Player Sponsorship 2015 Charlie Sutton Medal - 7th October @ Crown Palladium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's weird I seem to remember last year or the year before the website uploaded speeches from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, president and coach.

They took a day or so, they'll edit them etc then post

Just on Boyd not being there, there was posted in the HS today.

20151009_123250_resized.jpg

Just looking at the CSM results and considered the following:

- 4 defenders in the top 6; Wood, Murph, JJ, MBoyd,
- Wood wins decisively,
- JJ wins most improved in a year of big improvers,
- Murph, Wood AA (Murph captain),
- MBoyd AA shortlisted in unfamiliar position,
- Biggs, Hamling, Fletcher Roberts all start Dogs careers admirably, exceeding many expectations.

When you consider these achievements collectively, a real unsung hero this season has been defensive line coach Rohan Smith.

If anybody had've posted these achievements as realistic expectations at the start of the year, theyd've been howled down as hopelessly optimistic, but under Smith's watch our defensive group have achieved all that and more.

Great work Bubba.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the CSM results and considered the following:

- 4 defenders in the top 6; Wood, Murph, JJ, MBoyd,
- Wood wins decisively,
- JJ wins most improved in a year of big improvers,
- Murph, Wood AA (Murph captain),
- MBoyd AA shortlisted in unfamiliar position,
- Biggs, Hamling, Fletcher all start Dogs careers admirably, exceeding many expectations.

When you consider these achievements collectively, a real unsung hero this season has been defensive line coach Rohan Smith.

If anybody had've posted these achievements as realistic expectations at the start of the year, theyd've been howled down as hopelessly optimistic, but under Smith's watch our defensive group have achieved all that and more.

Great work Bubba.
Agreed.

Given the above, I wouldn't have put Suckling as our highest priority during trade period.

Agreed.

Given the above, I wouldn't have put Suckling as our highest priority during trade period.

All good. We get suck as a FA so not giving up much. Can play wing/half forward so consider him an upgrade on grant

All good. We get suck as a FA so not giving up much. Can play wing/half forward so consider him an upgrade on grant
Plus with Murph, Boyd, Morris all 30+ a bit of experienced cover is not a bad policy, particularly when you can get him as a free agent.

Speaking of speeches, how good was it that Katie Brennan said 'my heart is definitely with this club'. The ladies are really embracing the whole lifting in profile of woman's footy understandably, but the Dogs female players are also getting behind the whole Dogs ideals and community!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back