2015; Bye Rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 players round 11
20 players round 12
13(14 if Sloane is back) players round 13

This is where i plan to trade out Clark, Kraks and Tarrant and get 3 playing players for rd13, i think it's the best i can do.

Bye round strategy when playing for overall -- how do you best manage them?

At the moment, I've got 21 players whose teams play in Round 11, Mason Cox won't play. Jack Lonie may play. If Jack Lonie does play, I've got one too many forwards playing. (Although, perhaps I'll trade Tarrant out ahead of the Byes and fix that)

So, I'd be looking at 18 players playing, with a very strong midfield, pretty strong forward line, and a depleted backline.

I've got 17 players I can rely on to start in Round 12, with Whitex + Hamling hopefully getting games somehow. So, naturally, I intend to trade some players in.

To do this, I'd need a nice reserve of money/rookies ready to sell.

Lonie, Touk and Saad are the only rookies that I have that would be ready to sell, whilst also missing the game. At the moment, they'd bring me in about $975K, The sorts of players on my radar to bring in would be: Sloane, Rance, Murphy, Simpson, Houli, Gibson, Rockliff, Deledio. My defence is very weak. And I haven't exhausted the list of options. Just my first thoughts.

How much of a buffer in the bank should I have to ensure I can afford 2 of them? (or better, 3 of them).

In Round 13 I've got 18 likely starters. Including the 3 that I'd be trading in in Round 12. So, I'd opt to bring 3 more in. This time I could sell rookies like: Krakour, Hogan, Clark, (Tarrant unless I trade him now) they'd give me an extra $900K or so to play with.

--------
Writing the post helps to clarify my thoughts.

If Lonie is looking like playing again, I'm thinking Tarrant must go, to generate some cash. And hopefully I'd grab a player who could be useful through the Byes. But I'm not actually sure which round I'd want them to have their Bye in. If I keep them forward, it's probably best they miss Round 11, if they're a Mid, they MUST play round 12. Any thoughts on players? I can DPP to bring basically anyone.

18, 15, 21 currently.

With some gentle massaging I should be able to get at least 17 on the ground for the second week.

Bye round strategy when playing for overall -- how do you best manage them?

At the moment, I've got 21 players whose teams play in Round 11, Mason Cox won't play. Jack Lonie may play. If Jack Lonie does play, I've got one too many forwards playing. (Although, perhaps I'll trade Tarrant out ahead of the Byes and fix that)

So, I'd be looking at 18 players playing, with a very strong midfield, pretty strong forward line, and a depleted backline.

I've got 17 players I can rely on to start in Round 12, with Whitex + Hamling hopefully getting games somehow. So, naturally, I intend to trade some players in.

To do this, I'd need a nice reserve of money/rookies ready to sell.

Lonie, Touk and Saad are the only rookies that I have that would be ready to sell, whilst also missing the game. At the moment, they'd bring me in about $975K, The sorts of players on my radar to bring in would be: Sloane, Rance, Murphy, Simpson, Houli, Gibson, Rockliff, Deledio. My defence is very weak. And I haven't exhausted the list of options. Just my first thoughts.

How much of a buffer in the bank should I have to ensure I can afford 2 of them? (or better, 3 of them).

In Round 13 I've got 18 likely starters. Including the 3 that I'd be trading in in Round 12. So, I'd opt to bring 3 more in. This time I could sell rookies like: Krakour, Hogan, Clark, (Tarrant unless I trade him now) they'd give me an extra $900K or so to play with.

--------
Writing the post helps to clarify my thoughts.

If Lonie is looking like playing again, I'm thinking Tarrant must go, to generate some cash. And hopefully I'd grab a player who could be useful through the Byes. But I'm not actually sure which round I'd want them to have their Bye in. If I keep them forward, it's probably best they miss Round 11, if they're a Mid, they MUST play round 12. Any thoughts on players? I can DPP to bring basically anyone.

I am leaning towards keeping Tarrant because of his R13 bye.

I have Brown, Lonie and McKenzie in my team who have the bye in week 2. I will be looking at getting rid of 2 them after the first bye. At the moment I am looking at keeping McKenzie because of his DPP. I will upgrade to one premo this round who had their bye in week 1.

I have Gregson, Krak, Tarrant and Amon (coming into my team this week) who have the bye in week 3. I will be looking at getting rid of 2 them after the 2nd bye. I will upgrade to another premo who had their bye in week 1 or 2.

