2015 Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the more interesting games for mine will be Freo vs North

Fyfe, Neale, Barlow and Mundy all played games that could be argued were BOG.

Ended up with 3. Fyfe - 2. Neale - 1. Barlow but hardly convinced by this

I had Fyfe, Barlow, Neale. I am confident in Fyfe getting 3 but the others were tough i agree.

i wouldnt mind just putting a little on priddis (paying $11) just for the pure fact that fyfe could go and get himself reported.
Came damn close last time and he does play on the edge a little bit

Crownbet have some pretty funny Fyfe specials such as will Fyfe poll more votes than Carlton?
I came here to post that.

Gold!

The odds seem about right. I wouldn't expect Fyfe to beat Carlton, but at the same time I wouldn't be super confident that he won't either.

I came here to post that.

Gold!

The odds seem about right. I wouldn't expect Fyfe to beat Carlton, but at the same time I wouldn't be super confident that he won't either.

How much do basket case teams usually poll? Lets assume Carlton win 2 or 3 games for the year.

As I've mentioned I'm not a Brownlow punter anymore but from memory i think Melbourne had some years with less than 28 votes total of recent times?

Cant see Fyfe getting less than that if his form continues which i would expect it to.

How much do basket case teams usually poll? Lets assume Carlton win 2 or 3 games for the year.

As I've mentioned I'm not a Brownlow punter anymore but from memory i think Melbourne had some years with less than 28 votes total of recent times?

Cant see Fyfe getting less than that if his form continues which i would expect it to.

Yeah to me it looks like a pretty solid bet. By most counts Fyfe is on a minimum of 18 votes and that is a really cautious estimate. Carlton collectively seem to have about 6 or 7 votes. They also have some really tough games coming up against Hawthorn (twice), Fremantle and Sydney where they will likely get thrashed and not get any of the votes. On the other hand Fyfe and Fremantle have some easy games against Carlton, Brisbane, St Kilda and the Gold Coast where you would think he should poll. I still won't be betting on it though haha.

Yeah to me it looks like a pretty solid bet. By most counts Fyfe is on a minimum of 18 votes and that is a really cautious estimate. Carlton collectively seem to have about 6 or 7 votes. They also have some really tough games coming up against Hawthorn (twice), Fremantle and Sydney where they will likely get thrashed and not get any of the votes. On the other hand Fyfe and Fremantle have some easy games against Carlton, Brisbane, St Kilda and the Gold Coast where you would think he should poll. I still won't be betting on it though haha.

Yea, im not betting on it either. Was just wondering what the averages are generally for teams that win 2, 3 or 4 games for the season (% would have to come into it also with how competitive you are in some of those losses to gain any votes). Fyfe would have a decent lead on Carlton right now for sure though.

There is also the 3 votes…C……Judd, factor. 20 touches, >60 point loss = 3 votes. :drunk:

Yea, im not betting on it either. Was just wondering what the averages are generally for teams that win 2, 3 or 4 games for the season (% would have to come into it also with how competitive you are in some of those losses to gain any votes). Fyfe would have a decent lead on Carlton right now for sure though.

There is also the 3 votes…C……Judd, factor. 20 touches, >60 point loss = 3 votes. :drunk:

Last year Saints and Dees 4 wins each

Saints 34
Melbourne 42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd have a quick look at the Leader @ Round 5 market (without Fyfe) and who I consider to be the main options
I actually had 3 players on the same number of votes, so here is the breakdown of their performances.

Dylan Shiel - 3.75
R1: 28D (13CP, 11K), 6CLR, 82%DE, 5I50's, 1G
For mine the BOG will be between Shiel and Treloar. Still thought that Treloar played a better overall game (got more ball, more inside work too). Outside of these two, Whitfield was impressive, but I think the one vote will go to Jack Steven.
2-3 Votes

R2: 26D (11CP, 14K), 9CLR, 73%DE, 8T, 3G
Most clearances on the ground, as well as 3 goals I would say gives him the BOG. Callan Ward and Stephen Coniglio were great for GWS, but Shiel was a step above those two I think.
3 Votes

R3: 14D
Will not even be close in this one. Not only did Sydney win, but the only Giant I can see getting a vote here is Whitfield, who had 37 touches and was superb.
0 Votes

R4: 39D (16CP, 17K), 6CLR, 74%DE, 5T, 1.2G
Would be very surprised if he wasnt BOG for this one. I know that Cameron and McCarthy kicked goals, but the Brownlow Medal is a midfielders award, and Shiel was the best midfielder by a long way in this game. I had Callan Ward as next best, but some way behind.
3 Votes

R5: 36D (11CP, 13K), 5CLR, 83%DE. 3I50, 2B
Reads as a very good game from Shiel, and would usually be vote worthy, if it wern't for the fact that his side almost lost by 100 points. Fully expect Eagles players to get the 3,2,1 from this game.
0 Votes

Total Votes: 9-8

Dan Hannebery - 4.50

R1: 26D (14CP, 12K), 8CLR, 76%DE, 8T, 6I50
Didn't have Hannebery polling in this game. Luke Parker was best on ground, and Josh Kennedy not too far behind. Heppell was very good for Essendon when they were in front, so I feel as though he may sneak in for a vote also. Kieren Jack and Hannebery probably just missing out on a vote.
0 Votes

R2: 28D (9CP, 11K), 4CLR, 71%DE, 4I50, 2G
Another serviceable game from Hannebery, but there were others that played better. Kennedy with 36 @ 77% and 11CLR appeared to be the BOG, and Kieren Jack also played a very serviceable game. Hannebery with 2 goals on the board I think will either get him the remaining vote.
1 Vote

