List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

So Dawes is contracted to the end of 2016. I see calls to get rid of him (and I share the same sentiment) but how realistic is that proposition?

They could seek a trade - slight possibility.

They could delist and re-rookie - not going to happen.

I'm not sure delisting him is realistic, and I'd be pretty surprised if a good trade option came along.

I think the solution is to offer someone else an opportunity for a few weeks (Fitz, Jamar?) and see if that works.

Realistically, we really need to find another tall forward option to bring through. Preferably a tall that can pinch in the ruck. Charlie Dixon or a Kurt Tippet type.

I'm not sure delisting him is realistic, and I'd be pretty surprised if a good trade option came along.

I think the solution is to offer someone else an opportunity for a few weeks (Fitz, Jamar?) and see if that works.

Realistically, we really need to find another tall forward option to bring through. Preferably a tall that can pinch in the ruck. Charlie Dixon or a Kurt Tippet type.
Haaaaaave you met Max King...

Out of contract:
Daniel Cross- Please go on for another year.. Please Crossy we wuv you
Jack Fitzpatrick- Keep him, we need him as depth and I still think he can play as the second forward
Colin Garland (RFA)- Hope we can keep him although some premiership sides might take the punt
Max Gawn- Signed a 2 year extension not long ago did he not?
James Harmes- Will all depend on these couple of weeks at AFL level you would think
Jeremy Howe- Trade him for a decent pick
Mark Jamar- Retire, Spencer and Gawn have got this
Max King- 2 Year deal on the senior list if they think he has a future
Jordie McKenzie- Delist
Cam Pedersen- 2 year deal, he is our best ruck/forward
Jimmy Toumpas- Trade him to SA
Mitchell White- ?
Dean Terlich- Delist
Rohan Bail- Delist
Matt Jones- Probably delist but does a job when called upon

Unknown:
Aiden Riley- Great tackler, not alot else.. Love his effort though and might be worth another year
Viv Michie- I dont see anything great about Michie but Id give him another year
Ben Newton- Give him another 2 atleast
Dom Tyson- Sign him for as long as he wants

Poor Jordie doesn't even get a bolded "Delist". :cry:

With Garland still not signed (doesn't have Frawley's excuse of not knowing the club's direction), I wonder if Fitz learning to play in defence this year is with the view that Garland won't be hanging around.

Would keep him over Riley. Not that I dislike him, but I can't recall an instance where he's done anything memorable other than chase down and tackle someone. Don't think I've ever seen him take a contested grab, hit someone lace out, show any composure in traffic and hit someone in space, etc.
That's cause you haven't been to a Casey game, coz every week he competes, but no chance to see the execution skills for the Dees when he plays in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's cause you haven't been to a Casey game, coz every week he competes, but no chance to see the execution skills for the Dees when he plays in the forward line.
McKenzie competes well at Casey too :$

VFL form means just about diddley these days, unless they have no form in the VFL, in which case they're probably crap.

Contracted to End of 2015

Daniel Cross
Jack Fitzpatrick
Colin Garland
James Harmes (2nd year rookie)
Jeremy Howe
Jayden Hunt (Assumed, as a 2013 draftee)
Mark Jamar
Max King (2nd year rookie)
Jordie McKenzie
Cameron Pedersen
Jimmy Toumpas
Mitchell White (Assumed, as a 2014 rookie)

TBC

Rohan Bail
Sam Frost
Viv Michie
Ben Newton

Aidan Riley
Dean Terlich

Dom Tyson

Italicised are the ones I'd like to see the back of. Think Cross has another year in him if he wants it, and Jamar should definitely be kept on if he agrees to it rather than tossed on the scrap heap for whatever weird reasons people enjoy doing it for. Included Howe there because he clearly wants to leave IMO, though would like to keep Garland if we could. The type of player you don't miss until he's gone. Three of McKenzie, Riley, Newton and Michie should go - though no complaints if they all do. Gut feel is that Newton will stay, probably because he presumable has a two year contract, though its clear to see the coaches don't rate him. Hunt and White are a bit unlucky, but aren't doing a huge amount when they get a chance in the VFL. Bail and Terlich have overstayed their welcome.

All you blokes saying Dawes should be delisted... who exactly are we going to replace him with? Name one other available player we could conceivably acquire who is better than Dawes.

There's a reason blokes like Dawes, Casboult, Liam Jones, etc get heaps of s**t piled on them. In a defense-minded league their position is bloody hard to play. There's not some magical supply of tall, strong, athletic blokes out there that can mark every ball that comes their way and kick straight when absolutely knackered. Those people are very rare, and when you find them they cost two first round draft picks and a million bucks a year.

Dawes is not Jesse Hogan. Stop expecting him to be.

Contracted to End of 2015

Daniel Cross
Jack Fitzpatrick
Colin Garland
James Harmes (2nd year rookie)
Jeremy Howe
Jayden Hunt (Assumed, as a 2013 draftee)
Mark Jamar
Max King (2nd year rookie)
Jordie McKenzie
Cameron Pedersen
Jimmy Toumpas
Mitchell White (Assumed, as a 2014 rookie)

TBC

Rohan Bail
Sam Frost
Viv Michie
Ben Newton

Aidan Riley
Dean Terlich

Dom Tyson

Italicised are the ones I'd like to see the back of. Think Cross has another year in him if he wants it, and Jamar should definitely be kept on if he agrees to it rather than tossed on the scrap heap for whatever weird reasons people enjoy doing it for. Included Howe there because he clearly wants to leave IMO, though would like to keep Garland if we could. The type of player you don't miss until he's gone. Three of McKenzie, Riley, Newton and Michie should go - though no complaints if they all do. Gut feel is that Newton will stay, probably because he presumable has a two year contract, though its clear to see the coaches don't rate him. Hunt and White are a bit unlucky, but aren't doing a huge amount when they get a chance in the VFL. Bail and Terlich have overstayed their welcome.
Agree with everything, except that I reckon Newton is a genuine midfield talent who rotates through half forward better than most. Needs more experience IMO.

Also Tyson is contracted until 2017, not that it matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back