With my current team I have one forward spot to upgrade, 2 mids to upgrade and maybe 1 defender to upgrade (assuming that either Ox or Saad become a keeper)

I will be doing 2 trades this week (one up and one down) in order to get Rockliff and to get some more cash.

I will most likely do one more trade before the byes to raise some more cash. I am not sure who will be culled but I will assess things over the next few weeks.

My current set up for the byes after this week is:

R11 - 22 playing

R12 - 20 playing

R13 - 17 playing

I set up my team deliberately at the start of the season with the byes in mind and I have even spread of premos across each line for each round.

After next week's 1 trade of miller to b smith my bye rounds are looking like this:

(Assuming krak plays)

Rd 11 - 22 players, 1 extra fwd so 21 on field
Rd 12 - 19 players
Rd 13 - 17 players. Gregson, clark and taz will hopefully make way for pendles

I set up my team deliberately at the start of the season with the byes in mind and I have even spread of premos across each line for each round.
1000% disagree with this you should IMO trade your way around the byes at about this time of year and you'll be fine, just get the points on the board the first 8 weeks
I didn't do that at all and I'm feilding
Rnd11-19
Rnd12- 17
Rnd13- 17

But I have no idea if your counting guys like lonie/Glenn etc to be playing

1000% disagree with this you should IMO trade your way around the byes at about this time of year and you'll be fine, just get the points on the board the first 8 weeks
I didn't do that at all and I'm feilding
Rnd11-19
Rnd12- 17
Rnd13- 17

But I have no idea if your counting guys like lonie/Glenn etc to be playing
After round 6, I was ranked 336 overall so I was going pretty well. I had a bad week in round 7 to drop outside the top 2000 but climbed back in round 8 to now sit at 1401 overall.

I am counting Lonie in my numbers for Rnd 11. I will have 22 starting on the ground that week including Lonie (providing there are no injuries between now and then)

Out of interest the players I intend to possibly trade out around the byes are Brown, Gregson, Krak, Amon, Lonie, Clark, Tarrant and CEY.

I have not counted Read in my numbers as he is in my team purely for loophole purposes.

You only have to look at the current number one ranked team to see that they are screwed in R12 as they have 5 premium midfielders who are going to be missing that round. Either they are going to lose points or burn uncessary trades that round by trading out premos if they want to stay in contention.

Time will tell if my strategy will pay off.

After round 6, I was ranked 336 overall so I was going pretty well. I had a bad week in round 7 to drop outside the top 2000 but climbed back in round 8 to now sit at 1401 overall.

I am counting Lonie in my numbers for Rnd 11. I will have 22 starting on the ground that week including Lonie (providing there are no injuries between now and then)

Out of interest the players I intend to possibly trade out around the byes are Brown, Gregson, Krak, Amon, Lonie, Clark, Tarrant and CEY.

I have not counted Read in my numbers as he is in my team purely for loophole purposes.

You only have to look at the current number one ranked team to see that they are screwed in R12 as they have 5 premium midfielders who are going to be missing that round. Either they are going to lose points or burn uncessary trades that round by trading out premos if they want to stay in contention.

Time will tell if my strategy will pay off.
Let me know how u go after the byes to see how we all went

As of right now

Rd 11- 20/21 Depends whether Glenn plays
Rd 12- 15/16 Depends whether Anderson plays
Rd 13 - 19/21 Depends on Anderson/Glenn

Not counting O'Brien as I doubt he'll play. Definitely have too many Rd12 players out, of those that are out I will get rid of Brown, Miller, one of Saad/DMac and maybe Ox (if he averages >90 from now until then I'll keep him as a premo).

I am leaning towards keeping Tarrant because of his R13 bye.

I have Brown, Lonie and McKenzie in my team who have the bye in week 2. I will be looking at getting rid of 2 them after the first bye. At the moment I am looking at keeping McKenzie because of his DPP. I will upgrade to one premo this round who had their bye in week 1.

I have Gregson, Krak, Tarrant and Amon (coming into my team this week) who have the bye in week 3. I will be looking at getting rid of 2 them after the 2nd bye. I will upgrade to another premo who had their bye in week 1 or 2.

With my current team I have one forward spot to upgrade, 2 mids to upgrade and maybe 1 defender to upgrade (assuming that either Ox or Saad become a keeper)

I will be doing 2 trades this week (one up and one down) in order to get Rockliff and to get some more cash.