R3: 35D (15CP, 12K), 7CLR, 74%DE, 5I50, 1G
Won the BOG medal for this match, and rightfully so. One of those performances that you would think should earn a player 3 votes. McVeigh was probably the next best for Sydney, but I feel as though he plays a bit of an outside game that may not attract attention. As noted above, Whitfield was superb in this game, and I actually think he may get 2 votes here. Franklin kicked 5 also, which could secure him a vote.
3 Votes

R4: 31D (16DP, 10K), 6CLR, 74%DE, 5T
I thought that he was Sydneys best player in the narrow loss to the Dockers. Given that Freo won, I would say that Fyfe would get the 3 votes, as he was everywhere that game. Mundy was Freo's best but was behind Hannebery in terms of impact. Given it was a close loss, I'd say the umpires will have no issues giving Hannebery the 2.
2 Votes

R5: 37D (18CP, 19K), 4CLR, 54%DE (wet game), 10T, 13I50
Pretty much identical to my description of Round 4 for Hannebery. The Bulldogs won this game and Liam Picken was their best player, so i'd expect him to get the 3. Whilst Dahlhaus and Bontempelli had good games, those numbers for Hannebery and the fact it was a one kick game, I'd say would give him the two votes, with him being a sneaky chance at BOG.
2-3 Votes

Total Votes: 9-8

David Mundy - 16.00

R1: 29D (15CP, 15K), 10CLR, 79%DE, 4T
I rated Mundy as BOG for this game. I thought that Mundy, D.Pearce and Fyfe were Freo's best, whilst Wines and Ebert played solid games for Port Adelaide. Given that Freo won, I'd expect a Dockers player to be BOG. I wasn't all that impressed with Fyfes game. He had 31D@65%, 4CLR, 7I50 and a goal, whilst Pearce kicked 2 goals from 28D with 7CLR. This was a very hard game to read, and I cannot say with confidence that I think Mundy will get 3, but I have given him that for now.
3-1 Votes

R2: 39D (16CP, 20K), 8CLR, 71%DE, 9T
A very very good game that would usually get you a BOG, if it wern't for Fyfes 31D and 3 Goal performance. I have a feeling that Fyfe and Mundy will be splitting a few 3's and 2's this season, and this will be one of them. I gave Mundy 2 votes for his performance, but he is still a chance at the 3 if Fyfe does not get it.
2-3 Votes

R3:
Wasnt really sighted during the derby. Lachie Neale was immense and a clear BOG followed by Stephen Hill. I expect Fyfe and Pearce to fight it out for the remaining vote.
0 Votes

R4: 22D (12CP, 11K), 6CLR, 77%DE, 4T
Partially explained this one with my Hannebery vote. Fyfe was a clear BOG, and Hanneberry was clearly the next best on the ground. Still think they will give a Fremantle player the remaining vote, and Mundy was the next best behind Fyfe. Jake Lloyd played a good game, but I cant see the umpires recognising his performance.
1 Vote

R5: 28D (9CP, 16K), 7CLR, 82%DE 8T, 9I50, 2G
Another one of those games that I think he and Fyfe will split the 3 and the 2. Mundy went head to head with Jones and beat him through the middle. The 2 goals as well I think adds to his case for a BOG. Fyfe had 30D with 8CLR and a goal, but I still think that Mundy had more impact on the game, whilst Fyfe did alot of the usual fyfe stuff (marking, breaking out of packs etc..)
3-2 Votes

Total Votes: 10-6

Value Lies with Mundy at $16, but there is the Fyfe factor to play with. Either way, I'd say the leader at Round 5 will come from these 3. Expect whoever is behind Fyfe to be on about 7-9 votes. There were a few guys in my count that were on 6 that I will list here without going into detail
Sloane - $14
Lewis - $14
Watson - $14
Bontempelli - $16
Picken - Not Listed (but I had him as BOG for Rounds 4+5, hence the 6 votes)

Tally at Round 10

N.Fyfe 20
S.Mitchell 15
D.Hannebery 14
D.Beams 12
M.Priddis 12
D.Shiel 11
D.Armitage 11
D.Mundy 10

Pretty interesting tally. Surprised you have Beams so high given the Lions have only won 2 games. Also Mitchell is a bit of a smokey, haven't seen him at short odds on many sites.

Pretty interesting tally. Surprised you have Beams so high given the Lions have only won 2 games. Also Mitchell is a bit of a smokey, haven't seen him at short odds on many sites.
Had Beams BOG for your two wins
Have also given him 2 votes in the previous 2 games (29D, 3G) (38D, 5CLR)
And gave him 2 votes in Round 3 (35D, 11CLR)

In reality though, those 2 vote games could only be 1 voters, in which case he would be on 9

sorry I haven't been posting round by round votes as I have in past years, have just been too flat out to post often. am still doing votes each game after each weekend and may try to post all of the round by round if I get a chance.

for what its worth, my leaderboard as follows

30 N Fyfe (Freo)
25 D Hannebery (Syd)
23 M Priddis (WCE)
20 A Gaff (WCE)
17 T Goldstein (NM),D Armitage (St K)
16 S Pendlebury (Coll), S Mitchell (Haw), L Hodge (Haw)

I know this question is asked every year, and almost every year we get a negative answer, but...

Is this finally the year where a ruckman is given accurate votes that reflect performance. It was impossible not the give Goldstein the 3 last week, but I do wonder if he will poll as he should this year.
I honestly think that he is no serious chance of winning it, but can run top 5-10. has been very good no question but not enough to get past the likes of fyfe, hanners atc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back