2015 Brisbane Lions Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be in the USA for a wedding during round 1 and I am absolutely spewing!

Plan of Action is to wake up at 3 or 4am to catch the game live and catch up on sleep during the speeches.

Keep an eye out here close to round 1: http://watchafl.afl.com.au/
It's the AFL international streaming service, and early in the season they often have 7-day trial or similar. Otherwise you can buy a 1 week pass anyway. You can also watch matches on replay, so you can avoid the early wake up... but this takes discipline as it means no touching the internet until after you watch the match!

...on the otherhand if you're visiting for a friend for a wedding and that friend is an AFL fan there's a good chance they already have access!

Cheers mate! After an entire off-season I don't think I'll like my chances of staying of afl related sites :D Considering I would have paid for a ticket to get in I won't be bothered paying similar for live streaming.

Unfortunately, It will be with a predominantly Latin American affair so It would be a miracle if they did have access!

Collingwood have to travel 1st round! Makes it even sweeter!

I'm 100% going to this game, absolutely nothing will stop me, so excited
Yeah good fixturing start for you guys but disappointing for us. For some reason AFL never puts us in a big match in round 1. Still we get plenty during the year so can't really complain. Still for Melbournians Carl v Rich then Hawks v Cats at the G 1st round are 2 great games to go to.

Yeah good fixturing start for you guys but disappointing for us. For some reason AFL never puts us in a big match in round 1. Still we get plenty during the year so can't really complain. Still for Melbournians Carl v Rich then Hawks v Cats at the G 1st round are 2 great games to go to.
Hawks vs Pies 2012?

Hard to feel sorry for you when it is reportedly Collingwood's first Rd 1 interstate game in 25 years. :p

Hard to feel sorry for you when it is reportedly Collingwood's first Rd 1 interstate game in 25 years. :p
Good point. I am not complaining, we get a good run with the draw but anyone wants a big match 1st round

Good point. I am not complaining, we get a good run with the draw but anyone wants a big match 1st round

I'd imagine that when looking at the first round the AFL are probably looking for contests. Rich vs Carlton is a bit of a round 1 tradition and then outside of that I'm not sure of the other melb teams who would have been a good contest matchup wise. Dons are out due to anzac day a few weeks later and then you're in Hawks, Geelong territory however they're a logical matchup given recent history. Maybe the kangas but on additions and performance this year they're probably a bit in front and not really a big drawing crowd. Had you been in the 8 still this season you may have got a round one blockbuster but given your slip down the table and off season activity I'd say that option got dropped down the list of priorities for the AFL.

Add in that they reneged on the easter thursday they're oblidged to give us at the moment, they needed a high drawing team to play us up here on the saturday and when it comes to crowds in brisbane there's not much bigger drawing team than collingwood.

What are you talking about? You've got the mighty Lions at the Gabba. It doesn't get bigger than that.:cool:
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Stevens‏@Stevo7AFL
Fri nights will remain the domain of the elite .. No Dogs or Lions .. Demons also long odds
Yeah, no surprise there after Swanny said in the interview the other day that Simon Lethlean had told him his Friday nights would be free next year.

Cant complain, really. The club didn't earn them.

We are playing away in round 2. Given the leaks that have come out it could be against Carlton, Geelong, Gold Coast, North, Port, St Kilda or West Coast.

My tip round 2 Nirth at ES

Round 3 Q Clash at Metricon

Round 4 we know we are at home on ANZAC day weekend.

I'll consider it a big positive if we are scheduled to play six games in Melbourne in 2015, not inclusive of our typical annual game in Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back