2015 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously pissing into the wind trying to predict this far out, but here goes anyway ;)

Who is your pick for the Brownlow in 2015? Who is the likeliest from your club? Any other predictions not specifically about the winner?

Dyson Heppell is the obvious stand out from Essendon, however I believe Essendon should bat quite deep in the middle next year so I can't see him polling enough votes to win.

Nat Fyfe is an absolute jet; and the decline of Freo (IMO obviously) should see him win votes in a shallow midfield. He'd be my pick this far out.

And I reckon Tex Walker is a fair chance to exceed 15 votes....

From my club I can only see Pendlebury winning it.

But my favourite would be Fyfe followed by Ablett, Selwood then Kennedy

In the possible absence of GAJ you can't really go past Fyfe so long as he can avoid injury or suspension.

From Port I would imagine Boak would poll well again, especially if we can avoid that mid season form slump that arguably cost him this year. At the same time if you follow the conventional wisdom that players poll well the year AFTER their breakout season then maybe Robbie Grey will give it a big shake.

Cunnington as a smokey, good player and I have a feeling he will have a big year.

Fyfey a huge chance, needs to control himself. Way too early though.
Robbie Gray will get noticed more and expect him to poll well.

Robbie Gray will poll much better in 2015. The umps take their lead from the media/coaches, generally have **** all idea and will fall back on default players when in doubt. Prime example is Dangerfield this year. Robbie could have a worse year but poll much better in 2015.
I agree, usually takes a player 1 good season before they get noticed from umpires so that they can poll well the following season. With this sort of thinking and if Lewis has a similar season to last he should poll a heap better. Though obviously the favorites are Ablett and Fyfe.

From my club, Priddis back to back? hahaha Shuey could have a ripper season too, his time to shine.

Fyfey a huge chance, needs to control himself. Way too early though.
Robbie Gray will get noticed more and expect him to poll well.

Yup i'm expecting the Dane Swan effect next year for Robbie. He'll poll well.

Fyfe will poll well but TBH i can't see him going through the whole season without whacking someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously pissing into the wind trying to predict this far out, but here goes anyway ;)

Who is your pick for the Brownlow in 2015? Who is the likeliest from your club? Any other predictions not specifically about the winner?

Dyson Heppell is the obvious stand out from Essendon, however I believe Essendon should bat quite deep in the middle next year so I can't see him polling enough votes to win.

Nat Fyfe is an absolute jet; and the decline of Freo (IMO obviously) should see him win votes in a shallow midfield. He'd be my pick this far out.

And I reckon Tex Walker is a fair chance to exceed 15 votes....

Jack Watts to have a break out season under Roosy and score 27 votes and win the thing.

You can name the usual suspects. If Ablett can stay injury free, he should do very well in a Rodney Eade coached Gold Coast Suns outfit.

Fyfe will be an interesting person to watch, have to see how Ross Lyon reinvents Fremantle's game plan and see how Fyfe is used over the course of the year. Hopefully he lessens the aggression and doesn't get suspended.

From a Hawthorn perspective would love to see Bruest get amongst the votes, heck if Langford elevates his game to another level to what we have already seen.... look out world.

Priddis could shock everyone and win back to back Brownlows :thumbsu:

It will be interesting to see if Fyfe gets the same protection as Ablett/Selwood this year, might mean he doesn't have to resort to doing something silly to stop being fondled and assaulted off the ball.

You'd expect to see all the usual suspects in the mix: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Boak, Cotchin, Priddis (;)), Kennedy, Franklin, Beams and now Gray after being overlooked for much of this year.

I reckon Ward could be a smokey as GWS improve. He picked up 15 votes for a team that won 6 games this year. Some of those Gold Coast boys (Swallow, Prestia, Bennell) are worth keeping an eye on too.

From my own club Cotchin is the best bet, proven vote getter in a solid side. Deledio is worth keeping an eye on too. He had injury troubles early in the year but dominated during the 9 game winning streak once Miles was able to take over a lot of the grunt work. He averaged 27.20 possessions and 1.40 goals a game over the last 10 games and polled 11 votes in that time.

Dom Tyson is the Dees best chance. Only polled in 4 games this year but picked up 11 votes from those (3x3 v prelim teams, all 11 v top 8), so when he does play well the umps are noticing him. Most votes of anyone drafted since 2011. Should hopefully be more consistent next year. Really tailed off in the middle-late part of 2014 as he looked fairly knackered from his first year playing more than 10 games. Wouldn't be surprised if he polled 15-20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back