that. Has question marks over his "Small hips" but that's what weights are for right?

Mad Prophet you are up sir.

Pick 14 for the Miami Dolphins

Brandon Scherff - Iowa - G/OT

scherff2.jpg

Was hoping one of the WR's or Waynes would drop, but they didn't, so made this a bit tougher. Flipped between a bunch of players quite a few times. Honestly don't think there is enough value at this point with some of the areas that the Phins really need.

Ended up going with the not-so-sexy pick in Scheff. Will fill a need in at guard for years to come, with hopefully a Zach Martin type effect for Miami. A powerful man, Scherff was a leader at Iowa and is considered the top offensive lineman in this years draft.

TennisPlayerAndy

Last edited:
With Pick 16 in the 2015 NFL draft the HOUSTON TEXANS select :

ERIC KENDRICKS (ILB), UCLA

6'0
232 lbs
Eric-Kendricks-2.jpg

Houston needs both OLB's and ILB's, we address the ILB position with the best one in this draft. He provides much needed help for Brian Cushing. With the Wilfork signing and drafting this kid it should help to balance a pretty formidable defence.

The brother of Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks, Eric Kendricks won the Butkus Award and Lott Trophy. He was the school's all-time leading tackler with 481 and set a school record with 11 games with double-digit tackles.

catters078 you're up

Last edited:
With Pick 17 in the 2015 NFL draft the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS select :

MALCOM BROWN, DT, TEXAS

The Chargers could use upgrades at quite a few positions so with that in mind we're going to go with the best player available and further enhance the defensive line. Brown is a big 319 pounds who can be disruptive on any play and is very hard to take on man to man but he is also a decent run blocker who shows a lot of discipline and makes the right choices. Brown finished his junior season with 71 tackles, 13 for a loss and 6.5 sacks. Impressive numbers for a big interior lineman.

TheGreatBarryB

Last edited:
With pick 18 in the 2015 NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select

La'el Collins - LSU - OL

upload_2015-3-24_19-18-23.jpeg

Like a lot of teams, plenty of holes to fill. They've brought in a couple of guards in Grubbs and Fanaika but still hole at RT. A couple of linemen in final year of contract as well and jury still out on Fisher at LT. Collins can play RT or LT (if Fisher doesn't improve) or guard.

Maclin will help at WR but they need another and CB Sean Smith is in final contract year. But these positions go deep in this draft so can get help in later rounds.

Chris25 you're up mate

With the 19th pick in the 2015 Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select.

Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

Andrus-Peat-09152012-DB-174.jpg

The Jags are going all in to build the offensive line they need to give their quarterback the best chance over a long period of time to succeed. The Jags have Great future receiving weapons in Lee, Robinson and Hurns and new Tight end Julius Thomas. If that offensive line can protect Bortles then he can find his weapons and this young group can grow to be a powerhouse.

Taken a big risk by giving up a 3rd and 5th round pick to be able to move from 36 to 19, But this team needs to add elite talent up front. (look at how the cowboys have turned it around).

at 6'6 and 313 pounds, running a 5.18 40 yard dash Peat is a massive athlete with long arms and speed.

He is a protypical size and frame, with the quickness and arm length to play left tackle and succeed in the NFL. He succeeded playing left tackle in a pro style offense at stanford.

He needs to work on run blocking, but his pass protection at left tackle is as good as any prospect in draft.

By drafting Peat, The Jags can move Luke Joekel to the more suitable Right tackle and use free agent signing Jeremy Parnell to work with Peat at left Guard and left tackle.

(Dont forget the jags have to play the defensive front of Clowney-Wilfork-Watt twice a year..cant let bortles become bradford now can we)

With the 21st pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select:

DT Eddie Goldman, 6'4, 336, Florida St. Seminoles

0ap3000000399627.jpg

The Bengals need additional talent on the line, and Goldman will solidify an already fairly strong Defensive Line. Goldman's weakness is his ability to get to the quarterback, but it doesn't need to be a strength as the Bengals other three starting linemen are all capable pass rushers. Goldman's value comes in his ability to not only take up space, but shed blocks at the LOS and make plays in run defense. He does have some pass rush skills, has six sacks the last two seasons, so there is still potential to tap with good coaching.

He's a chiselled 336lbs, so he's definitely more than a guy there to take up space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back