I will most likely do one more trade before the byes to raise some more cash. I am not sure who will be culled but I will assess things over the next few weeks.

My current set up for the byes after this week is:

R11 - 22 playing

R12 - 20 playing

R13 - 17 playing

Nice numbers for the byes. Well done.

What's amon's JS like? Considering him as a downgrade this week. Cheers

Nice numbers for the byes. Well done.

What's amon's JS like? Considering him as a downgrade this week. Cheers

I would think it is very good. Port need to get games into him and he has looked the goods in each qtr he has played.

Whilst going over my MBR strategy I realised that I'll be screwed if I burn any more trades until Rd12. I have the cash (180k) to upgrade Cripps & Miller for a mid & fwd premo THIS WEEK, but evaluating my current situation (16 trades, yeh I know) I think I'll be holding my remaining trades until Rd12 and relying on Oxley, Saad, Touk, Cripps & 1 of Tarrant/Krak on field for the next 3 rounds.

As you can see from the projections below, it's very tight and that's not including any injury, suspension or rookies being dropped/rested/vested type of carnage from now until the end of the bye rounds.

Rd's 9-10-11
***no trades***

-----

Rd11 (18 available) + Lamb* doughnut

Shaw, Oxley, Newnes, Saad
Fyfe, Pendles, Parker, Griffen, Miller, Lang, McKenzie
Goldy, Naitanui
Gray, Swan, Goddard, Tarrant, Krak

-------

Rd12 (18 available) + Hamling*, Lambert* & Lamb* doughnuts

Rd12 TRADES
Oxley > Rd11 bye Def premo
Miller > Rd11 bye Mid premo

Shaw, Smith, Hodge, *PREMO*, Lever
Danger, Griff, Rocky, *PREMO*, Cripps, Lang
Goldy, NicNat
Gray, Dusty, Bont, Tarrant, Krak

-------

Rd13 (20 available) + Hamling* & Lambert* doughnuts

Rd13 trades
Lang > Rd11/12 bye ROOKIE
Tarrant > Rd11/12 bye FWD PREMO

Hodge, Newnes, Smith, Saad, *PREMO*, Lever
Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Parker, Rockliff, *PREMO*, Cripps, McKenzie, *ROOKIE*
Dusty, Swan, Goddard, Bont *PREMO*

----

Rd 14 team

Hodge, Shaw, Smith, *PREMO*, Newnes, Saad, (Lever, Hamling)
Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Parker, Griffen, Rocky, PREMO*, Cripps (McKenzie, *ROOKIE*, Lambert)
Goldy, NicNat (Lucey)
Gray, Swan, Dusty, Goddard, Bont, *PREMO* (Krak, Lamb)

****12 trades Remaining*****

Rds 14-15

TRADES: Downgrade/Upgrade/: Lever, McKenzie, Krak, Cripps,

Rd16 = 8 trades left for last 8 rounds

Luxury/sideways trades- (injury permitting) Newnes*, Saad*, NicNat*, Griffen*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just throwing this out there as a bye strategy.

In an NFL fantasy game I used to take part in, the byes were a pain. You had to try and stagger your best players so they didn't have byes on the same week, and that you had a minimum number of players each week.
Then I did some statistical work on it and figured that for the purposes of the season overall, given leagues are based on W-L and not overall score, it was better to actually have a week where most of your side is on a bye. You forfeit a loss for one week, but in turn near guarantee a win in the other bye weeks as you aren't missing anyone, and you haven't had to affect your long-term strategy by trying to stagger the players bye weeks.

Has anyone considered or done this for SC (or one of the other games)?

Can I get some feedback on this please guys?

I understand that it's no sure thing of working out in this way. But I'm hoping it can.

Note: It requires me trading in Rockliff + Dale (for Tarrant + Lonie) this week and Yeo + Marsh (for Whitecross + McIntosh) next week.

Codes should be self explanatory -- M-DG = Midfield- Downgrade, and so on. Trade 1+2+3 would be Touk+Saad+McKenzie.

I'd be left with 13 trades to finish the season.

upload_2015-5-28_22-7-35.png

That looks OK, I think, but I'm not planning to do any trades for the next two weeks as I don't want to trade anyone in with a bye looming. I understand you might be going for overall which means you approach it a bit differently. I'm only going for league wins.

