News 2015 Captain is Rocky!

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Honestly I'd say imo that the first person that comes to mind is Rockliff. After this i'd say Rich, Hanley and possibly D. Beams could fill out the rest of the captaining spots.

Also who else is going to the first round against Collingwood. Seriously the anticipation is killing me :mad::D
It would be easier to ask who isn't going.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rockliff and Mayes. I don't think people realise the influence Mayes has around the club
Its an awesome feeling knowing that someone of mayes quality has invested so much at such a young age at our club. I hate talking about them but it makes me wonder what he sees in the club that the go home 5 didnt see.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Its an awesome feeling knowing that someone of mayes quality has invested so much at such a young age at our club. I hate talking about them but it makes me wonder what he sees in the club that the go home 5 didnt see.

I think it comes down to getting out what you put in.

Mayes was on record early as just fully emotionally investing in and embracing the club... not putting the onus 100 percent on the club to make him happy, but recognising that it was partially up to him to "buy in".

It would seem the go-home 5 did not do this, and had one eye on the door from the start.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it comes down to getting out what you put in.

Mayes was on record early as just fully emotionally investing in and embracing the club... not putting the onus 100 percent on the club to make him happy, but recognising that it was partially up to him.

It would seem the go-home 5 did not do this, and had one eye on the door from the start.
I hope some of this initiative rubs off on aish.

squirrel grip

Rookie
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it will be Rockliff with his strong leadership already,plus he is face of the club ,
this is what our club needs and i would love to see hanley as his vice captain he is a dead set gun
and the players will follow his lead

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I hope some of this initiative rubs off on aish.
I honestly think Aish will stay. Just biding his time for a big deal, the leverage his management has is quite substantial. He should be able to get a fair amount of money from the club. Hell if I was in James's position I would be doing the exact same thing.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Aish thing I am a bit over whether he stays or goes. Chances are Dangerfield is gone, so it is logical that Adelaide will go hard after Aish. He has made noises about being his own man and having a career not so influenced by the feats of his family. Brisbane is a perfect place for him to do that.

I think the one thing in favour of him staying is that he seems quite a reserved character and he wont get any peace in Adelaide.

I agree with Billy, Aish is holding on for the best deal, wherever that might be.

But if he does go we bring another kid in who might be just as good if not better.

He has been postponing it so many times we are losing track haha. No, last time l heard was until the end of the pre-season ... unless there has been an update l don't know about.

If its till the end of the season that is well and truly pushing it IMO. Fair enough chase more money, but don't stuff the club around. I'm over Aish discussion man.

I reckon he is too.

No doubt, but in his mind if a) he wants to go then he can deal with it just as the supporters will or b) if he wants to hold off in hope for as much money as possible then once again we're all stuck in this topic until seasons end. Either way we're all doomed. DOOMED I SAY!

I'm trying to find the source. Hammo's Twitter has been dormant since Richy did his ACL (which, today, gave me no end of palpitations).

EDIT

OK all official like now. Great news. Congrats Rocky!

Last edited:
Back