2015 Brisbane Lions Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies, Lions set to battle in Round 1

THE tense tug of war between Brisbane and Collingwood over midfielder Dayne Beams is set to erupt in Round 1 next year with the clubs poised to meet in a Gabba blockbuster. The 2015 fixture has not been finalised but a Lions-Magpies clash has been pencilled in for Saturday, April 4. Brisbane have had a mortgage on the Easter Thursday timeslot for a number of years.

As compensation for losing their one ‘‘blockbuster’’ timeslot, the AFL has offered to send a crowd-pulling club to the Gabba for Brisbane’s season-opener.
The tentative fixture was in place before Brisbane and Collingwood entered into trade talks for Beams. If it goes ahead, it will have all the build-up of a final given the rising tensions between the clubs.

Should be a decent turnout. Hopefully I can make it across and we can get a win.

I'll be dragging my girlfriend and league-loving friends along to this game. This will be completely crazy. 30k+ crazy supporters in what will most likely be a very close game.

I'd even consider skipping the Suns game if it were on at the same time. Love Brisbane vs Pies games.

I'll be dragging my girlfriend and league-loving friends along to this game. This will be completely crazy. 30k+ crazy supporters in what will most likely be a very close game.

I'd even consider skipping the Suns game if it were on at the same time. Love Brisbane vs Pies games.
Don't lie, you are really just a closet Lions supporter...sign up ;)

Return of the real jumper, playing against our biggest rivals, would be surprised if we don't get over 30k if it does eventuate.

Return of the Lion, against the Pies, after an off season getting Beams into the team.. should be 35k+

Don't forget the real lion, guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Rd1 vs Pies, Easter long weekend.. hopefully a Saturday twilight. May be the biggest crowd in many years!

Now watch the NRL schedule a Broncos vs. main rival on the same night.. :rolleyes:

Roar play at Suncorp on the Easter Thu night. Broncos played away on Good Friday this year so possibe they could play at home next year.

Don't think we've ever had 40k at the gabba before ;)
I think our best was 37k. Interesting thing is, the Gabba is listed as a capacity of 42k but I have never seen it above about 37-38k for any sporting event. Makes me wonder whether it's actually 42k, or whether the extra seats are poorly placed behind the bench or the scoreboards and nobody sits there.

But, to the subject matter, thrilled to have Bundy and Beams. I haven't been this excited about going to a game since the 2009 Elimination Final. 70 point win though please, let's humiliate the Eddie McGagpies. Not just for us, but for Qld/NSW clubs everywhere!

I can not wait for the Round 1 blockbuster vs. the Magpies. It will be a big build up and I can't wait to head to the Gabba and watch the boys smash the Pies. All of the boys will be working extremely hard in the pre season in an attempt to secure a spot for Round 1 knowing how big a game it will be:thumbsu:

AFL Fixture 2015 ROUND 1:
ROUND 1, 2015

Thursday, April 2

Carlton v Richmond (MCG)

Saturday, April 4

Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns (MCG)

Sydney Swans v Essendon (ANZ)

Brisbane Lions v Collingwood (GABBA)

Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles (ES)

Sunday, April 5

St Kilda v GWS Giants (ES)

Adelaide v North Melbourne (AO)

Fremantle v Port Adelaide (PS)

Monday, April 6

Hawthorn v Geelong Cats (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back