At the end of the first bye round I'm probably going to trade out 2 of Oxley, Newnes and McKenzie for a rookie and a premo.

After the second bye week I'm going to trade out 2 of Lumumba, Clarke, Tarrant and Hogan for a rookie and a premo.

That gives me 20/20/20, not counting Glenn. DPP gives me the capability to get all my playing players on the field each bye round.

I understand that it's no sure thing of working out in this way. But I'm hoping it can.

Note: It requires me trading in Rockliff + Dale (for Tarrant + Lonie) this week and Yeo + Marsh (for Whitecross + McIntosh) next week.

Codes should be self explanatory -- M-DG = Midfield- Downgrade, and so on. Trade 1+2+3 would be Touk+Saad+McKenzie.

I'd be left with 13 trades to finish the season.

View attachment 138775

Goldy doesnt play R13, apart from that don't see any problems. Apart from the right players being at the right costs which is never a problem lol.

I too have looked at this over and over but its just impossible to tell what the numbers will be and who will be available, I have a couple of set targets but its just too hard to know if it will work.

17 playing round 11 (current 0's are ryder and cox)
19 playing round 12 (current 0's are lambert and ryder)
25 playing round 13 (current 0's are cox & lambert)

had a look at my two opponents for round 11. in the league i'm doing well in, the guy i'm up against currently has 17 in r11 as well, yet also 5 0's. not too concerned there. might look at bringing in hamling and trading out touk in round 12. round 13 looks sweet, although anything can happen haha.

DEF: Shaw, Gibson, McDonald, Newnes, Saad. Oxley (McIntosh, Lever)
MID: Fyfe , Pendles, Danger, Hannebery, Lewis, Griffen, Rockliff, CEY (Cripps, McKenzie, Anderson)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Downie)
FWDS: Martin, Franklin, Goddard, Swan, Mitchell, Clark (Dale, Krak)

Either by evil genius or sheer arsery I have the following numbers available:

Round 11: 20
Round 12: 20
Round 13: 22

Realistically I'm culling 2-3 per week from this number once you count the Downies/Andersons/Rockliffs and the dodgy JS of Bale.

I'm looking at 17 in Round 12 but hopefully Hodge/Deledio will by in by then.

Fingers crossed, hold on everyone, the ride will be bumpy this year!

DEF: Shaw, Gibson, McDonald, Newnes, Saad. Oxley (McIntosh, Lever)
MID: Fyfe , Pendles, Danger, Hannebery, Lewis, Griffen, Rockliff, CEY (Cripps, McKenzie, Anderson)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Downie)
FWDS: Martin, Franklin, Goddard, Swan, Mitchell, Clark (Dale, Krak)

Either by evil genius or sheer arsery I have the following numbers available:

Round 11: 20
Round 12: 20
Round 13: 22

Realistically I'm culling 2-3 per week from this number once you count the Downies/Andersons/Rockliffs and the dodgy JS of Bale.

I'm looking at 17 in Round 12 but hopefully Hodge/Deledio will by in by then.

Fingers crossed, hold on everyone, the ride will be bumpy this year!

Im calling arsery, but good job none the less.

I'm still a little short for Rd12, but should be able to fill the void before the bye happens anyway.

Sloane could be back at exactly the right time for me.

Hypothetically, say someone doesn't have Fyfe.

Should they get him now, or have a $500k kitty to play with over the byes?

Hypothetically

Hypothetically, say someone doesn't have Fyfe.

Should they get him now, or have a $500k kitty to play with over the byes?

Hypothetically

Don't be a tightarse all your life, just do what you have to do to get him in THIS week.

Im calling arsery, but good job none the less.

I'm still a little short for Rd12, but should be able to fill the void before the bye happens anyway.

Sloane could be back at exactly the right time for me.

LOL it was certainly arsery, my Round 1 team had some bye considerations but that's about it, I only really thought of the byes this week in all seriousness, anyone who knows me certainly knows that I'm not what you call a 'planner' :)

Sloane returning in Round 12 would be nice :)

So too GAJ in Round 13...

Without consideration for my planned trades this week my worst case scenario for the bye rounds looks like...

Rd 11 - 18 players
Rd 12 - 15 players
rd 13 - 16 players

Having said that, as many others are planning to do, I'll trade during the byes to ensure maximum player numbers. As such, I should (barring injury or suspension) have at least 19 players available each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back