• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
See the Thread Directory or the Honors Roll for existing Hall of Famers.

----------------

How do I vote?
It's multiple choice voting, all votes visible, you can change your votes. But you only have 5 votes to use, like a 5-4-3-2-1, to give to those that you deem most deserving of being recognized as HOF'ers. Do not vote for oneself, such votes will be stricken.

What constitutes a HOF'er?
It can be someone who participated a lot to the board years ago, then disappeared. It can be someone who has continued posting for many years, tho at a smaller rate. It can be someone who ran comps, games, or started features/ideas that are standard in today's board. It can be someone who has been a regular participator in annual tipping, fantasy, and other activities. A variety of factors including participation, quality/quantity, influence, peer respect, etc.

How are the nominees chosen every year?
Starting from year dot, the board mod collected names as they appeared chronologically on the board -- and every year adds new names as they appear. At his discretion, the board mod then selects 10 or so people from that entire list to reach this candidate voting stage.

Why haven't I been nominated yet?
The process of collecting names is currently up to the completion of the 2008/09 season. Compiling names for the year ends at the Super Bowl thread of that season. Deserving newer members will be recognized in due time, as the process continues into the following years of board activity.

What is the process of electing HOF'ers?
A candidate list of 10 or so names is presented for voting on by board members. The poll is open for about two or so months. From the top vote-getters, the board mod will induct 2+ persons into the HOF. There may also be a separate Veterans List which the board mod may choose 1 person from to induct. The Veterans List consists of people who contributed many years ago, no longer active, and may also include people who have previously failed to be inducted after being a HOF candidate multiple times.

If I fail at the nomination stage, can I be re-nominated in future years?
Yes. Nominees who missed out reaching the candidate stage, and people who lost out in the candidate voting stage, are always eligible for future nominations.

------------------

HOF CANDIDATES

11sjw (first nomination)
arakaan (second nomination)
Burningleviathan (first nomination)
camsmith (third nomination)
Cassius_Clay (third nomination)
catters078 (first nomination)
Chism (first nomination)
Dirty Bird (second nomination)
Galactic (second nomination)
GeeCats07 (second nomination)
greennick (first nomination)
larkis (second nomination)
Marklar_33 (second nomination)
matt_897 (first nomination)
Moo (first nomination)
neddy36 (first nomination)
Oscarman (first nomination)
sblack (first nomination)
Southerntakeover (second nomination)
superfreak (first nomination)
wce_all_da_way (third nomination)
Wizard (fourth nomination)

The list of 2015 HOF Nominees has been selected.

The voting booth is now open.

Advisable if you're unfamiliar with any people to click on their names and learn a bit about them.

For instance, Greennick will seem like a who??? but he was an incredibly active and great poster thru the years up to 2011 or so, before dropping off :(

Many of the others you'd be familiar with, as they're still active.

Oh I didn't expect to be there. There's many more worthy names on this list and as more names become eligible they'll jump the queue ahead of me. It was a (poorly executed?) joke hinting that the only way I'll make it is the seniors entry like the NFL HoF once I've missed the initial boat :D - but I appreciate those who thought otherwise.

Oh I didn't expect to be there. There's many more worthy names on this list and as more names become eligible they'll jump the queue ahead of me. It was a (poorly executed?) joke hinting that the only way I'll make it is the seniors entry like the NFL HoF once I've missed the initial boat :D - but I appreciate those who thought otherwise.
trey junkin wont ever make the hof

Might be worth a little blurb on each of these people so we know who the * they are when we're voting on this popularity contest of who we like, and who we don't value anywhere near as much.

As I said on Sunday, I can't believed openly telling people that they aren't valued posters is sanctioned by a mod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That alleged 'joke' was old the second time you used it.

Cmon man im just teasing ya. I really dont understand your tirade against board badges. And ive never said or made anyone feel like theyre unimportant. Lighten up a little. Realize these board badges are just to reward activity (all of them)

I don't have a problem with board badges for things like winning AE or the higher profile fantasy comps - I do have a problem with "participation awards", and do have a problem with "Halls of Fame" that differentiate between "HOFers" and really good posters who, for whatever reason are ignored.

I'll troll the hell out of noobs who don't respect or understand the community and expect it to conform to them. But I try not to make any of the long term posters feel that they aren't valued.

And it's not about whether you make people feel unimportant, cos the voters get a big say in that too. Great posters not being "nominated" is only 50% of the issue - the other 50% of the issue is the people who are nominated, some of whom will be told very publicly that their contributions aren't valued as highly as others.

I don't necessarily stand for inclusion at all costs on a board like this - but I do stand for a sense of community. And elevating some posters "above" others is contrary to that.

But apparently I'm one out on that, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

wtf
how the hell does arakaan and larkis have more votes than me.
And how is sblack equal with me.

I know the quality is too good to get into the HoF this year.
But them getting the votes they did?

All it is is a popularity contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back