2015 Brownlow Medal

if you took Fyfe out of the midfield it doesn't look so hot, would be middle tier at best.

Precisely my point.

Fyfe is an EXCEPTIONAL midfielder in an average to good midfield.

You guys win games (and you do based on your defensive work) he will poll very well.

Same could be said for Geelong with Selwood, Adelaide with Dangerfield and Cotchin with Richmond o_O

Not Adelaide, but Geelong and Richmond yes. In fact, I think Richmonds midfield most closely matches Freo.

Phhht

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 15, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This greasy little s**t-weasel can't even hear a siren blaring in his earpiece, and you expect me to care who he & his buddies vote for each week?

RAY.jpg

Nah it was worse than that. He actually heard a siren blaring in his earpiece when it hadn't. Pretty much a reflection of his umpiring

Mate I genuinely think you are having difficulty dealing with what is a mild criticism of your side.

Your midfield is not fantastic. I'm sorry, but it's not. That wasn't the main point of the OP, was a way of explaining WHY I thought Fyfe would poll so well.

You can disagree with me, that's fine - but at least try and back it up with some substance. Freos midfield has performed at around the middle tier of the league.

Similar to Richmond, it is totally reliant on a very small number of players and has next to no coverage for those players.

wcesam

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Still wanna see Ablett win again, he definitely would be worthy of being a 3-4 time winner by the end of his career

Fyfe will probably win going on the "unlucky the year before" thing meaning he will get votes more easily

chaelsonnen

All Australian
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dorks on here comparing Fyfe to Ablett? Fyfe isn't qualified to make Ablett a sandwich.
The reason Fyfe gets any attention at all is because people confuse him for one of those dweebs from One Direction. If he crossed Chael on the mean streets of West Linn Oregon, I'd slap him in the face and he'd still do nothing about it.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dorks on here comparing Fyfe to Ablett? Fyfe isn't qualified to make Ablett a sandwich.
The reason Fyfe gets any attention at all is because people confuse him for one of those dweebs from One Direction. If he crossed Chael on the mean streets of West Linn Oregon, I'd slap him in the face and he'd still do nothing about it.
Did he sleep with your sister?

Bulldocker

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WB,Claremont,Seahawks,Canucks
Did he sleep with your sister?
And his Mum at the same time perhaps?

Anyway, after the Fyfernator has finished making sandwiches for Gaz, he probably won't have quite enough votes to topple the little master :rolleyes:. But if there's one or two others that could possibly get in their way - it will be Rockliff or one of my absolute favourite non Freo players..... Luke Parker.

The Swert

Premiership Player
May 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Two rounds in and who is most likely to win the Brownlow?

Ablett is out indefinitely. Rockliff and Sidebottom are winged.

Fyfe, Gray, Sloane, JP Kennedy and Pendlebury have all started well.

Could Goldstein, Walker or JJ Kennedy be a surprise packet?

Two rounds in and who is most likely to win the Brownlow?

Ablett is out indefinitely. Rockliff and Sidebottom are winged.

Fyfe, Gray, Sloane, JP Kennedy and Pendlebury have all started well.

Could Goldstein, Walker or JJ Kennedy be a surprise packet?

Forget the KKP's you listed.

The best one is actually Franklin. Proven vote getter and in a great side polled well.

Fyfe and Dangerfield are the favourites, slightly lean towards Dangerfield as he has less players to steal votes.

Best of the others you haven't listed: Luke Parker, Joel Selwood (will Geelong win enough though and he didn't poll much in losses), Trent Cotchin

Feels like a Danger or Fyfe year to me.

Depends on Fyfe and not getting himself suspended. Took Fyfe before the season at $7 so I'm relatively happy. Also have a save n Luke Parker just because I love him lol

Can't see Parker winning it when he's competing for votes with the likes of JPK, Franklin, Hannebery, Jack etc.

The winners are usually standouts in their team.

Parker would have picked up the 3 in round 1. JPK and Franklin are great chances. Parker at $20 is worth a save though. He is a year away though.

Back