2015 Breakout player predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last year Sutcliffe broke out imo, who will be the one in 2015 to either break into the side or take the game to the next level? Obviously I think Crozier will, but also think that Suban is ready to make a name for himself. From all reports he has had a great pre season and is ready to step it up.

I'd like Tabs to be a forward who is rotated up the wing. Richo style.

We could have Croz and Hill as the starting wings, with Tabs and Sonny on the forward flanks, and rotate them forward/wing. D.Pearce on the bench as this will be hard running roles, and they will need a breather frequently. Pav at CHF, Sandi or Apeness at FF, Ballas in one pocket, and a resting mid (Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy/Crowls/Neale) drifting up. Looks to be a cracker this season. Hopefully we can keep close to our best 22 on the park for most of it.

Deboer and Clancy. Both are spending more time in the guts, and both are capable of rotating through other positions. Think they both do their best work in the midfield.

I think Crozier and Tabs will be this years breakout players.

Would love it to be Morabito.

What i'm hoping for though is for Hill to take it to the next level. IMO Hill has the potential to be our best player by far. His skills are second to none. The only thing he is missing is the sheer will to dominate that Fyfe has.

I think Crozier and Tabs will be this years breakout players.

Would love it to be Morabito.

What i'm hoping for though is for Hill to take it to the next level. IMO Hill has the potential to be our best player by far. His skills are second to none. The only thing he is missing is the sheer will to dominate that Fyfe has.

This would make our team so dangerous. Trying to tag Hill and Fyfe would cause major problems and if Mundy was firing in the middle someone would tear the opposition apart.

Make or break year for Tommy Sheridan imo.

I would hate to think he was a first draft pick that could not step up and be influencial in the AFL. I hope he turns into at least a b grade player but am not confident. Not sure if Freo would get much for him come draft time. Maybe a second round upgrade at best.

A few to look at, most mentioned and pretty obvious really.

Crozier - needs to cement his spot in the first 18, think he will and perform really well.
Sheridan - would love to see him push out a guy like Pearce. Not totally sure this is hs year to do it, one year away IMO.
Clancee - is he a regular or not? Pretty confident we can see Clancee of a couple years ago as he seems to have had a solid pre-season.
DeBoer - same as above really. I'm not 100% sure that he is good enough to be a regular in this side unless he plays solid midfield minutes, i don't think he is high enough in the rotation.
Suban - has he maxed out or is there room to move? This discussion comes up every year at the moment, personally i think what you see is what you get with Subes.

So inconclusion my pick to break out is Crozier and i think Clancee rediscovers his form from years gone by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

146369-matthew-kreuzer.jpg

oops wrong meaning of the term :p

for you guys,
Crozier looks a lock, but I think Taberner will take big steps forward this year.

Can't disagree with Crozier and Tabs, they've been able to establish themselves within the squad and are now at that point where they can really launch their careers.

And like Lach72 I'm looking forward to what Son Son can come up with this year, best small forward in the comp I'd say was a given.

I don't think Sutcliffe had breakout last year, that goes to Lachie Neale.

Sutty WILL do so this year. Not many opposition club supporters know who Sutty is. By the end of this year, they will.

Other then that, would love for Tabs to go big

There will be absolutely no question that Walters is the best small forward in the league by the end of this season.

Crozier is going to cement his spot in the 22 and give us some extra X factor.

Tabs will take a step up but wont meet people expectations until next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back